G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:36 pm

So here’s some cool stuff for you all —

Last week at a con I had the pleasure of meeting Sgt Slaughter! He’s the real deal in person, extremely nice and really, really into GI Joe and Action Force.

He actually had a display of most of his action figures, from WWE Elites to really good condition carded Joes from the 80s in protective cases. Even has his brand new WWE MOTU figure on display.

- We talked about Joe, and he mentioned there has been a big shift now at cons — it used to be a bunch of wrestling fans, now it’s mostly people remembering him from GI Joe. At the con, he even had his GI Joe jacket on, and gave me a “Yo Joe!” back when I gave him one.

- He is really into the brands, asking me if I had tickets to the upcoming GI Joe movie re-release, if I had seen the Action Force Sgt Slammer exclusive and his new Hasbro figure. You can tell it’s not just a paycheck for him, he genuinely loves being in these brands, he has a lot of enthusiasm when he talked about this.

- Mentioned to me that Hasbro “re-enlisted” him two years ago, but he wasn’t able to talk about the Joe figure until recently. This is the most interesting tidbit to me, as it shows Hasbro at least had some longer running plans for this line at the start.

Overall, super awesome guy. Hope to meet him again once the Hasbro figure comes out to get him to sign it, sadly all I could get on short notice is a Pop since my Action Force Sarge from Wave 1 is still in BBTS limbo.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:18 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:00 am
I've always found Serpentor to be a bit over the top and corny (I gather that's the point anyway) so I assumed that I'd likely skip whatever figure they made of him but those leaked photos genuinely look pretty cool. I could do for a pet cobra accessory regardless.
I plan on skipping Serpentor for the very same reason, but I've heard a theory that he'll be 2-packed with Sgt. Slaughter. That's really the only way I would wind up with the emperor on my shelf, 'cause I'm definitely getting Sarge!
Vandalorian
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:46 pm

MankindRam wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:29 pm
madflava wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:24 am
zodach wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm
I know we shouldn't expect this, but it would be nice to get an update on the production/delivery of the next few waves. There is still so much that is pending and I would appreciate some updated timelines on when we can expect to see product arriving at retailers. These nebulous 2023/2024 future releases don't get me excited with how bare bones this year has been for Joes.
Today's PR statement and apology shows that Hasbro is worried that the fan frustration with collecting this line in the U.S. is going to hurt them. Honestly, I think GI Joe June has been a complete bust. Without any new product in collector/fans hands in months, how excited can people get over even more pre-orders. Then you have UK/Europe getting figures before the U.S. (Python Patrol, Tiger Force Outback, Tomax, Xamot) that throws even more fuel on the fire of frustration. Just feel like this month's event might have done more harm to brand than good.
Just based off the comments alone…the influencers box is what seems to have sent everyone over the deep end with frustration. I get why they send those out but as someone whose Pulse just randomly was cancelled for my order of SS, Spirit and Croc Master with a “just wait for them to be instock with us or our retail partners.” Only to see those very items be given away free to people kind of irked me. Not enough to insult people but still annoyed me. That coupled with places like BBTS stating those figures have been delayed until September, It sure has been frustrating. Couple that with whatever people have going on in there personal lives…they tend to take it out on there hobbies because they use that to ‘escape’ whatever it is that’s bothering them.
Was this September delay a new ETA as shipments arrived and all preorders taken with that July ETA have been filled? Or is this delay for allll preordered Storm Shadows, etc?
It appears to be across the boards with them, Entertainment Earth.
I had Storm Shadow pre-ordered through GameStop a while back and I think they were the first to move the ETA to September. Big Bad, EE, Dorkside- they all stayed with July. I wonder what has happened...
Vandalorian
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:48 pm

Actually- DS still shows July.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:16 pm

If I actually like the look of Surpentor, I won't buy for Joe, but possibly for Serpent Society.
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
CROM!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm

For what it's worth, my Storm Shadow preorder on Amazon has shown July 5th this entire time, ever since October. I'm really hoping it does arrive next week.

I'm kicking myself for not preordering the Cobra Officer, though. I like it the best of the three Cobra troopers by far.
thewyldman
Customized

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Amazon just charged for Croc Master
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:06 am

Woot Amazon bumped up my Officers, Storm Shadow, Iron-Knife, and Croc to arrive Thursday!
lightsyder
Customized

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:10 am

I get Officers and Croc Master on Thursday but Storm Shadow and Spirit aren't making it till 7/6.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:13 am

My Spirit just now got bumped to Thursday, officers just officially shipped.

My most anticipated figure since the line began, Storm Shadow, still on for 7/6.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:21 am

Has anyone received shipping updates from Dorkside?

I have SS, Spirit, Officer and Croc Master as one order so I’m hoping they all come in soon and not September.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:27 am

Croc Master is the first to officially ship from Amazon, supposed to be here tomorrow. SS/CO/Spirit are still scheduled for Thursday, but haven't shipped. Really happy about Croc Master because I've had Amazon bump up a delivery only to push it out again.
Outside of an actual street date, this feels like a rare event where Pulse, Amazon, BBTS, and DS are shipping almost simultaneously. Off to cancel my GameStop order.
CrumpsBrother
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:38 pm

The entire wave (Croc, Cobra O, Spirit, SS) is landing Wednesday and Thursday from Amazon for me. Apparently I ordered a Cobra Officer from Pulse too, because that has been charged and is shipping as well.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Pulse wants to charge Spirit, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Officer, though seeing as how they estimate my last sale order from them won't ship until a month after I paid for the order, I don't expect these to arrive very soon.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm

Apparently I did have a Cobra Trooper preordered through Pulse & he charged overnight.

Dorkside charged me for Spirit & both of my Storm Shadows. Just waiting for my Cobra Troopers & Croc Master/Fiona sets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”