G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
KvHulk
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Always the same complaints. You knew the date. You knew the time. You knew the vendor. hasbro even screwed up(?) and allowed non-premium members to order from 5-6pm. If you did not get what you wanted and are sore then go look in a mirror at the person to blame. (Yah, yah, I'm a troll, blah blah blah)
Count Drunkula
Customized

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:44 am
Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:48 am
So...I'm confused. No, it is not a new situation. Anyway, I got my Serpentor at the top of the hour. When I looked at Pulse 49 minutes after the sale started, Serpentor was still available. Yet people here are saying he sold out in a couple of minutes? I did not complete my own order within a couple of minutes and, again, I know I saw him available 49 minutes past the first hour of the sale. I specifically checked and thought to myself, great, I won't have to hear people complain about missing out. But here we are.

Is the site showing things available that are not to some of us?

Or is there some regional weirdness going on?
There were people tracking the sales live on TFW2005. You can "view source" the webpage of Hasbro Pulse items and see the inventory.

There were roughly 20,000 Serpentor sets put up for sale in the U.S. Roughly 17,500 sold in the first hour and there were 2,400 left at 6:00PM.

In about 4 minutes, those 2,400 sold.

6:00PM was announced as when non-Premium members could order.
Ok, now I got it. The Pulse Premium hour did not sell out. At all. The open buying hour sold out almost instantly.

That is NOT the same as an "instant sellout," nor does it involve "bots" or people somehow cheating.

It means that Pulse Premium members (and, due to a page exploit, a few non-members) bought up the majority - but not all - of the stock in an hour.

So basically all of the horror, anger, butthurt, etc. is a great load of nonsense. You want the figure? Join Pulse. That has been the takeaway for a while now. Considering it gives you free shipping, and how high shipping costs have gotten, the shipping on Mindbender and Serpentor exclusives alone would have practically paid for the Pulse membership, never mind any other purchases you might make throughout the year.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:59 pm

I was hoping for Cover Girl to come with her blonde hair but I am actually very pleased with this version. I love the face, the colors, the accessories. And she looks very different from Lady Jaye so I'll be satisfied with this one and probably will skip the eventual blonde hair variant.

EDIT: I agree the art on her packaging is really not it. Second female figure we have with childish silly artwork. Not cool Hasbro.

Outback looks amazing! I'm king of into him actually...hehe

My only disappointment is still no good version for Scarlett. All the other female figures look flawless and she still yet to have a decent version. The movie version is pretty but the colors of the costume do not do it for me.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:06 pm

My oldest son got two flat tires on his bike while traveling to the mall about 5 miles away. By the time I picked him up and put the bike on the car, the time for the Serpentor drop was only 2 minutes away. I had to use the app on my phone and I literally spent about ten minutes trying to get it to work. I had to back out or refresh the page so many times, I was worried it would sell out. There was one time where I had Serpentor in my cart but when I went to check out, he disappeared!! Added him again, and went through a bunch of bs again but eventually was able to place my order. All the while my son was sitting in the car watching me curse at my phone for ten minutes in the mall parking lot. Lol. Good times were had by all.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm

KvHulk wrote:(Yah, yah, I'm a troll, blah blah blah)
:lol: Don't flatter yourself.

Ro-El wrote: My oldest son got two flat tires on his bike while traveling to the mall about 5 miles away. By the time I picked him up and put the bike on the car, the time for the Serpentor drop was only 2 minutes away. I had to use the app on my phone and I literally spent about ten minutes trying to get it to work. I had to back out or refresh the page so many times, I was worried it would sell out. There was one time where I had Serpentor in my cart but when I went to check out, he disappeared!! Added him again, and went through a bunch of bs again but eventually was able to place my order. All the while my son was sitting in the car watching me curse at my phone for ten minutes in the mall parking lot. Lol. Good times were had by all.
I feel like the take-away from this story is to not have kids. And if you do have kids; never, ever go pick them up from anywhere.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:47 pm

I’m really liking what was revealed.
Snow Serpents - never owned these guys before but like all things classifieds, I’m curious how they will look. I love winter geared soldiers. So now the Joe team have to make SnowJob, Iceberg, and Blizzard.

Female Cobra Troopers- Finally. An evil terrorist organization bent on ruling the world can’t be a sausagefest all the time. Glad to have the variety in the Cobra ranks. Now if only the Joes can get the green shirts going with male and females with swappable heads for different nationalities.

Marauders Barbecue - He’s ok. I like original colors better. They should have included an unmasked head so more people will pick him up.

Buzzer- Finally a Dreadnok!! Ok technically Zarana came first in Classifieds, but Buzzer is one of my fav ’noks and one of the first “three stooges” of the Dreadnok group. Hope he comes with a chocolate doughnut and grape soda accessory.

Rock n Roll - not exactly close to an O13 look but he still looks cool to me and I never got his figure back in the day. I predict a retro version later closer to his 013 look and colors.

Regular Bazooka - Nice. I’m suspecting Alpine won’t be far behind.

Torpedo - Here we go!!! Always loved Torpedo. Navy Seal and cool swim gear to boot. What’s not to like? I lost my original RAH of him while playing in the kitchen sink. Torpedo torpedoed down the pipeline and was never heard from again. Until now. Very glad to see him in the classified line.

Copperhead - Nice. But he seems kinda naked without his water moccasin.

Shipwreck - Awesome. Glad they went with his classic look although I’m sure the sweater and beanie version will come out later. Why just have one version? I’m just sad he did not come with any frozen fish sticks………

Crimson Bat - Cool. More body guards for the elite of Cobra. My head cannon will make these guys more expensive to produce but have better AI than the normal Bat and PP version.

Falcon - One of my absolute fave figures. Gonna get a couple of this guy for various displays. I only wished they went the extra mile and gave him a leg holster with a sidearm. The shotgun and knife don’t seem enough. A soldier should always have a secondary firearm.

Outback regular - Effing awesome. Gotta love the survivalists. Can’t wait to own him.

Cover Girl - Absolutely awesome. I’m guessing the blonde hair version is in the works for later. Now I definitely will need a Wolverine vehicle.

Serpentor- What a pain in the a$$ to get butba great addition to the collection nonetheless. A separate single version is sure to come maybe next year. I’m almost certain the regular release version will have a different head sculpt where his hood is slightly bigger to be be more accurate to his original RAH and cartoon look. Plus it will make us double dip to get his figure again.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:48 pm

I picked up the Pulse membership right before backing the Haslab and knew it was a must in order to pre-order Serpentor since I missed out on Dr Mindbender. I know they aren’t always the first to ship, but for free shipping I will use the heck of it to get my Pulse membership paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BAT
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:52 pm

KvHulk wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:01 pm
Always the same complaints. You knew the date. You knew the time. You knew the vendor. hasbro even screwed up(?) and allowed non-premium members to order from 5-6pm. If you did not get what you wanted and are sore then go look in a mirror at the person to blame. (Yah, yah, I'm a troll, blah blah blah)
One might counter that if it's "always the same complaints" Hasbro could calibrate to the demand over time and adjust supply. Or they could not encourage scalping, as they are by allowing two purchases of an item that sells out instantaneously.

One might also counter that it shouldn't be a 24 hour on-call job to stay on top of one's hobby because corporations play stupid games like this. I am a premium member and did indeed know the vendor and date. Didn't know the time because I was taking my kids to a bday party and didn't have 3 hr to devote to watching the stream. I suppose I could have distractedly kept looking at my phone to figure out what was shown, what was exclusive and limited, when exactly it was going on sale, etc rather than interacting with other people and my kids on a Saturday and logging in once the party was over mere minutes after the sellout.

You can be the 'tough cookies' dude you evidently delight in being and take the position that it's my fault that I'm not willing to disrupt my life, familial connections, basic courtesy toward others at any time of day so I know what and when a corporation is doing without even an hour of wiggle room. I disagree though. There are so many win-wins conceivable whereby Hasbro gauges demand through preorders; or sells an in-stock first batch as a perk to pulse members/diligent sycophants like yourself and sets up a preorder for others to obtain it later; or sets up a timed window of exclusivity after which the item is more widely available; or just makes more to begin with because they are calibrated by now on demand and this is straight Mezco-style nonsense.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:53 pm

The only nitpicks I have, are that Copperheads boot tops should be a little bit wider than they are. That is some thin leather.

Covergirls head, as Mentioned on Geek/Dad/Life looks disturbingly like Joan Rivers. I couldn't put my finger on it, but that is why it looks so uncanny valley. No humans head looks like that naturally.

The rest of the Covergirl figure is very impressive.

Everything else is acceptable to great.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:56 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm
KvHulk wrote:(Yah, yah, I'm a troll, blah blah blah)
:lol: Don't flatter yourself.

Ro-El wrote: My oldest son got two flat tires on his bike while traveling to the mall about 5 miles away. By the time I picked him up and put the bike on the car, the time for the Serpentor drop was only 2 minutes away. I had to use the app on my phone and I literally spent about ten minutes trying to get it to work. I had to back out or refresh the page so many times, I was worried it would sell out. There was one time where I had Serpentor in my cart but when I went to check out, he disappeared!! Added him again, and went through a bunch of bs again but eventually was able to place my order. All the while my son was sitting in the car watching me curse at my phone for ten minutes in the mall parking lot. Lol. Good times were had by all.
I feel like the take-away from this story is to not have kids. And if you do have kids; never, ever go pick them up from anywhere.

Actually the takeaway should be that toys are not more important than family one loves. And that one will drop anything and everything to get to them and make sure they are safe. Afterwards, then one can go back to agonizing over toys.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:01 pm

MentalManipulator wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:59 pm
I was hoping for Cover Girl to come with her blonde hair but I am actually very pleased with this version. I love the face, the colors, the accessories. And she looks very different from Lady Jaye so I'll be satisfied with this one and probably will skip the eventual blonde hair variant.

EDIT: I agree the art on her packaging is really not it. Second female figure we have with childish silly artwork. Not cool Hasbro.

Outback looks amazing! I'm king of into him actually...hehe

My only disappointment is still no good version for Scarlett. All the other female figures look flawless and she still yet to have a decent version. The movie version is pretty but the colors of the costume do not do it for me.
I actually really like the Covergirl art. I like all the Classified art, especially because they go in such wildly different directions. Sure not all of them will hit with me, or others, but I like that we have so many different styles.

I also think this Covergirl art was probably intended for the plastic window packaging and not the cardboard only boxes. That way the art wouldn't be the main focus of the package, but rather the added bonus that most of them have been so far.

If anything I would agree with some others who have mentioned that if this is the main art on the front of the packaging it could be a bit misleading. Someone who picks this up without the requisite knowledge would probably assume it is some kind of Anime-esque toy, and maybe would come with a deformed tank as well.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:10 pm

Ro-El wrote: Actually the takeaway should be that toys are not more important than family one loves. And that one will drop anything and everything to get to them and make sure they are safe. Afterwards, then one can go back to agonizing over toys.
...No, I don't think that's right. I'm gonna stick with the 'don't have kids' thing. I already told mine they had to move out because of your excellent post and if I change my mind now, I'll look like a flip-flopper.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:15 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:10 pm
Ro-El wrote: Actually the takeaway should be that toys are not more important than family one loves. And that one will drop anything and everything to get to them and make sure they are safe. Afterwards, then one can go back to agonizing over toys.
...No, I don't think that's right. I'm gonna stick with the 'don't have kids' thing. I already told mine they had to move out because of your excellent post and if I change my mind now, I'll look like a flip-flopper.
It’s ok to flip flop for the ones you love.
aiborgatel
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:23 pm

Just a question..
Female Cobra Troopers are meant to be regular releases???
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:03 pm

Count Drunkula wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:21 pm

Ok, now I got it. The Pulse Premium hour did not sell out. At all. The open buying hour sold out almost instantly.

That is NOT the same as an "instant sellout," nor does it involve "bots" or people somehow cheating.

It means that Pulse Premium members (and, due to a page exploit, a few non-members) bought up the majority - but not all - of the stock in an hour.

So basically all of the horror, anger, butthurt, etc. is a great load of nonsense. You want the figure? Join Pulse. That has been the takeaway for a while now. Considering it gives you free shipping, and how high shipping costs have gotten, the shipping on Mindbender and Serpentor exclusives alone would have practically paid for the Pulse membership, never mind any other purchases you might make throughout the year.
Such empathy.
Personally, I don't think an hour and six minutes is a particularly long sale period for something, or that it's nonsense for people to be annoyed at such a short period of time to get something, but, hey, ymmv.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”