NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

FIGURES IN A HALF SHELL! NECA, Super7, Playmates, if it possesses Turtle Power, talk about it here.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NECA: TMNT Mirage/Comic Series

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:20 pm

Yeah, same here. If there's an NFT attached to these that's a non-starter. Pretty unusual and lame of NECA to make the standard, preferred, versions of characters like Renet and Casey the Walmart exclusive while the comic shops get the less desirable variants.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:26 pm

I'll take an NFT for free and do absolutely nothing with it forever. I will not pay any sort of mark up for one. Give me a trading card instead. Give me a sticker instead. Hell, give me a POG instead. Way more value.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:35 pm

Probably an unpopular opinion but... I like the red/brown variant of Renet a whole lot more now that I've seen the blue variant. I know the blue outfit is more iconic but for me that doesn't change the fact that, aesthetically, the initial release looks better. Was going to get both but I might just stick with the one I have now.

Oh, and as for that Walmart thing: why not just wait 'till these pop up on Ali? And has it even been confirmed that red Casey will be exclusive to this event too?
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Red Casey was shown on the back of the box for B&W Shredder, along with blue Renet, B&W Foot Soldier, and Fugitoid. Fugitoid seems to be the odd one out there, many of us either already have him or have him on order, but the other three seem to be likely Walmart exclusives given the context.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:52 pm

My god, did you guys read the press release? It sounds even dumber than I expected.

https://toynewsi.com/139-44630

Choice: "The AutoT website uses patent pending blockchain technology to track the authenticity and ownership history of AutoT collectibles so fans can easily buy, sell and trade on the platform with confidence. Collectors can store their digital collectible for up to two years free of charge in the NECA Vault or have the physical item shipped to them."
smallvillefan
Customized

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:32 pm

I have one word, Neca. ASININE

Get that NFT BS outa here!
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 pm

They’re also partnering with Logan Paul on this.

I made that up but it sounds realistic with this news.
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:34 pm

It will be great when NFTs die out in a few years
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:25 pm

Blingoman wrote:It will be great when NFTs die out in a few years
No you just don’t get it bro. The blockchain. Investment. The future.

Bruh.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:59 pm

cmoney wrote:
My god, did you guys read the press release? It sounds even dumber than I expected.

Choice: "The AutoT website uses patent pending blockchain technology to track the authenticity and ownership history of AutoT collectibles so fans can easily buy, sell and trade on the platform with confidence. Collectors can store their digital collectible for up to two years free of charge in the NECA Vault or have the physical item shipped to them."

I have no interest in buying these figures, but the NF process has me curious, I don't get how NFT's work. Will Walmart ship you a figure? Or do you just buy it, and then request NECA to ship it?

So when these inevitably go up on Ebay, will they transfer ownership to the buyer, and they have to ask NECA to ship it to them? Sounds like a great deal for re-sellers, they no longer have to manage inventory, pack, or ship items. lol. Great deal for stores too.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:11 am

I'm nearly convinced. Just this side of trading in my entire collection for individual photos of my collection instead.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 am

I merely echoed what everyone else was saying on their Facebook post for that, except I censored my few swears with asterisks, and didn't attack or insult NECA themselves.

But for some reason, my comment got deleted, and now I assume I'm banned from interacting with posts, as I can't react or comment on anything on their page. Even past stuff.

Meanwhile comments like "NECA makes overpriced crappy sh**" or "Walmart sucks, I hope they die" are still there.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:08 am

It'd be interesting to see if every figure can be tied to a blockchain. Then we'd be able to authenticate and track who has ever owned it. As figures get lost/destroyed/bad paint, etc it increases the value of those that are "registered". It can also give companies a better understanding of units to produce and to see how this community has grown or shrunken. With ties to blockchain, we can also see who the hoarders and scalpers are, perhaps figures go up in value only if they are registered on the chain and those that are stashing them wouldn't be able to prove their authenticity.

All I see here are people with no vision. Might as well complain about the Internet being a fad and how smartphones will never replace landlines. I'm sure you were those people.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:13 am

christianpyro wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:59 pm
cmoney wrote:

I have no interest in buying these figures, but the NF process has me curious, I don't get how NFT's work. Will Walmart ship you a figure? Or do you just buy it, and then request NECA to ship it?

So when these inevitably go up on Ebay, will they transfer ownership to the buyer, and they have to ask NECA to ship it to them? Sounds like a great deal for re-sellers, they no longer have to manage inventory, pack, or ship items. lol. Great deal for stores too.
It doesn't say anything about NFTs, but leveraging blockchain technology to track and authenticate. My biggest concern would be that ALL figures are now at a higher premium price. Target had options, where you could buy the regular or the autograph. From the PR here, it reads as if you buy a figure and then go to their website to find out whether it's a regular or auto. Makes me think all figures will start at a higher base price now...
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:30 am

If they’re adding to the price for this NFT/blockchain bull crap then I’m going to be upset. Nobody asked for this and the time to deliver on it was when everyone got free money during the pandemic. Now with the threat of a recession they are in the wrong market for this fluff that doesn’t add value to their core consumer. Just stick to the toys please.

Return to “The Sewer Lair: The Unofficial Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Board”