Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 am

Fletch, can you please post a photo of that felt Snarf? I’d love to see!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:05 am

The only character I MUST have at this point is Snarf. I have the Mattel Thundekittens so I guess I don't NEED them, but if Super7 makes them (or rather when they make them), I will probably buy them again. But Snarf is the only MUST for me. Then, I'd have all the main heroes and villains.

I guess I would like to have Ratar-O as well. Just to have all the Mutants.
xTIMMYxCOREx
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:37 am

Snarf, Kittens and Berbils. All the small characters.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:55 pm

I recognize why people want the things that they want - but as someone that bought the Kittens from Mattel and has Snarf and four fabulous Berbils from Joe Amaro - I'm hoping the focus for the future isn't exclusively or even heavily concentrated on those smaller figures and includes some fun cool stuff like Ratar-O, Hachiman and Mongor (Safari Joe can pound sand, though, that guy sucks).

I am interested to see where they go with the next round. I feel like the Kittens have to be there - but I wonder if they'll be packed with a Berbil or Snarf and Snarfer. I can't imagine that Ghost Jaga is too far away at this point. That's a slam dunk re-use.

Curious to see if they are going to delve into the Lunataks or not. I'd think there might be a risk of them starting the team and not finishing if sales don't hold up.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:38 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:55 pm
I recognize why people want the things that they want - but as someone that bought the Kittens from Mattel and has Snarf and four fabulous Berbils from Joe Amaro - I'm hoping the focus for the future isn't exclusively or even heavily concentrated on those smaller figures and includes some fun cool stuff like Ratar-O, Hachiman and Mongor (Safari Joe can pound sand, though, that guy sucks).

I am interested to see where they go with the next round. I feel like the Kittens have to be there - but I wonder if they'll be packed with a Berbil or Snarf and Snarfer. I can't imagine that Ghost Jaga is too far away at this point. That's a slam dunk re-use.

Curious to see if they are going to delve into the Lunataks or not. I'd think there might be a risk of them starting the team and not finishing if sales don't hold up.
Well they are running out of "main" hero characters. Really the only ones left are the kittens and Snarf based on total screen time. After that you start to run to the second tier characters who had semi-regular appearances throughout the show. But how many of them are big enough draws to keep the sales up to the point where it is worth making them?

Then there is the looming price problem. While I am ok with the price right now, I don't know how much more I am willing to pay, especially if they start getting into the more niche characters. Right now the standard Ultimates average around $75-$80+ tax each (Canadian). If Super7 bump them up to $60US, which is pretty much a guarantee in this market due to external factors that would mean my price would be probably closer to $90Cdn before tax. At that point am I willing to pay that for say a one episode repaint of a character? I don't know that I would be willing.

At least with Thundercats Super7 doesn't currently have any competition like the Turtles, GI Joe, Transformers, Power Rangers, etc. So if they make a character who hasn't had a figure before, or even update one who did, you really don't have any options if you want that figure.

Brian talks a good bit about pricing and trying to be price sensitive to the consumer. However that hasn't stopped them from charging what they charge, and charging more for bigger figures.

As for the Lunataks, I really hope they do some of them soon. I think they will be some of the toughest sells to the non-diehard collector. As such I would hope they start doing some of them now and throw them into waves with bigger names (the kittens, Hachiman, Ratar-O).
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:42 pm

I have the Mattel Kittens, but most collectors of this line don't, so I hope they come sooner, rather than later.

I have nothing from Joe Amaro, so I definitely need Snarf & some Berbils.

Hachiman is another definite "need."

Also, while I definitely have not yet seen an episode with him in it, my buddy (who'd never seen any TCats, but was starting to get into Ultimates, so he wanted to watch "definitive" episodes) told me about a character named Zaxx, and then sent me this pic:

Yeah. WANT. HARD. :lol:
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:11 am

NORM wrote:
He's so great. I can't imagine Super7 making a better one.

Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 am

TENIME_art wrote:
I have the Mattel Kittens, but most collectors of this line don't, so I hope they come sooner, rather than later.

I have nothing from Joe Amaro, so I definitely need Snarf & some Berbils.

Hachiman is another definite "need."

Also, while I definitely have not yet seen an episode with him in it, my buddy (who'd never seen any TCats, but was starting to get into Ultimates, so he wanted to watch "definitive" episodes) told me about a character named Zaxx, and then sent me this pic:

They've already made his medallion, so he's at least on Super7's radar...
Merso
Super Poseable

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 am

fletch137 wrote:
NORM wrote:

I love it!!!

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:12 pm

fletch137 wrote:
NORM wrote:

This is very cute. While I'd still want a plastic one to keep in visual style with the rest of the figures, a handmade one would have a permanent place in my display.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:44 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:12 pm
fletch137 wrote:
NORM wrote:

This is very cute. While I'd still want a plastic one to keep in visual style with the rest of the figures, a handmade one would have a permanent place in my display.
My biggest fear is that a Snarf will come 2-packed with a character I want, and I'll have to explain to my wife "naw, Baby, this means nothing to me. It was the little girl cat I wanted" from the sofa.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 pm

TENIME_art wrote:

OMG... YES!!! I would buy multiples of that figure. It's an amazing design, super toyetic and would be amazing custom fodder - not just for the four armed torso, every piece of that design slaps
xTIMMYxCOREx
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 am

You have to have the entire main hero cast ready by the time the thundertank arrives. Only makes sense.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 am

xTIMMYxCOREx wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 am
You have to have the entire main hero cast ready by the time the thundertank arrives. Only makes sense.

Unfortunately that won't happen.

The Thundertank is already in the tooling stage at the factory and Super7 haven't even announced the Kittens. So unless there is some super secret surprise reveal coming they won't make it out before the Thundertank. Unless you don't consider the Kittens part of the main hero cast. In that case you are golden.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:14 pm

The Kittens & Snarf are part of the tank bundle, and the only way to get them is with that. :cry:

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”