NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 am

Raptor86 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 am
Jead wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 pm
The original Mirage releases had red, b/w, and colored bandanas. So Im expecting all three. Or at least both bandana variants.

IDW and Archie Turtles oughta be coming soon after Mirage.
I'll buy anything IDW they release. I gave up on the idea of Neca doing IDW TMNT, but the Last Ronin figures (different universe, I know, but still published by IDW) gave me hope.
I think they are doing Last Ronin more because of Eastman’s direct involvement, rather than it being IDW and a drive towards doing that.

I don’t think Eastman is involved in the main series at all except for alternate covers.

I would love for them to do IDW proper but I think they already have too many verticals and won’t fully move out of the safe space of 80s / 90s nostalgia until they have mined as much as they can.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:35 am

Eastman has been heavily involved with writing for the IDW run since it started.

I think the main reason is to not have too many massive spanning lines at one time. I wouldn't mind a line that just spanned all the comic runs, though. Give something for all the fans rather than just one subset at a time, and give everyone more time for their money to breath.
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:54 pm

I would love them to do a proper IDW line. Mirage is my priority but IDW would just be able to cover so many characters and it would be great to have them all in one unified line that look right together. Plus I just love the book.

Hopefully we'll see some more Mirage and Last Ronin at SDCC.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:09 pm

Which other Mirage characters are on your wishlist? Have to be honest, it's been such a long time that I read these comics (back when I was a kid) that I don't really remember that many characters. I also didn't read all of them, so my wishlist is pretty small (though I'm sure I just forgot a lot of them)

- Splinter
- Baxter
- Triceraton
- Maybe an April V2? How she appeared in the later issues
- Turtles with new sculpts, also how they appeared in the later issues (already have the original Mirage Turtles)
- Karai
- Mini Shredder and Shiva Shredder (to complete the set)
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:43 pm

ChrisLyne wrote:
I would love them to do a proper IDW line. Mirage is my priority but IDW would just be able to cover so many characters and it would be great to have them all in one unified line that look right together. Plus I just love the book.

I would love an IDW line. I've read that book on and off, while it was never really my favorite iteration of the turtles it did take some cues from the designs of the 2012 cartoon, which IS my all-time favorite. I love how each turtle is individualized and while the IDW designs aren't as pronounced in their differences, they're still clearly the same ideas - Donnie is tall and thin, Mikey is the smallest and thin, Raph is the broadest, while Leo is the centerline, the least changed from the classic TMNT proportions. Splinter also shares a lot of common design ideas from 2012. And the places where 2012 diverges too much for my tastes, like Bebop and Rocksteady, IDW just went full classic, which is great.

So while I'd really like to see NECA doing 2012, that's pretty unlikely to happen, so IDW would definitely be something I'd buy.
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:01 pm

Freditor wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:09 pm
Which other Mirage characters are on your wishlist? Have to be honest, it's been such a long time that I read these comics (back when I was a kid) that I don't really remember that many characters. I also didn't read all of them, so my wishlist is pretty small (though I'm sure I just forgot a lot of them)

- Splinter
- Baxter
- Triceraton
- Maybe an April V2? How she appeared in the later issues
- Turtles with new sculpts, also how they appeared in the later issues (already have the original Mirage Turtles)
- Karai
- Mini Shredder and Shiva Shredder (to complete the set)
For me it's mostly the Eastman & Laird/In House issues of Vol 1 and Tales Vol 1 so:

Updated TMNT (cira Leo/#10-11)
Splinter
Leatherhead
Karai
Radical
Nobody
Baxter Stockman
Rat King
Triceraton Warrior
Savanti Romero
Choate
Complete Carnage

Updated April would be cool (and I'm guessing we'll see an updated Shredder at some point given he's only been in the NYC set and a Loot Crate, Foot Soldiers too).
Aggro Ninja wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:43 pm
ChrisLyne wrote:

I would love an IDW line. I've read that book on and off, while it was never really my favorite iteration of the turtles it did take some cues from the designs of the 2012 cartoon, which IS my all-time favorite. I love how each turtle is individualized and while the IDW designs aren't as pronounced in their differences, they're still clearly the same ideas - Donnie is tall and thin, Mikey is the smallest and thin, Raph is the broadest, while Leo is the centerline, the least changed from the classic TMNT proportions. Splinter also shares a lot of common design ideas from 2012. And the places where 2012 diverges too much for my tastes, like Bebop and Rocksteady, IDW just went full classic, which is great.

So while I'd really like to see NECA doing 2012, that's pretty unlikely to happen, so IDW would definitely be something I'd buy.
Yeah, IDW designs really strike that nice midpoint between tweaked/updated and classic
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:28 pm

Well, I went with both versions of Last Ronin, because the design is so striking. I just started reading it, since the TPB came out on my birthday and it was a gift. Not very far, but liking what I've gotten too.
Really, when it comes to comic turtles I just want the turtle variants. (And mostly just different versions of Donnie.)
But the Foot Clan Leo would be a cool figure and a nice companion to Last Ronin.

Also, it's about time for another crack at Mirage Turtles, isn't it NECA?

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:22 pm

Out of what's already announced, I'm only for sure skipping out on Renet. Don't much care for her, her stories, or her one cocreator.

Anyways, for my wishlist:
-Updated Turtles and April circa 10-11/Leo
-The Unmentionables variants of the Turtles, Casey, and April
-Splinter
-Karai, both her outfit from the cover of issue 56 and her as Shredder
-Rerelease of the Shredder, the Foot Elite, and Foot Soldiers. Hopefully a two pack of Foot Elite, absolutely army building those guys.
-Leatherhead (he's too cute not to have on my shelf)
-Rat King
-Triceraton
-Zog
-City at War Casey and April
-Not specifically Mirage, I guess, but a figure of this Dooney art of Casey is all I need in my life. Probably my favorite look for him, ever.
Spoiler! :
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:31 am

With SDCC next week the Mirage line is definitely my most anticipated in terms of reveals.

Hopefully we'll finally see the updated Turtles, after that I'm hoping for Splinter, Savanti Romero (since we have Renet), and then anyone else. Would love to get a Baxter to go with those 2009 Mousers, a Triceraton to pair with Fugitoid. So many options!

Fingers crossed someone finally puts the color errors question to them directly as well.

For Last Ronin I feel Casey is a must, plus hopefully a set of flashback Turtles.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:30 pm

F*** Loot Crate, but I hope NECA releases the other two.

cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:42 am

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:58 am

Seems like a good sign that they won't be going to Loot Crate.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:15 am

Misfit wrote:
I was liking your reasoning until I just saw in the ToyArk pics that Claw Shredder is on display there too, also in package. Unless they're planning to just re-release him? Which would make sense since I just overpaid for him on mercari.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:29 am

cmoney wrote:
Misfit wrote:
I was liking your reasoning until I just saw in the ToyArk pics that Claw Shredder is on display there too, also in package. Unless they're planning to just re-release him? Which would make sense since I just overpaid for him on mercari.
Nah, they show off pretty much everything they've made so far at these conventions regardless of how they were released. What they've yet to do is show off a figure for Loot Crate before it's announcement. It's Loot Crate that gets to reveal the figures usually and we don't see or hear about them until the things are put up for order.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 am

Misfit wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:29 am
cmoney wrote:
Misfit wrote:
Nah, they show off pretty much everything they've made so far at these conventions regardless of how they were released. What they've yet to do is show off a figure for Loot Crate before it's announcement. It's Loot Crate that gets to reveal the figures usually and we don't see or hear about them until the things are put up for order.
I am back to liking the cut of that jib of yours.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”