NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Cartoon Series

Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:33 pm

That's great news they'll be doing ultimate versions of April, Casey and Shredder. I got a Shredder in the original two-pack with Leonardo but the prices for April and Casey on eBay have been outrageous. Nice to see they're aware of the situation and looking to rectify it.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:31 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
That's great news they'll be doing ultimate versions of April, Casey and Shredder. I got a Shredder in the original two-pack with Leonardo but the prices for April and Casey on eBay have been outrageous. Nice to see they're aware of the situation and looking to rectify it.
Only Ultimate April is confirmed. They didn't say they would do Casey or Shredder, only maybe. But I fully expect them to do those in like 2024 and 2025 or whenever the well runs dry.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:38 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:31 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Only Ultimate April is confirmed. They didn't say they would do Casey or Shredder, only maybe. But I fully expect them to do those in like 2024 and 2025 or whenever the well runs dry.
Ah, well, I can live with only April. I have a Shredder, he's fine. Casey Jones wasn't a very important part of the cartoon to me. He was much more important in comics and films. I don't think I had his figure as a kid either.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:40 pm

I think the Mirage Casey wouldn't look too out of place in the toon line, either.
Tenement Funster
Customized

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:49 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:40 pm
I think the Mirage Casey wouldn't look too out of place in the toon line, either.
I'm torn because I like both but can't justify having two. Especially as these prices are beginning to increase. (I know we haven't seen NECA TMNT increases yet, but def for other lines).

I have comic book Casey on order but I might cancel.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Good news about the cartoon street diorama being rereleased. I didn’t get its first release.

I feel like April’s body also needs to be a little curvier and not just taller.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:56 pm

Tokka and Rahzar and Usagi Yojimbo are confirmed for the Target fall fan event.

https://toynewsi.com/139-43952
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 pm

So the accessory pack won't include the portal, or the little turtles... what do you guys think will be in there? Aside from Rocksteady's hat. I'm guessing maybe Big MACC will be part of a two pack with the turtle tots? The toon turtle line has had 10 times the releases as the movie lines have, and each figure has already come packed with accessories.

Will it be mainly stuff to flesh out the sewer play sets?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:30 pm

I swear Randy told Pixel Dan at SDCC that the turtle tots would likely be coming with one of the sewer lair sets, and that the portal would be a unique release due to it's size.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:46 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
So the accessory pack won't include the portal, or the little turtles... what do you guys think will be in there? Aside from Rocksteady's hat. I'm guessing maybe Big MACC will be part of a two pack with the turtle tots? The toon turtle line has had 10 times the releases as the movie lines have, and each figure has already come packed with accessories.

Has there been any talk regarding when that accessory pack is supposed to be released or what exactly will be in it? Rocksteady needs his helmet. :lol:
TinkerersAssistant02
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:17 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
AgentLionel wrote:

Has there been any talk regarding when that accessory pack is supposed to be released or what exactly will be in it? Rocksteady needs his helmet. :lol:
The thing with Rocksteady's cap though is that he barely wore it on the show. Like 99.9% of the show he wasn't wearing it. He really only had it for a few of the earliest episodes out of the nearly 200 total, of which he was in almost all of them.

It's just that it seems most people best remember those earliest episodes, for one, and the original figure had it sculpted on, for two. So for cartoon accuracy overall, it's far more accurate for him to be without it.

Still, it would be nice for the option though!
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm

AgentLionel wrote:

Pretty sure they said MACC will be part of that accessory pack.
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:37 pm

TinkerersAssistant02 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:17 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
AgentLionel wrote:

The thing with Rocksteady's cap though is that he barely wore it on the show. Like 99.9% of the show he wasn't wearing it. He really only had it for a few of the earliest episodes out of the nearly 200 total, of which he was in almost all of them.

It's just that it seems most people best remember those earliest episodes, for one, and the original figure had it sculpted on, for two. So for cartoon accuracy overall, it's far more accurate for him to be without it.

Still, it would be nice for the option though!
Oh, absolutely, you're 100% right. Buuuuuuut as a kid I watched those first episodes religiously on repeat. To me the TOEI pilot episodes will always be the high water mark for TMNT. I love the tone, the art and story direction. They took themselves seriously but weren't afraid to have some fun. I always felt the show's teeth were pulled when it got a series order.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:18 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:20 pm
AgentLionel wrote:

Pretty sure they said MACC will be part of that accessory pack.
That piece of info came from that Speeky Geeky channel which also reported the Turtle Tots being in the same pack, which has been debunked, basically, so I don't know how trustworthy that info is/was. Could be someone at NECA just gave him the wrong info on the Turtles, or they changed it up between SDCC and Power Con. I certainly hope he's in that set and not taking up real estate in a two-pack.
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
AgentLionel wrote:

Randy has only floated "fall" as for when the accessory set will go up for preorder, which means it probably won't be released until sometime next year.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”