Hasbro: TMNT MMPR Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro MMPR TMNT

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:37 am

For a quick breakdown of the crossover:

MMPR's Tommy heads to New York in search of a missing classmate and joins The Foot as cover, but ends up crossing paths with and losing his green ranger powers to Shredder thanks to an alliance between him and Rita Repulsa. The other Power Rangers track Tommy's whereabouts to NYC where they meet the turtles. Cue team-up, the turtles and April using the MMPR morphers to fight Shredder while the Rangers get training from Splinter and Casey Jones to better defend themselves unmorphed, Metalhead Megazord vs Giant Bebop and Rocksteady, etc, etc.

It's a good time. I'm all-in for whatever they make of this crossover. I'm content with my toon turtle display but these are off-shoots I'm not saying no to.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:49 am

weizie wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:12 pm
Im assuming the upcoming movie. Kinda how tmnt/batman did

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
Wait, hold on; what's this about a movie? This is the first that I've heard that they were making a movie based on the crossover. Is there a link or anything that I can find out about it?
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:59 am

knightmare10880 wrote:
weizie wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:12 pm
Im assuming the upcoming movie. Kinda how tmnt/batman did

Wait, hold on; what's this about a movie? This is the first that I've heard that they were making a movie based on the crossover. Is there a link or anything that I can find out about it?
I read about it a couple weeks ago, in a leak, it mentioned there would be figures too. I figured it was bs, but now these listings make me think otherwise. So a movie seems like it might be coming too.

Would make sense, if the movie is coming, that the figures would be based off that. The comics aren't "new" or in the top op pop culture news. So figures based on it would be late. But a movie, like the tmnt/batman movie, would sell them.

knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:48 am

Thank you for that information Weizie and I agree that makes a lot of sense for them to be doing toys especially if they have a movie as more people would see the movie being advertised then know about the original comicbook mini-series. Although I'm still trying to figure out how/why they only have three 2-packs listed instead of five. It makes me wonder could we see to sets of releases? Probably not, but you never know.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 am

knightmare10880 wrote:Thank you for that information Weizie and I agree that makes a lot of sense for them to be doing toys especially if they have a movie as more people would see the movie being advertised then know about the original comicbook mini-series. Although I'm still trying to figure out how/why they only have three 2-packs listed instead of five. It makes me wonder could we see to sets of releases? Probably not, but you never know.
Yeah, you'd think they woud get the 5 rangers... 4 ranger/turtle sets and 1 shredder/??? Set

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:24 am

The 3 packs are probably 2 sets of turtles and then like Tommy and Pink Ranger April or something.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 am

If the Turtles as Rangers are based on designs similar to those from the comic then they should need one body mold and then four to eight individual head sculpts if they do both helmeted and unhelmeted heads. April as the Pink Ranger could just use the current figure with an April head sculpt.

I'm wondering if this could lead to Hasbro taking over the TMNT license over all, I know it seems like a long shot considering how long Playmates has had the TMNT license. However look at how long Bandai America had the Rangers license before loosing it to Hasbro.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:40 pm

Bandai didn’t lose the license to Hasbro, Hasbro bought Power Rangers from Saban and obviously had no use for a toy license with another company. It will be interesting to see if Hasbro wants to add another likely expensive license to its portfolio that one could argue it doesn’t need, but it could open the door for more collaboration down the road. And that’s assuming these sell. If they end up heavily discounted like the Batman/TMNT two-packs then they could easily be one and done. We know retro TMNT stuff by NECA and Super7 sells well, the jury is still out on the other stuff though.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 pm

I heard those Batman/TMNT figures kinda sucked, so that's probably why those did not sell. If these don't suck, they should sell well, even to casual fans who didn't read the comics but have nostalgia for both properties.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:03 pm

citysushi wrote:I heard those Batman/TMNT figures kinda sucked, so that's probably why those did not sell. If these don't suck, they should sell well, even to casual fans who didn't read the comics but have nostalgia for both properties.
The tmnt/batman sets far from sucked. The biggest complaint i saw from people was the design

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Every thing I heard about the Batman and turtle sets were issues there articulation stunk and characters like Alfred and Robin had weak knees
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:28 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:Every thing I heard about the Batman and turtle sets were issues there articulation stunk and characters like Alfred and Robin had weak knees
Couldnt tell ya about robin or alfred, as they were tossed in the random box. No need for them. I honestly dont have a issue with the articulation, as it was from DCdirect. So it was good, for them. I personally feel people are turtled out. Figure, we have 4 different version from neca and now super7. Between those, there is essentially something for everyone. But, turtle designs that are different, like the batman sets, the Ghostbusters sets, wwe set, dont sell as well because the designs aren't hitting the "nostalgia" for the turtles as the NECA/super7 figures do. I could be wrong, but thats what i feel is going on.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:56 pm

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:22 pm
Every thing I heard about the Batman and turtle sets were issues there articulation stunk and characters like Alfred and Robin had weak knees
I think it was Pixel Dan who broke a sai in one of his reviews. I never bought any myself as I just didn’t like the art design. And as someone who doesn’t collect Batman I definitely had no interest in those figures. I never had much affection for DC Direct though so it certainly wouldn’t shock me to hear the figures were nothing special.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Nah those figures were great. But you would have to like the designs and/or the movie to want them. I had to replace the robin set because of a broken knee joint. Some of them are frail feeling but look at the movie designs...robin is so tiny. Batgirl and Alfred are sticks too. Nothing wrong with the turtles. I do the turtle multiverse thing so I just have a general scale and articulation amount needed to make the shelf. Sculpt and quality are factors too. Won’t be getting any playmates. I think the DC turtle designs are actually my favorite. I love animated styles the best and they did a great job making each character look unique. The Batman figure is cool too.
knightmare10880
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:31 am

I love the DCDirect Turtle figures, they are now the version of the TMNT that are on display in my main Turtles display do they have some issues, sure but they are over all really well made figures and I love having the entire set of them.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”