NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:20 pm

panther10 wrote:The Lawson Turtles do look fairly tall in comparison to their Eastman & Laird counterparts. Possibly even movie turtle height. I wonder if that will present scaling issue problems for some of the past villains who were all scaled with the Eastman & Laird figures in mind? Unless that’s how it was in the original comics and the turtles simply “grew up” like humans do even post mutation as they aged further into their teens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kinda hope they’re somewhere in between. I guess if they’re as tall as the movie turtles they’ll still be slightly shorter than even Marvel Legends. I just prefer the brothers to be a little on the short side.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:35 pm

The new turtles and Triceraton were all on rectangular black bases, so I assume they were still in the prototype stage. They might shrink down a little in production, so they might be a little smaller than they currently appear.
TheMadcapLaughs
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:04 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:35 pm
The new turtles and Triceraton were all on rectangular black bases, so I assume they were still in the prototype stage. They might shrink down a little in production, so they might be a little smaller than they currently appear.
Yeah, I noticed a broken elbow pad on Don, and some paint chipping on Raph's legs revealing white underneath, so I assume the Turtles are handpainted prototypes. Since the Shredder clones and Splinter had full arrays of accessories on display, I assume those are next in line to be released
Eddiehellman
Customized

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Has there been any official word on more IDW figures after the last ronin? I'd love to see Shredder, Casey, Fugitoid, Metalhead, and Jennika in particular...
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 pm

No, but it sounds like there won't be anymore until NECA feels it's done enough with Last Ronin. Randy expressed that he feels they're pretty maxed out on Turtles for the time being as far as different iterations are concerned.
piggyv01
CROM!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:09 am

Shame. I loved the IDW series for a long while. I'd love a Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady
and bludgeon from that series. Hopefully one day.
It's my favourite Shredder, I'd love Mezco to do him too.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:48 pm

I mean I think the folks at Neca can see that the writing was on the wall with their movie and toon line. Even though those toy lines are proceeding on schedule, there is this always going to be this chunk of that customer base who is going to look at their movie and toon displays and say to themselves “When I get to that next mile marker, I’m pretty much done”. So what does Neca do in situations like this? How do they ensure that those turtle fans always have something exciting and fresh to come back to? Well that’s where the new Mirage iterations, Archie and Last Ronin stuff come into play. It might technically be an addendum to what has been out before or a limited one shot deal, but at least it offers something for older fans and new fans to pick up and ads a little bit of freshness to their display.

And there are still even further alternate paths that they can go. Hell Turtles is a brand that is flexible enough where Neca can literally go full DC Direct with the property and each wave is a completely different and separate incarnation of the TMNT from various comic/tv/animation/movie adaptations or creative teams. Just one and done it all the way through….There’s probably even enough solid evidence to suggest that you can create a line of TMNT figures based entirely on the art portfolios of artists who got their start on places like deviant art or comic art community, but all because of that one picture of the core four turtles, it launched their careers at IDW and propelled them into superstardom and now those artists are signing comics and posters for kids at cons and they’re getting their first shot at designing Neca’s next wave of TMNT figs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:21 pm

The Mirage line alone can keep the brothers on the shelf just by releasing different artist interpretations and I would buy nearly all of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:29 pm

I hate to say it, but I’m a sucker for turtles. Every time someone releases a good iteration of them I am interested. I already have too many sets of the four brothers, but I keep buying more. I am planning on buying the Upcoming Mirage and Last Ronin turtles too.

But I enjoy them.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:31 pm

They should also just keep reissuing/updating the Turtles they've already released. I missed out on the 1st movie turtles, for example, and I'd gladly buy them at MSRP now if I had the chance. I'm sure other newer collectors would, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:31 pm

I'd buy Soul's Winter figures.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 am

Aw nutbunnies...

AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:13 am

oh dang, I'm looking forward to a first look!
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:05 pm

cmoney wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:31 pm
I'd buy Soul's Winter figures.

Those Michael Zulli designs really gripped me as a kid.
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:07 pm

Misfit wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:44 pm
No, but it sounds like there won't be anymore until NECA feels it's done enough with Last Ronin. Randy expressed that he feels they're pretty maxed out on Turtles for the time being as far as different iterations are concerned.
This is fine. There's so much already.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”

Recent Topics