G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm

I only ever got one Viper, so the troop builder works for me. I do like having variety in the troops even though I know that is counterintuitive to, well, having a uniform, but... toys!

I don't NEED another Lady Jaye, but I never liked the elbows I got on the original (I even bought a second one hoping for less gummy/sloppy plastic in her elbows and got two duds), so I'll try one more and see if this one is better. And while I like the first Gung-Ho we got, I'll always prefer the ridiculously bright original version of him, so I dig this retro figure a lot.

The others are no hesitation buys. Glad to see an alternate Baroness, and Destro's my favorite villain from the series of course I'm in for him.

Stalker is my #1 want for the series right now, so I'm super psyched to see the official render. Same with the Twins, who are like my #2 and 2.5 wants.

Unrelated, I'm wondering if I should start stalking Gamestop for Spirit and Storm Shadow since I've still got a July release date on my preorder elsewhere...
CO_Alex
CROM!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:36 pm

It was great to see three new figures. I don’t mind the repaints/reissues with slight variations since I never feel like they are a must have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:41 pm

docsilence wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm
I don't NEED another Lady Jaye, but I never liked the elbows I got on the original (I even bought a second one hoping for less gummy/sloppy plastic in her elbows and got two duds), so I'll try one more and see if this one is better.
Fairly sure this is just a straight recolor. Lady Jaye was the only miss for me, everything else is an instant buy.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:43 pm

Bit of a dick move to re-release the original gung ho though.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm

I don’t have her in front of me, but how different is this new Baroness from the COIL one? I thought she was already pretty classic.

I’m in for all the new stuff. The Twins look great, even Stalker who I wasn’t necessarily jumping for. I’ll def get Gung Ho. Probably not anyone else. I’ll have to see what Jaye looks like in production.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:47 pm

These are a ways out for pre-order, right? Gotta run an errand and don't want to leave the office if they're going online today. Sounds like this was a straight preview day, yeah?
useasneeded4pain
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm

docsilence wrote:
These are a ways out for pre-order, right? Gotta run an errand and don't want to leave the office if they're going online today. Sounds like this was a straight preview day, yeah?
Correct, pre-orders ain't happening today. They made it sound like pre-orders will happen closer to when they have physical products in-hand to show.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:49 pm

This was actually a pretty cool presentation when you break it all down.

They don’t actually have a lot ready to show but yet they still wanted to get some news out there for G.I. Joe.

There doesn’t need to be preorders, there doesn’t need to be actual figure prototypes. This is a great way to get the news out there and get people excited about what is to come.

They are being as transparent as they possibly can. They are excited about what they are doing and that excitement is infectious.

It left me excited, it left me happy with what was shown and it left me wanting more. I think they did an amazing job today.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:50 pm

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:48 pm
docsilence wrote:
Correct, pre-orders ain't happening today. They made it sound like pre-orders will happen closer to when they have physical products in-hand to show.
Awesome. Thanks! Actually kinda relieved this was just a preview instead of a same day preorder. (Nothing like feeling compelled to plan my work day around preordering toys, right?)
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm
I don’t have her in front of me, but how different is this new Baroness from the COIL one? I thought she was already pretty classic.

I’m in for all the new stuff. The Twins look great, even Stalker who I wasn’t necessarily jumping for. I’ll def get Gung Ho. Probably not anyone else. I’ll have to see what Jaye looks like in production.
This new one doesn’t have the grey paint, it’s all black and the armour as a gloss to it.

They also repainted her face.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Loved the o-ring stuff!

Loved the more Sunbow deco on Gung Ho and the rest.

Vipers!!!!!!!!!!

Stalker’s camo is kinda dark but that lets them do a classic light green and olive done the road.
Still, new classic army body that’s an easy retool into most of the original Joes, and later ones like Footloose or Lt Falcon.

Needless to say I’m all in.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Threash wrote:
Huh? Dick move to who? People who bought the first Gung-Ho? To Vala, who is making accessories to replace a character he doesn't have the rights to?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm
Stalker’s camo is kinda dark but that lets them do a classic light green and olive done the road.
Still, new classic army body that’s an easy retool into most of the original Joes, and later ones like Footloose or Lt Falcon.
Lenny mentioning the new classic body for Stalker is good news. Shows they're planning other original team members.
Darthgaar
Customized

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:58 pm
Threash wrote:
Huh? Dick move to who? People who bought the first Gung-Ho? To Vala, who is making accessories to replace a character he doesn't have the rights to?
Dick move to people who bought a set or case with the Alley Viper, BAT, & reissue Gung-Ho wave I guess.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm

I’m happy that I can get the brighter Gung Ho with the multi-point hat.

I am intrigued by all of this. Renders are cool. Plastic is best. I could potentially buy all of these. Depends on how easy the retro ones are to get and how they look. Sunbow colors is tempting.

I was kind of hoping for the blue Baroness but the black is probably preferred for those who skipped COIL.

Too bad no renders of more vehicles…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”