G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

YO JOE! Whether it's the 6-inch Classified Series or 3.75 from various years, let's talk G.I.Joe!
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Spirit, Storm Shadow & Cobra Officer Wave

Wed May 18, 2022 3:40 pm

I got them in from Robot Kingdom and they're INCREDIBLY cool! All three are a blast, though I must admit Spirit is my favorite. I dont know if he is objectively the BEST of the three, but he's the one i like best.

That said; Stormshadow is VERY cool too.

And the Cobra Officer comes with a tone of weapons.

I dunno, look the toys rock, ok?
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:38 pm

I've been coveting the Storm Shadow since it was unveiled last year. I honestly thought it was perfect.

Now that people are getting it in hand (not me of course) I actually think the arm guards are a bit much. So even though I'm absolutely still buying the regular version, it means there's no way I can skip the "retro" version cause I think it's gonna look just that much better. I really hope it's not horribly difficult to obtain.

Between Storm Shadow and the Crimson Guard, I think they've achieved perfection. I'm gonna lose my mind when I finally get that CG in hand.

But don't worry Articulated Icons "White Ninja"....since I actually put the Arashikage water slide decal on your arm perfectly and sealed it with the proper chemicals, there's always gonna be a place for you in my collection.

But for real.....how freaking cool is the Classified Storm Shadow? I haven't been this pumped for a Storm Shadow figure since the Retaliation/Renegades version in 2011, that to this day is still the standard-bearer for the 4 inch line.

Wonder if they'll possibly do the 1988 version, too??
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 4:22 pm

I was so excited when I saw that Dorkside was able to send sets of these guys out months ago. I thought their full allotment was imminent. Guess not. I do hope the wait isn't too much longer.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 4:03 pm

So was I when GameStop was sending them out a while ago, yet my Storm Shadow still sits in preorder purgatory.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 4:07 pm

My set from RobotKingdom has been stuck in Chicago either customs or lost since May 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 29, 2022 6:11 pm

Saw this on Hisstank earlier today. Hadn't really thought too much about the state of things and I think all the preorders kind of confuse things anyway.

"My son goes to Summer Camp next week. On the day we dropped him off last year, Heavy Artillery Roadblock was revealed and put up for order. Since that time we have only gotten five other figures: Breaker, Barbecue, Deluxe Zartan, BAT, and Alley Viper. One year. Five figures." — captain mal

Obviously he's talking new figures —Four exclusives (counting RB) and two hard-to-find regular releases. And I don't think you can count the Spirit wave in this. My preorders haven't moved and I haven't seen a sign of them in local stores.

As much as I love this line, I don't know if I'm mad about this or anything — there's a lot of other stuff to buy out there, and we know there's a bunch of great stuff on the horizon — but it is pretty crazy when you think about it.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 6:36 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:11 pm
Saw this on Hisstank earlier today. Hadn't really thought too much about the state of things and I think all the preorders kind of confuse things anyway.

"My son goes to Summer Camp next week. On the day we dropped him off last year, Heavy Artillery Roadblock was revealed and put up for order. Since that time we have only gotten five other figures: Breaker, Barbecue, Deluxe Zartan, BAT, and Alley Viper. One year. Five figures." — captain mal

Obviously he's talking new figures —Four exclusives (counting RB) and two hard-to-find regular releases. And I don't think you can count the Spirit wave in this. My preorders haven't moved and I haven't seen a sign of them in local stores.

As much as I love this line, I don't know if I'm mad about this or anything — there's a lot of other stuff to buy out there, and we know there's a bunch of great stuff on the horizon — but it is pretty crazy when you think about it.
Yeah it's pretty bad when you have more toys preordered for the next year than you've been able to physically buy in the past year. I keep losing track of which upcoming figure is in which wave. Hopefully wave 8 (Spirit, SS, Officer) is released in droves and makes it's way to retail because it's a fantastic wave. A real 10/10 wave, as far as these small Classified waves go. Odds are it'll be the same ol' thing where a few states get case after case while the rest of us can only find Origins Storm Shadow and friends. Nothing makes a line feel alive like dust-collecting toys made three years ago still sitting at full price on the shelf. I keep buying toys from Mattel, MGAE, Spin Masters, McF, etc...just to get my plastic kick. Hasbro is constantly missing out by not having product available.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:18 pm

Today is exactly four weeks since I got these guys. Nobody else has fulfilled a preorder. That is all.
nilocomic
Customized

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:48 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Today is exactly four weeks since I got these guys. Nobody else has fulfilled a preorder. That is all.
Where did you get yours from?
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:27 pm

It's been a really dry spell and I have to wonder what Hasbro has been thinking or doing with production on the Joe Classified line. With the Cobra Island figures getting another release through BBTS, Dorkside, etc. it seems like they way overshot production on the second or third batch of those and should have just moved on to the regular line. It feels a bit like Hot Toys where I'm just collecting preorders with no releases in sight. I have an order for Spirit, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Officer at Gamestop that is now 7 months old. Since then I have only received the Alley Viper and BAT, nothing else. Two figures in more than 7 months is terrible and I don't know how they are going to create waves of five figures if this keeps up.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:31 pm

nilocomic wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:48 pm
mrboshek wrote:
Where did you get yours from?
CMD. The U.S. is the worst place to order your GI Joes :wink: .

I was thinking about the recent situation with Target's problem with too much inventory. They plan on cutting orders of mostly clothes and home goods, but I can see them extending to toys. What if a lot these figures are in limbo and have to get resold and redistributed to other stores. Why are PP and TF figures taking so long to reach the U.S.? I would not be surprised if a huge amount of preorders are canceled and we end up buying from Dorkside or BBTS.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:12 pm

zodach wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:27 pm
It's been a really dry spell and I have to wonder what Hasbro has been thinking or doing with production on the Joe Classified line. With the Cobra Island figures getting another release through BBTS, Dorkside, etc. it seems like they way overshot production on the second or third batch of those and should have just moved on to the regular line. It feels a bit like Hot Toys where I'm just collecting preorders with no releases in sight. I have an order for Spirit, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Officer at Gamestop that is now 7 months old. Since then I have only received the Alley Viper and BAT, nothing else. Two figures in more than 7 months is terrible and I don't know how they are going to create waves of five figures if this keeps up.
They way overshot demand for that first classified CI line especially any figure that wasn't a Cobra Trooper. No one is troop building Beachhead or Baroness. But for the collectors who insist on having multiples, here's your chance. Too bad those same buyers are now suddenly gun shy because they can't flip them for an exorbitant amount to subsidize their collection.
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:34 am

Emily explained that their plan is to hold all their figures until they have enough for all their store orders. I'm not sure why because it seems to me like *some* people getting their orders is better than no people, but I've no special insight.

Maybe stores complained about getting stuck with product because their customers are buying online from early receivers. I dunno.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:58 am

Pulse charged me for my Shadow and Spirit order.

Time to join the cool kids.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:43 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:58 am

Time to join the cool kids.
Not so fast, you have to go thru Initiation first.

Return to “The Pit: The Unofficial G.I.Joe Board”

Recent Topics