Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
User avatar
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2636
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:24 pm

I think you guys are putting way more thought into the waves than Super7 does. Based on what everyone connected to the company has said in interviews, they're just making the figures they like the most. Their only rule is to include a turtle in each (for now) wave, and after that it's just what's done of the characters they've begun work on. Wave 4 has no villains, for example. If they were putting a lot of thought into the character selection it's highly unlikely they avoid villains for an entire wave this early in the line. And yes, before someone points it out, I'm aware some cardbacks in the old days had Muckman with the villains, but Super7 is going with the green, hero, packaging for him so they clearly view him as a good guy.
User avatar
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4376
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Ace Duck has always been one of my favorites. I used to imagine what sort of adventures he would be up to. His brief cameo on the TV show made me wonder what kind of movies he was in. His vintage figure was cool as hell...

This new one is somehow even cooler and now I'm imagining a whole world revolving around Ace Duck. One part Indiana Jones, one part Screaming Eagles Nick Fury.

Joy!
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Slash ordered. Nearly broke for the Mousers but, cool as the extra accessories are they’ll most likely stay in the box and, whilst an extra 1 would be nice I don’t need 6 Mousers. We’ll see if I still feel that way when they get released :lol:

Late summer 2022. Honestly I thought 5 & 6 would be the only waves next year given all the delays (possibly 4 as well for many people), but this definitely leaves open the chance of wave 7 hitting at the end of next year. Would be cool if they could pull that off as it would mean we’re back on schedule.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Misfit wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:24 pm
I think you guys are putting way more thought into the waves than Super7 does. Based on what everyone connected to the company has said in interviews, they're just making the figures they like the most. Their only rule is to include a turtle in each (for now) wave, and after that it's just what's done of the characters they've begun work on. Wave 4 has no villains, for example. If they were putting a lot of thought into the character selection it's highly unlikely they avoid villains for an entire wave this early in the line. And yes, before someone points it out, I'm aware some cardbacks in the old days had Muckman with the villains, but Super7 is going with the green, hero, packaging for him so they clearly view him as a good guy.
They're not my supervisor! Muckman goes with the villains, just like my NECA Toon & Vintage Playmates shelves!
User avatar
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm

So I'm at work and of course over-thinking my figure collecting. Here's how I'm planning my display them once I have everything - three shelves, seven figures on each shelf:

One shelf will be Splinter, the four Turtles, April, and Casey

Another shelf will be Shredder, four Foot Soldiers, and Rocksteady & Bebop

Third shelf will be Krang, Baxter, Rat King (assuming they make him), Leatherhead, Slash, and Metalhead (I know he can go with the good guys, but I like him as a villain. That's how I remember him from Turtles in Time).

That's all the characters I owned figures of as a kid. But the third shelf only has six, so I need one more villain. I was thinking General Traag, assuming they make him. He feels like the bad guy I remember the most from the cartoon and the video games that I didn't own a toy of. And he works with Krang being from Dimension X.

But now I'm second guessing myself. Maybe a Triceraton or some other villain? I don't know, what do you guys think, who would you add to the third shelf?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4478
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 pm

My advice, don't worry about the 3rd shelf and start working on that 4th shelf...or the 5th shelf.

But seriously, I'd go with General Traag. He fits with Krang.

I haven't given my shelf setup much thought honestly. I just have my goal of getting 1988-1990 figures. I want to finish my sewer dio setup but I might also be moving my dio to a different shelf with different dimensions. Either way, I'm seeing the shelf getting pretty crowded with just the current figures I already have. I might need to do multiple dios if I want them all on display. I'm thinking the smart move would be a street dio above the sewer dio….and maybe stretch the street dio into a building/rooftop dio. I might be the only way to get everything in without lining them up like soldiers as I really hate that look.

Ultimately I'll be looking at about 30 figures to complete my collection. I think my display is just going to be free for all with the 4 turtles split up to tie everything together.
User avatar
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:52 pm

I am really happy with Super7 and am excited for the figures but please Super7, if you lurk these forums, please bring back the peg holes in the feet for all your ultimate figure lines. I use stands when I can and am tired of figures falling over. Bebop has them but Rocksteady doesn’t. Take a guess who looks fearsome and who looks to be taking a nap all the time.

PLEASE add peg holes back to the feet. Please.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 15841
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:37 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 pm
BUT, I can't look at that Slash and not get excited. I just hope it turns out as nice as it looks now. Damn near perfect. Did I also pre-order the Mousers and Ace Duck? Of course I did. Because I'm a fool.
You poor, simple fool!

Image
I'm glad you're excited about it because I used your credit card.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17631
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:47 pm

I ordered Slash and 2 Mouser sets at BBTS.

I said I would order Slash as soon as they showed him, and I stuck to my word. I grabbed the Mousers because I only have 2 from the NECA set years ago, and then a bunch of the 2012 Playmates versions.
User avatar
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:47 am

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 pm
My advice, don't worry about the 3rd shelf and start working on that 4th shelf...or the 5th shelf.

But seriously, I'd go with General Traag. He fits with Krang.

I haven't given my shelf setup much thought honestly. I just have my goal of getting 1988-1990 figures. I want to finish my sewer dio setup but I might also be moving my dio to a different shelf with different dimensions. Either way, I'm seeing the shelf getting pretty crowded with just the current figures I already have. I might need to do multiple dios if I want them all on display. I'm thinking the smart move would be a street dio above the sewer dio….and maybe stretch the street dio into a building/rooftop dio. I might be the only way to get everything in without lining them up like soldiers as I really hate that look.

Ultimately I'll be looking at about 30 figures to complete my collection. I think my display is just going to be free for all with the 4 turtles split up to tie everything together.
I am tempted to get more, but at $55 each and not having a lot of nostalgia to the characters I didn't own toys of, I kind of talk myself out of it. I am actually looking for new furniture for my place, so that's making me put a lot of thought into exactly what type of shelving to get and how I want my display to be laid out.
User avatar
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:36 am

Misfit wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:05 pm
Playmates kept the same skintone for each turtle throughout the line, for the most part, so I'm sure Super7 intends for them to match. The BBTS images are all likely rendered images with artificial lighting so I wouldn't place much stock in them. They'll likely be close, but slight variations can occur so I doubt we'll know for sure until we have product in hand.
Good to know, though I get the impression I'm going to want the 3 other beach turtles if the SSMikey is a hit and the heads are swappable.

Also, given the topic, it baffles me that there was never a sea turtle TMNT figure, that seems like a given that Slash was a snapping turtle, and the surf/skater vibe from the series over the years.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:37 pm
I'm glad you're excited about it because I used your credit card.
Ha! Joke's on you! The autopay for that card's bills is your bank account!

SpiderHulkThing wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:52 pm
I am really happy with Super7 and am excited for the figures but please Super7, if you lurk these forums, please bring back the peg holes in the feet for all your ultimate figure lines. I use stands when I can and am tired of figures falling over. Bebop has them but Rocksteady doesn’t. Take a guess who looks fearsome and who looks to be taking a nap all the time.

PLEASE add peg holes back to the feet. Please.
They can help, but not always, especially if the legs aren't made great. *glares murderous daggers at NECA Movie April lying on her back to prevent more shelf dives*
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:11 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Mondo Gecko was one of my most anticipated figures from this line but I ended up being a little disappointed by him after he was revealed but I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was that wasn’t working for me.
Now after looking at the pictures of the final product I see that they fixed my problem.
It was the missing blue brow :lol:
I’m excited again!
User avatar
Baedal
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 am

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Ace Duck still puzzles me, it's the worst sculpt of the line, if we compare it with the fine details of Baxter or Leatherhead it seems made by an amateur. They should've looked for examples of what an aviator jacket really looks like and not copy/paste the wrong details of the vintage figure, the lapel isn't like that. I don't understand what they wanted to do here, they tried to make realistic and detailed feet, but the wings are terribly cartoonish with shapeless feathers. The head is the worst I think, the vintage figure didn't have those cartoon "cuphead" eyes from the 30s.
Overall this wave lowered the quality in the sculpting and the art direction a lot, it's quite disappointing, the only one that has a decent level is Scratch... I'm looking at the teeth that seem drawn on the second Mikey head, omg what is that.
User avatar
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Hard disagree with just about all of that.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”