G.I. Joe Classified Series

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:06 am

liking the NY Mets - Alley vipers
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 am

Longbowhunter wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:00 am
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 am
Speaking of Cobra Officers...

Originally, I was planning on repainting the symbol on my 3 CI Cobra Troopers Silver, and using those as my Cobra Officers, with my 9 mainline Cobra Infantry w/ armor cut off of their chest rigs as the actual Cobra Troopers proper that they were commanding, like so:

but with an actual even more proper Cobra Officer coming.... what should I do with my 3 Cobra Island Troopers? What should they become now? Lower-tier Officers, like the proper Officers are lieutenants and the CI Troopers are sergeants? Some kind of slightly-special forces? Should I repaint their symbols a different color to represent whatever I redub them as, or leave them as is?
I mean…its your OCD so do what makes YOU happy with ‘em but I plan to mix and match on the shelf. I dont know enough about the different levels of Cobra Officer to be offended by one looking different than the others-I have 80 billion Black Series Stormtroopers all chilling together on the same shelf so why not Cobra goons?
I don't know anything about different levels of Cobra goon ranks either frankly other than there's Trooper and then there's Officer, I just know that I now want the actual Officer to be "Officer", and want there to be some reason/justification for the CI guys looking different from the mainline guys.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 am

So excited for the Cobra Officer and BAT. I'd already pre-ordered the entire wave with Spirit and Storm Shadow before the third figure was revealed, so I didn't even need to grab one today. I wish I had just one Cobra Island trooper, so that I could have a "Bad Batch" little group and use the CI version as the team sniper with the goggles.

The Alley Viper looks cool, but I never had it as a kid and don't have a lot of attachment to those guys. I'm sure it will win me over once its released, but as of now it's in the "it wold be neat to have, but I don't NEED it" category.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:17 am

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Longbowhunter wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 am
Speaking of Cobra Officers...

Originally, I was planning on repainting the symbol on my 3 CI Cobra Troopers Silver, and using those as my Cobra Officers, with my 9 mainline Cobra Infantry w/ armor cut off of their chest rigs as the actual Cobra Troopers proper that they were commanding, like so:

but with an actual even more proper Cobra Officer coming.... what should I do with my 3 Cobra Island Troopers? What should they become now? Lower-tier Officers, like the proper Officers are lieutenants and the CI Troopers are sergeants? Some kind of slightly-special forces? Should I repaint their symbols a different color to represent whatever I redub them as, or leave them as is?
I mean…its your OCD so do what makes YOU happy with ‘em but I plan to mix and match on the shelf. I dont know enough about the different levels of Cobra Officer to be offended by one looking different than the others-I have 80 billion Black Series Stormtroopers all chilling together on the same shelf so why not Cobra goons?
I don't know anything about different levels of Cobra goon ranks either frankly other than there's Trooper and then there's Officer, I just know that I now want the actual Officer to be "Officer", and want there to be some reason/justification for the CI guys looking different from the mainline guys.
Warrant Officer? They are below regular officers. But what color of the emblem?

Or Field Grade Officers. With Gold for the emblem.
Jeddostotle7
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:31 am

Fly4v wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:17 am
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Longbowhunter wrote:

Warrant Officer? They are below regular officers. But what color of the emblem?

Or Field Grade Officers. With Gold for the emblem.
Mm, gold emblems is a good idea; if I don't use it for these guys I'm definitely pocketing it for later.

Another idea I'm having is like, what if these are the guys who use platoon- or company-served weapons like GPMGs, mortars, anti-tank weapons? Rather than normal basic-squad-level grunts which is I think mainly dudes with rifles and one guy with a SAW or DMR.

(Mainly important because I'm planning on outfitting these guys with proper weapons too (Little Armory, etc.), and am thinking of things like of what to give each guy.)
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:46 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:15 am
So excited for the Cobra Officer and BAT. I'd already pre-ordered the entire wave with Spirit and Storm Shadow before the third figure was revealed, so I didn't even need to grab one today. I wish I had just one Cobra Island trooper, so that I could have a "Bad Batch" little group and use the CI version as the team sniper with the goggles.

The Alley Viper looks cool, but I never had it as a kid and don't have a lot of attachment to those guys. I'm sure it will win me over once its released, but as of now it's in the "it wold be neat to have, but I don't NEED it" category.
The Bad Batch idea is pretty good. I have a solitary Trooper so I might do something like that.
1 Trooper
1 Infantry
1 Officer
1 Officer w/ Infantry webgear
1 Infantry w/ Officer webgear

"The Fang" is ready to go....
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:23 am

Emily from the marketing team registered an account at Hiss Tank and dropped in to post a couple of bits of info;
Hi everyone! Emily from the GI Joe marketing team here - happy to confirm a couple of things:

- Wave 1 for 2022 is Storm Shadow, Spirit, and Cobra Officer, so if you're ordering a full case pack these are the figures you should expect.
- Both the B.A.T. and Alley Viper were reveals only this week. We're hoping to get them to you as soon as possible, but we appreciate your patience! Stay tuned for more info on them coming soon

Thank you all for watching our PulseCon + 1027 panels this week and all of your comments - YO JOE!
You bet! Excited to be part of the G.I. JOE community - we have lots more great things planned for 2022 and beyond!
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 pm

The Alley Viper isn't striking a chord with me the way most everything else is. I think a big part of it is the colors - I don't mind the garish color scheme per se, but the colors on the figure they showed are flat and dull which works against the design maybe? The Classified promo art for Alley Vipers had me interested in these guys but the figure shown just isn't doing it for me. The sculpt looks fantastic just like the rest though!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:46 pm

aceofknaves wrote:So I’m looking at Croc Master and Fiona, thinking about how amazing that set and the commando Snake-Eyes/Timber set are, and I’m really hoping they keep this “deluxe” set theme going and expand it. Obviously there are more animal-sidekick sets to do (Mutt/Junkyard, Gnawgahyde/Razorback, Law/Order etc) but I also hope they will consider sets for characters with major gear/backpack rigs, such as:
T.A.R.G.A.T.
Annihilators
Heavy Duty
Fast-Draw
Clean-Sweep
Astro-Viper
Star-Duster w/ JUMP
General Hawk w/ flight pack
Cobra Air Trooper (or perhaps Wild Weasel) w/ CLAW

So many possibilities for this line!
Great idea! These were some of my favorites back in the day! They all need a lot of gear, so the deluxe treatment makes sense for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Wish they would've dropped the figure just a few hours earlier so I could've gotten free shipping from EE. Oh, well.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:37 pm

Love Alley Viper! They are one of my favorite troopers, so I was really anticipating them coming to this line. No disappointment—the classified Alley Viper looks fantastic!

Hasbro is really hitting my favorites in quick succession— BATs, Python Patrol, and Alley Vipers. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:06 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 am
As for the Alley Vipers, are these some sort of riot control or urban shock troops. The colors seem questionable for a tactical purpose and I don't know the purpose of the flip down visors (I assume nightvision / thermal?) and shields.
Yep; Alley Vipers are supposedly "Urban Assault Troopers." Their file card basically described them as heavily armored SWAT troopers whose purpose is to create chaos and act as the spearhead for assaults. The colors are never officially justified, but I think that it's pretty commonly accepted that their goal isn't to be subtle, and that their bright colors are intended to draw fire away from their less armored cohorts; the visors are supposed to be further armor and supposedly contains a HUD with various visual enhancements like NV and Thermal, and the shields are even more armor and double as a weapon.

They're basically reverse SWAT guys; super heavily armored, kicking down doors, and creating havoc in urban environments. If Cobra needs someone to go bust up an office building under heavy guard, these are they guys that are knocking on the door first.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:08 am
Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:40 am
Chooch wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am
I appreciate that they included the banana clip gun.
It appears to be an AK-47. So maybe this line is going to start having real-world guns instead of the Nerf-based ones.
I've been noticing the switch to realistic weaponry since deluxe Snake Eyes and Timber. Gotta give credit to the GI Joe team, they really do listen to the fans.
The very first figure, deluxe snake eyes from Pulse had a realistic pistol and uzi. They went with the nerf guns after that.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm

"Wave 1 for 2022 is Storm Shadow, Spirit, and Cobra Officer" - Emily from GI Joe marketing team

I sure as hell hope that means they get out before July!! I know, I know...global shipping supply crisis and all that, but July seems soooo far away.

I know the situation was different this year, but we had Firefly and Viper in hand by January. (If you paid the scalpers that is.)

That Storm Shadow figure fills me with an anticipation I didn't think I was still capable of feeling in my 40s. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I only remember a handful of toys I wanted so bad it was almost a distraction. I honestly think the last time I was this excited was that amazing, perfect 3 3/4 Storm Shadow from the Renegades line back in 2011 or so.

At any rate, it's nice to "feel" anything at all again....movies, TV, music, comic books and everything else may as well be dead to me...it's all just garbage these days. I'm glad every now and then a toy can still manage to ignite that spark inside me that reduces me to an impatient 8 year old that just wants that damn toy SOOOO damn bad.....
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:06 pm

I'm guessing Hasbro is sandbagging a bit on the delivery dates with the current shipping issues and port backups. Just look at the Marvel Legends Fantastic Four wave that Hasbro Pulse lists as coming March 1 and they are hitting retailers now, more than 4 months earlier than expected.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”