NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
User avatar
WildBill
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:51 pm
WildBill wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:42 pm
So, I just rolled my eyes at the AutoT thing and thought I read that there was an option to go to the AutoT website to get/buy into the NFT or just get the figure straight from Walmart. Knowing how fast these things sellout I saw the price basically being what I thought they were on BBTS and jumped on it without thinking to need to even look for some sort of fine print.

My question now is, did I buy the figure from Walmart and am now going to get a code for an NFT to be stored in a digital locker at this AutoT site or do I have to cancel my preorder because actually getting it would be playing into this NFT nonsense?
According to the fine print on the listing, you should get a code via email for the figure you purchased on Walmart's website. You take that code to the AutoT website and enter it which adds the figure to your digital "vault." At that point, you can tell the AutoT website to ship it. It says it could take up to 48 hours for the code to be sent.

And for those who missed out but still want these figures, kiosks are supposed to start appearing in stores on the 15th and you can basically buy a code there. No idea if you'll even be able to tell if your store has or is getting a kiosk nor do I know where they'll put it.
Oh, I have some suggestions on where they can put it... haha
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Psychography wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:07 pm
It’s because there was a brief NFT hype. The hype started, companies thought this was the next big thing, meetings were held, systems were developed, and now by the time this finally rolls out, the world has sobered up and realized how pointless it all is. BUT, they threw an untold fortune into developing the system, so something had to be sold. We can probably expect at least the Casey and Fugitoid to be sold like this, and then it will quietly go back to the garbage can from whence it came.
Several months ago I felt like I was getting bombarded with NFT stories, then it suddenly stopped. I hadn't seen the letters NFT for a while until the Starting Line Up announcement.
User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 9329
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:27 pm

This all just made me pass on 3 figures I would have bought. I don’t even care about renet having no familiarity with the character but I would have gotten her for completion sake and the blue was more appealing than the red for classic accuracy. I was down for the B&W figures too since I have the turtles to go with. But it just isn’t worth it. The price is higher, have to jump through extra hoops to get it. Do we even know if once are able to ship the actual figure if there’s an additional shipping charge? That will certainly kill this. Sucks. I prefer red Casey so that’s the one that will really sting not getting. Kinda hoping they held him back from the release in case this didn’t work out like they hoped knowing he’d be the most wanted.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:27 pm
This all just made me pass on 3 figures I would have bought. I don’t even care about renet having no familiarity with the character but I would have gotten her for completion sake and the blue was more appealing than the red for classic accuracy. I was down for the B&W figures too since I have the turtles to go with. But it just isn’t worth it. The price is higher, have to jump through extra hoops to get it. Do we even know if once are able to ship the actual figure if there’s an additional shipping charge? That will certainly kill this. Sucks. I prefer red Casey so that’s the one that will really sting not getting. Kinda hoping they held him back from the release in case this didn’t work out like they hoped knowing he’d be the most wanted.
Yes, there is a shipping charge according to the AutoT website FAQ. Since no one seems to have received their codes, it's unclear what that charge will be. An earlier press release made it sound like the shipping would follow Walmart's pricing, including free shipping at a certain level.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Just got an email about the autoT NECA stuff from Walmart. Thanks for sending me an invitation to buy stuff that is out of stock. Those folks are brain dead.
smallvillefan
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:29 pm

check out this parody of Neca/AutoT. It's glorious!!!

https://toynewsi.com/139-44678
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:29 pm

Looks like more stock is coming tomorrow for people still eager to do this AutoT dance:

User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 9329
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Misfit wrote:Looks like more stock is coming tomorrow for people still eager to do this AutoT dance:

Pass. Let the thing fail so we can get them normally. They forced our hands with lootcrate and luckily that killed itself.
gyrapados
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:48 pm

Misfit wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:29 pm
Looks like more stock is coming tomorrow for people still eager to do this AutoT dance:

That’s great. Especially since it makes no mention of what time. It could be tomorrow morning, mid day, or night. Geez. My brain dead statement from earlier remains true lol
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:40 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:46 pm
Misfit wrote:Looks like more stock is coming tomorrow for people still eager to do this AutoT dance:
Pass. Let the thing fail so we can get them normally. They forced our hands with lootcrate and luckily that killed itself.
I agree, just sharing for those who want to partake. I hope this thing blows up in their face. Anyone that did buy stuff this morning actually get their codes yet?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8520
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 pm

No code for me yet.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 pm

Holy eff. Hard pass on this nonsense. Can't implode soon enough.
User avatar
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1808
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 am

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:01 pm

NECA seems so proud of themselves for creating this service for collectors. Apparently it's patent pending. Makes me wonder if I can beat them to the punch and create one that's open source and actually decentralized that'll help instead of exploit collectors.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1586
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:45 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:01 pm
NECA seems so proud of themselves for creating this service for collectors. Apparently it's patent pending. Makes me wonder if I can beat them to the punch and create one that's open source and actually decentralized that'll help instead of exploit collectors.
What exactly makes them "proud of themselves?" They're marketing it, which is what they're supposed to do, succeed or fail.

Anyway, no code on my end either. I don't like waiting like this, it's dumb.
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:07 pm

Really wish they had tested this NFT stuff with O
IDW color variants and put the proper colours in the main line. Glad I didn't cancel my red Renet now as this makes me think we won't get the blue version in the UK (or they could make it really easy and just offer her on the NECA store, you never can tell and it's so frustrating).

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”