Super7: TMNT Ultimates

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7: TMNT Ultimates

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

Garlador wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 pm
KarlSpace wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:33 pm
I'm pleasantly surprised they got that much character out of Ace, and it gives me hope that Ghenghis Frog can be made to look cool, because that vintage figure has always been pretty lame, especially compared to Napoleon. Strange that they made his belt into a bandolier.
Looking at the old toy and card art, apparently Ace Duck's "belt" was always a bandolier.
Huh, good catch. I was just looking at the card before posting to see how they described it, and missed the card and character picture of him with it as a bandolier.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:51 pm

jimbles wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Also, pre-empitvely requesting this of VeeBee: if/when you are able to interview S7 about this wave, can you please ask them if they are putting thought into making sure Surfer Mikey's skin tone matches with the standard Mikey? I'm sure people would love the head swap options.
I'm pretty sure that's intended since they didn't sculpt the sunglasses onto either head. By making them separate, we can move that head to another body. And they're probably well aware that there are people out there who don't think much of the alternate head that came with the first Mikey.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:51 pm
jimbles wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Also, pre-empitvely requesting this of VeeBee: if/when you are able to interview S7 about this wave, can you please ask them if they are putting thought into making sure Surfer Mikey's skin tone matches with the standard Mikey? I'm sure people would love the head swap options.
I'm pretty sure that's intended since they didn't sculpt the sunglasses onto either head. By making them separate, we can move that head to another body. And they're probably well aware that there are people out there who don't think much of the alternate head that came with the first Mikey.
It's worth seeing if Veebs could ask them point blank, though. Assumptions don't add up to much.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Ugh.. I'm falling into the trap of getting excited about these. Some of the decisions they make are just so baffling and I still genuinely think they are capable of making better product than they actually put out. By a pretty good margin, at that.

BUT, I can't look at that Slash and not get excited. I just hope it turns out as nice as it looks now. Damn near perfect. Did I also pre-order the Mousers and Ace Duck? Of course I did. Because I'm a fool.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:32 pm

I was pretty happy with Neca's TiT Slash, but man, this one looks awesome with the alt head, hands, and extra weapons. It looks like what I remember from the old toy.

Ace Duck I think looks better than the Neca one I already preordered.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:54 pm

Pre ordered the entire set plus an extra Slash. Two of my all time favorites right in this wave though with Slash and Sewer Surfin' Mikey.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:15 am

Mousers multi-pack is great. I only ordered one, but I'm tempted to get another. You can never have enough Mousers.

Also ordered Slash. Slash and Triceraton were two of my favorites of the vintage line. In fact, I didn't have too many TMNT figures, as I didn't like the lack of articulation and semi-posed nature of the line. Those two figures not only had fantastic sculpts but more neutral bodies, pose-wise, which I preferred. With Slash coming, it's just down to Triceraton for me, and I can walk away from this line. Well, maybe Usagi Yojimbo too.

I'm not familiar with Scratch, but a cat in prison garb is tempting. Just as a humorous gimmick. Cat burgler. Very fun design. Maybe not $55 fun, though.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:23 am

Why don't the Mousers include all four baby turtles? Do they expect everybody to buy two sets at $55 a pop?

This line theoretically sounds like it's more my cup of tea than NECA's toon line, but I'm disinterested in them? I guess it's because I can repaint my original figures, but I never had toys based on the cartoon. Scratch is tempting but not something I need.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:25 am

One came with Splinter. And I'm assuming they'll throw one more in somewhere else.
KnightDamien

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:32 am

Ash Talon wrote:

I'm not familiar with Scratch, but a cat in prison garb is tempting. Just as a humorous gimmick. Cat burgler. Very fun design. Maybe not $55 fun, though.
That sums up my feeling on a TON of stuff we have seen or will see in this line. Lots of TMNT stuff is just really fun, and even with the problems I have with S7, I'd be tempted to go mostly all-in on this line at like.. 25 dollars US (or be a LOT less selective at 30-35 dollars US). But at 55 bucks? Plus shipping to Canada making it more like 80-90 Canadian dollars per figure? I'll take a few of my absolute favorites and just enjoy pictures of the rest.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:34 am

I assumed that yes, they include 2 turtles because they do expect you to buy multiple mouser sets.

Though yeah, we'll have 5 if we get 2 sets, but at the same time, we don't know another figure is coming with that 4th turtle.

Scratch looks like an awesome character. Did he ever appear in the cartoon or comics? I mean, I guess Hobb in the IDW comics is based on him, but I don't remember ever seeing Scratch in the show or toy line back in the day.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:35 am

citysushi wrote:I assumed that yes, they include 2 turtles because they do expect you to buy multiple mouser sets.

Though yeah, we'll have 5 if we get 2 sets, but at the same time, we don't know another figure is coming with that 4th turtle.

Scratch looks like an awesome character. Did he ever appear in the cartoon or comics? I mean, I guess Hobb in the IDW comics is based on him, but I don't remember ever seeing Scratch in the show or toy line back in the day.
Was in a gameboy tmnt game

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:36 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:32 am
Ash Talon wrote:

That sums up my feeling on a TON of stuff we have seen or will see in this line. Lots of TMNT stuff is just really fun, and even with the problems I have with S7, I'd be tempted to go mostly all-in on this line at like.. 25 dollars US (or be a LOT less selective at 30-35 dollars US). But at 55 bucks? Plus shipping to Canada making it more like 80-90 Canadian dollars per figure? I'll take a few of my absolute favorites and just enjoy pictures of the rest.
That's why I'm for the most part only sticking to characters I owned as a kid. Not dropping $55 for a Mondo Gecko or Ray Filet when 30 years ago I wasn't willing to drop $5 on them.
KnightDamien

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:51 am

Handsome wrote: That's why I'm for the most part only sticking to characters I owned as a kid. Not dropping $55 for a Mondo Gecko or Ray Filet when 30 years ago I wasn't willing to drop $5 on them.
:lol: That's a good rule.
I, however, owned probably around 75% of more of the basic figures in the line, and a good chunk of the vehicles as well. So... I definitely need to stick with only getting my -favorite- stuff as a kid. Luckily, that's a fairly small number of figures. With the reveal of Slash, that really just leaves King Lionheart and Panda Khan as 'must haves' for me. Although eventually I may have to go back and buy a regular Leonardo because he actually was one of my favorite figures for a long time. Damn it.
I guess technically the list should include Mutagen Man. He was my other big favorite non-Turtle, but I'm really disappointed in S7's version so I skipped him.
nilocomic
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:12 am

Handsome wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:44 am
Yeah, I can definitely get behind a Toon Shredder variant

That Shredder looks so good with those colors. I would love to have an Ultimates Shredder in that deco.

Slash looks excellent, and he was at the top of my wants list. The alt head looks really good! I might even like it better than the original version.

Ace isn’t bad. I had him as a kid, but he always felt kind of bland. I wish they had a shot of him with his hat on to show how well it fits.

No interest in the alternate turtles, but those heads for Surfer Mikey are great. I’m keeping my expectations in line though, since his colors may not match the regular version.

I have no attachment to Scratch, but the head sculpt with him looking to the side looks pretty great. The whole figure seems to have a good sculpt overall with a ton of character, and I might be tempted.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”