The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Loyal Subjects: TMNT BST AXN and Action Vinyl Series

Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:56 pm

Welp, long since passed the lone Raph & Mikey at a Walmart an hour away I rarely go near (didn't have the money to grab them), but BBTS started getting some in!

Except for limited neck movement (I need to pop the heads off & carve some space to take advantage of the ball joint) & poorly designed ankles (the pegs go straight down, so there is ZERO tilt), they're pretty great! I'd have double the amount & think they were even better if they cost less. They're good $15 figures, not $20.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Damn do these look bad imo, especially the blue turtles. You can’t just repaint your comic turtles and call them Mirage, the styles are too different.

I will give credit that the packaging is great.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:42 pm

I quite like the foot elite, looks absolutely great. The foot soldiers too.

They could have done similar with the turtles at least... Given them new heads and belts, no new parts needed outside that. I doubt that would have been too hard or costly, especially given how many "mirage turtles" there have been.

Also, there's some pictures on google of a bst axn mirage casey, with preorders on some sites? Is that real or fake? Never saw talk of it on here.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:20 pm

Frustrating seeing redecos of this line, more and more exclusives and I've still yet to see a single figure in stores. Really screwed the pooch with the whole "easily available" thing that was one of the draws.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:20 pm
Frustrating seeing redecos of this line, more and more exclusives and I've still yet to see a single figure in stores. Really screwed the pooch with the whole "easily available" thing that was one of the draws.
Well it's basically a Wal-Mart exclusive line, so that alone pretty much means you'll never see them in person.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:42 pm

My son got Shredder the other day as he's loving the new Turtles game so that has him on a whole Turtles kick. We've never seen these locally, but Shredder was 26 bucks or something on Amazon - which seems to be the going rate for this line in Canada anyway.

What a pile of trash. For a price comparable with a Marvel Legends, McFarlane, or wrestling figures.. this thing is SO much lower in quality. It manages to be both poorly designed, flimsy, and feels super breakable all at once. Really disappointing. Of course, my son still wants to get Casey when that comes out (it's currently his favorite character). But damn if I really don't want to spend 30 dollars on another one of these.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:57 pm

KnightDamien wrote:My son got Shredder the other day as he's loving the new Turtles game so that has him on a whole Turtles kick. We've never seen these locally, but Shredder was 26 bucks or something on Amazon - which seems to be the going rate for this line in Canada anyway.

What a pile of trash. For a price comparable with a Marvel Legends, McFarlane, or wrestling figures.. this thing is SO much lower in quality. It manages to be both poorly designed, flimsy, and feels super breakable all at once. Really disappointing. Of course, my son still wants to get Casey when that comes out (it's currently his favorite character). But damn if I really don't want to spend 30 dollars on another one of these.
They’re pretty awful, especially for the price. The turtles themselves are just wonky and sort of disproportionate. TLS probably shouldn’t have tried to do articulation they aren’t capable of, because the way these (and BST AXN in general) look is like slightly worse than early SA Toybiz. Swivel hinge joints would have looked better and felt more solid. As it is, these definitely don’t hit the mark for collectors and I can’t imagine too many casuals picking up generally ugly action figures, regardless of license.

That said, the Avatar stuff is pretty okay.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:27 pm

The Walmart I work at got in at least 6 each of Shredder and the Foot figures. I might grab Shredder and 2 Foot just to display with the turtles, but I don't need more repaints of the brothers themselves.

Still haven't seen Casey in store anywhere local.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:41 pm

My local Walmart electronics section never has any new figures. There are 4 NECA Ash still hanging on the pegs, wrapped together with a security spider, and there are numerous Funko and Banpresto plastic statues taking up space and not selling. I know they get the same stuff as other stores, but unfortunately this Walmart has flippers working in the electronics section. There's this one cock-eyed, sweaty lump of trailer trash that works there that makes sure nothing gets on the pegs. Her section was always packed with fig swapped toys that she obviously took the return on until I started loudly complaining about bath toys in Marvel Legends boxes, now I never see swaps there, but every time I walk into electronics she is there giving me, and the wall to my left, the evil eye and following me around the section.

I figure life has obviously punished this person enough, but it still peeves me off that all it takes is one crappy employee for everyone in the area to be unable to find the product they would like to buy.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 am

The arcade colors 4 pack is hitting Walmarts now.

The store I work at got in 6 of them.

ImageFoot soldiers by lionpride75, on Flickr

ImageFoot soldiers by lionpride75, on Flickr
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:46 pm

Sorry for the sh***y pic, it was late at night, and it's back in a corner far from all my lamps (and I don't like using camera flashes, they look crappy).

Found the Turtles, Shredder, and one Foot at my local Walmart. There was only one of each of the villains, but two of the Turtles, so I was able to pick the least crappy eye printing, which isn't saying much, lol. *sigh*

Also...my BBTS Foot all have vertical ankle pegs, allowing only swivel, but every single Walmart figure I got have diagonal ankle pegs, allowing beautiful tilt. Makes me a little salty my BBTS Foots' feet suck. Especially since WM's were all $2.11 cheaper. Plus, that mask issue with the Turtles makes me super hesitant to get the remaining two (one being my favorite) sight unseen...

Also, Shredder is pretty great. If he had fists & was half the price, he'd be phenomenal.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:33 pm

Shredder is a surprisingly good figure, and if he was just a little cheaper, he'd be almost perfect for the scale.

I have a couple ideas for photo gags with him & the 2 Foot I grabbed, and I like them enough that I might grab a third Foot to even the odds against the turtles.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:52 pm

Oh, and that's not perspective trickery. The Turtles are bigger than the bad guys.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:36 pm

How do other lines' turtles stack up against the foot soldiers? Specifically thinking about the 2012 playmates turtles and the mirage turtles from the same line. They might make good stand-ins once all the Mirage figures start coming out!
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 pm

Jead wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:36 pm
How do other lines' turtles stack up against the foot soldiers? Specifically thinking about the 2012 playmates turtles and the mirage turtles from the same line. They might make good stand-ins once all the Mirage figures start coming out!
I have a set of the 2012 Playmates turtles in a case, so I just held a Foot Ninja up to them, and they look slightly taller but MUCH thinner than the turtles themselves. Same for Shredder.
The humans in this line are small, regardless of the property.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”