G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:31 am

Thanks to everyone that responded to me.

I'm really sorry about derailing the thread.

My life has completely gone down the shitter the last 6 months or so. I've never felt so low in my life, and I've had some very low points.

I apologize for being dramatic. I've tried to keep my passion for figures cause that's one of the last good things in my life, but it's just not enough. I'll be 45 in a few months, and I have no wife, no children, no job, no home, no car. I honestly have nothing to live for. It's far too late to start over. I had no idea how miserable things got in this country over the last 15 years while I was away. It's terrible.

I've never felt such despair.

Sorry. Back to GI Joes.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 pm

I had finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a HISS, made the decision about 8 last night.

Then got busy with stuff and forgot LOL

Oh well.

And hope things get better for you, os189. I've been jobless in the past and it is a scary feeling.
herohunt
CROM!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:20 pm

os189 wrote:

My life has completely gone down the shitter the last 6 months or so. I've never felt so low in my life, and I've had some very low points.

I apologize for being dramatic. I've tried to keep my passion for figures cause that's one of the last good things in my life, but it's just not enough. I'll be 45 in a few months, and I have no wife, no children, no job, no home, no car. I honestly have nothing to live for. It's far too late to start over. I had no idea how miserable things got in this country over the last 15 years while I was away. It's terrible.

Sorry. Back to GI Joes.
It may not seem like it but you have everything to live for. Don't give up brother.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 pm

herohunt wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:20 pm
os189 wrote:

Sorry. Back to GI Joes.
It may not seem like it but you have everything to live for. Don't give up brother.
Forty-five isn’t really that old, and it’s never too late to start anew. Consider that you’re in a position where you can decide on a path to do what you’ve dreamt of doing. Without entanglements, you have the time to learn new skills, new trades, take classes, and pursue a dream job. You just have to take the initiative, and get started. Don’t toss in the towel.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:11 pm

os189 wrote:
...I had no idea how miserable things got in this country over the last 15 years while I was away. It's terrible...
Thanks for reminding me how nearly everyday feels like I'm in the Bizarroverse

On a happier note, CMD shipped the Twins and Stalker. At this pace, Zarana, Dusty, and the Crimson Guard should be in hands by Thanksgiving, if they're not already.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:49 pm

As a fellow 45 year old I can say that I'm currently undergoing perhaps my biggest life changes now and have found an acceptance and even delight in realizing there's no such thing as an age where one can't change.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:00 am

os189 wrote:

Sorry. Back to GI Joes.
Dont give up, stay strong. hope things get better for you. I know how you feel.
xTIMMYxCOREx
HULK SMASH!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:42 am

Being 48 I have to say I’ve never had so many health issues and trials in my life as the last few years.

Toys have definitely been my escape to find some happiness. Really glad for the retro style joes in the classified line especially.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:22 am

os189 wrote:

Sorry. Back to GI Joes.
Im 43 and live and buy at the discretion of my wife, because I have mental and physical disabilities that prevent me from working. I understand the feeling of hopelessness. in 2018 I was mugged and it changed my life. Between that and some physical ailments that increase as the years wear on, I feel useless and hard done.

But things change year to year. The world changes and flows. Life goes up, and goes down. But the highs are worth it.
Don't give up mate.

As for Joes; I just bought an Outback off Robot Kingdom, so he should be here next week i think. Looking forward to my favorite Joe of all time! He looks great!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 am

My Crimson Twins are on the way from CMD store, so I cancelled my BBTS preorder.

Also saw a couple Spirit Ironknife and Croc Master at a local Walmart after they did there reset.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:31 pm

The gang is coming along.Image

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kboe1313
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:55 pm

I want the original 13 gang
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:25 pm

O-13 is a big want for me as well. Also, it seems Target collector month is happening again with reveals every week. Joe seems slated for late September. Anyone have any idea what Target will reveal? More PP and TF exclusives? I’m still waiting for my Viper and Bat Python Patrol.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:44 am

The original 13 were never necessarily my favorites, but so far they’ve made for some of the coolest figures. I’m really looking forward to Stalker and Rock N Roll looks great so far too. Think they’ve done a great job of taking the original basic designs and updating them to give them a bit more character and fit in with the rest of the line.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:00 am

Not into the Original 13, my taste is more random.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”