G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
kboe1313
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:30 am

PP Viper and Bat have been up on Target for preorder last hour
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:23 am

Thanks for posting - grabbed a couple Bats. They seem to be going in and out of stock.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:46 am

Are the BATs one per customer? I don’t understand how people get around those.

Seeing the BATs on Instagram has been getting me more hype.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 am

Prophet924 wrote:Are the BATs one per customer? I don’t understand how people get around those.

Seeing the BATs on Instagram has been getting me more hype.

Thwipp!

No I think they were limit 2 on the pre orders.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:19 am

They’ve been going up for preorder sporadically for the last few days. I think there is at least a 24 hour limit per item. They went up twice for me today and I could only keep the first order while the second was canceled. I made preorders a few days ago and was able to keep both preorders because there was at least a 24 hour gap between them.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 am

Yeah, I ordered one when they originally went up last month not knowing you could order 2 in the same order (but not two orders of 1, stupid Target), so I grabbed the two today. I don't know what the time frame is for the limit enforcement.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:29 pm

I bought an extra couple I guess we’ll see how this goes.

Thwipp!

nickvig
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:56 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:Yeah, I ordered one when they originally went up last month not knowing you could order 2 in the same order (but not two orders of 1, stupid Target), so I grabbed the two today. I don't know what the time frame is for the limit enforcement.
This was going on with barbecue, firefly, and Beachhead. I'd order one and then a few days later or would let me order another. I think I ended up with four of each. Great Christmas presents for my nephews.
kltpzyxm
Super Poseable

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:29 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:07 am
I don’t want Cobra Commander getting saddled with a Cobra-La back history. Nope nope nope. “Used car salesman not snake man” is my “trukk not munkey” cause.
That said: Cobra-La figures were awesome back in the day and would be even more awesome now. I frigging LOVED those things: they were my entry point to learning to love the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft, seriously. I feel like Classified Cobra-La would be incredible. Nemesis Enforcer with interchangeable big-ass wings and Cthulhu tentacles!! Come on!! I need a legion of creepy guards with organic-y scimitars and big cloaks!
I also do not want Cobra to be derived from Cobra-La. I didn't really like it at the time. However, I now appreciate H.P. Lovecraft and could see the Cobra-La concept introduced as a standalone faction.

Modern take on G.I. Joe issue #2. In 2026 incredible life-saving therapies similar to gene editing technology CRISPR is developed by joint Russian-American research into something found in the formerly frozen Arctic area. When something happen at the remote lab station Joes are dispatched and find dead Spetsnaz and scientists.

A Cobra Snow serpent team infiltrated the facility and made off with the "Golobulus spores." So, Cobra use the Lovecraftian/John Carpenter material from the thawing arctic to make Cobra-La type things that go awry and evolve into their own faction hostile to all humanity.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:08 am

Did we ever get an official release date for the OG BAT and Alley Vipers or we're still operating with the rumored 12/22 thing mentioned previously?
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:08 am
Did we ever get an official release date for the OG BAT and Alley Vipers or we're still operating with the rumored 12/22 thing mentioned previously?
I thought that rumor was an error and that 12/22 is the apparent street date for the Python Patrol figures.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:22 am

May have been. Some of us cling too tightly to hope and end up choking it out. Had also heard a rumor that OG Storm Shadow was coming in Feb. too, which is quite a jump from July.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:40 am

That July date seems too far off. Seems to reinforce the line is just too slow to roll out. Hoping normal BATS, Alley Vipers, SS, and Spirit are all going to hit first quarter of 2022.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:51 am

How far off can they be when Walmart has already received some stock and shipped it out to folks?
m22xsupersteel
Customized

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:12 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:22 am
May have been. Some of us cling too tightly to hope and end up choking it out. Had also heard a rumor that OG Storm Shadow was coming in Feb. too, which is quite a jump from July.
I don’t think the release dates have changed anywhere else but Game Stop lists Storm Shadow and Spirit as February 2022 but Cobra Officer is still listed as July 2022 so...

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”