Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:43 am

canprime wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 am
Gambitfan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 am
So if wave 3 is shipping to use in Oct, we should get these in hand Nov? Can't wait to get more TCats on the shelf.

When are we expecting waves 2 and 4 in hand from that updated shipping schedule?
Yeah the biggest thing for me with all these delays, and yet more delays, is that most of wave 3 is now confirmed by Super7 to begin shipping in October!!! I can hardly believe we will actually have more Thundercats figures, and not Mattel redos to boot, soon. Jaga and Slithe will be most welcome additions. Having some more figures in hand before the end of the year will definitely make the wait easier.

As for Cheetara, I don't like having another delay, but that figure they showed was just terrible. There really wasn't much of a choice for Super7. If they sent that figure out there would have been massive backlash, and no amount of token apology items would have helped. The head and hips were KO quality. This was the right call.

As others have said, the problems are not acceptable, but QC suffers when you can't be there personally to supervise. Super7 is stuck having to rely on the factory following instructions and seeing what comes out after the fact. Like any business when management isn't present to supervise things get missed and quality will suffer.

As for wave 2 and 4, I would hazard a guess that Super7 will probably receive them in their warehouse around 60 days after they leave the factory (instead of the usual 24-30). Then they would have to sort and ship. So probably 3 months after those posted dates people will start to see them on their doorsteps.
I'd rather wait and get an awesome figure in hand than it be rushed.

Ah awesome, thanks for the info. That's what I was predicting too, just trying to budget ahead lol.
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Gambitfan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:43 am
canprime wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 am
Gambitfan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 am
So if wave 3 is shipping to use in Oct, we should get these in hand Nov? Can't wait to get more TCats on the shelf.

When are we expecting waves 2 and 4 in hand from that updated shipping schedule?
Yeah the biggest thing for me with all these delays, and yet more delays, is that most of wave 3 is now confirmed by Super7 to begin shipping in October!!! I can hardly believe we will actually have more Thundercats figures, and not Mattel redos to boot, soon. Jaga and Slithe will be most welcome additions. Having some more figures in hand before the end of the year will definitely make the wait easier.

As for Cheetara, I don't like having another delay, but that figure they showed was just terrible. There really wasn't much of a choice for Super7. If they sent that figure out there would have been massive backlash, and no amount of token apology items would have helped. The head and hips were KO quality. This was the right call.

As others have said, the problems are not acceptable, but QC suffers when you can't be there personally to supervise. Super7 is stuck having to rely on the factory following instructions and seeing what comes out after the fact. Like any business when management isn't present to supervise things get missed and quality will suffer.

As for wave 2 and 4, I would hazard a guess that Super7 will probably receive them in their warehouse around 60 days after they leave the factory (instead of the usual 24-30). Then they would have to sort and ship. So probably 3 months after those posted dates people will start to see them on their doorsteps.
I'd rather wait and get an awesome figure in hand than it be rushed.

Ah awesome, thanks for the info. That's what I was predicting too, just trying to budget ahead lol.
I agree with you.

However I wouldn't say anything to do with Super7's Thundercats line would fall under the term "rushed" :mrgreen:
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Amidst all the other S7 delayed e-mails (TMNT, Disney, TCats), I also just got one about Cheetara, who does not have a date like the rest:
We have received updated information regarding the arrival date of one of the items you currently have on Pre-order. Super7 has announced that they did not ship the ThunderCats Ultimates Cheetara with the rest of the Wave 3 figures due to quality issues. They will be reproducing the figure to ship sometime in 2022. As an apology for the unexpected delay, they will be adding an extra head for the Cheetara figure that features glowing eyes as seen when she is "called" by the Sword of Omens in the show.
Of course, now I'm going to have to track down Panthro's, since I wasn't eligible for the bonus, because I didn't order S7's, because I already have Mattel's. Yippee. :|
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:42 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:35 pm
Amidst all the other S7 delayed e-mails (TMNT, Disney, TCats), I also just got one about Cheetara, who does not have a date like the rest:
We have received updated information regarding the arrival date of one of the items you currently have on Pre-order. Super7 has announced that they did not ship the ThunderCats Ultimates Cheetara with the rest of the Wave 3 figures due to quality issues. They will be reproducing the figure to ship sometime in 2022. As an apology for the unexpected delay, they will be adding an extra head for the Cheetara figure that features glowing eyes as seen when she is "called" by the Sword of Omens in the show.
Of course, now I'm going to have to track down Panthro's, since I wasn't eligible for the bonus, because I didn't order S7's, because I already have Mattel's. Yippee. :|
And I just received an email from BBTS that the ThunderTank has been pushed from QTR 1/22 to July/22.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Thundercats just feels cursed. It's just crazy to consider it's history. Mattel couldn't do it. Super7 hasn't been able to deliver anything new yet. They have botched figures and had to send out apology packs. Now more apologies are lined up. They keep on botching stuff, fail to come close to original release dates and at the rate they are going a full team of Thundercats will be released in what...2023?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:21 pm

I was sarcastically "yippee"ing at having to track down the Panthro "cat's call" head. IF I can find one, I don't imagine it being affordable.

Everything Super 7 got delayed, not to mention everything from everyone is suffering.

The pandemic isn't over. A doctor from the World Health Organization talked to my company on a conference call on Friday & said if everyone works together, there is still at least a year left. (And if you live in America, you know there are more people being intentionally difficult, than showing willingness to work together.)

Every website still not only has "there will be shipping delays" warnings up on all of their main & sub pages, but some have even updated those warnings to "shipping's getting worse, sorry."

This is Earth now.

I don't think Thundercats has it any worse than any other franchise at the moment. Super 7 sold plenty of these waves to a lot of people. If they want to remain a company in business, they'll deliver what they sold.

I'm not worried. If anything, I'm grateful for the extra time to save up money.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:07 pm

GAH! My BBTS Slithe just shipped!!!
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Slithe just dropped into my BBTS POL! Is this for real?!?!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Same (dropped into PoL, not shipped). Wut. :shock:
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Slithe is on the way! A nice surprise yeeeesssss?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:40 pm

maverick10126 wrote:Thundercats just feels cursed. It's just crazy to consider it's history. Mattel couldn't do it. Super7 hasn't been able to deliver anything new yet. They have botched figures and had to send out apology packs. Now more apologies are lined up. They keep on botching stuff, fail to come close to original release dates and at the rate they are going a full team of Thundercats will be released in what...2023?
Don’t forget Bandai failing at both 8” and 6”.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm

Holy cow, is this real life?? Slythe is in stock at BBTS? I got nothing in my PoL but him! Wonder if any others will pop in!
fletch137
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

TENIME_art wrote:
That is a surprise. What continent are you on?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Slythe has hit my PoL. BBTS warning about pending arrivals of pre-orders is so hit and miss with me. Sometimes I get the warnings. Sometimes I don't. Thinking of shipping my PoL. I've got 10 items in it. Plenty more due, but I have no idea when the next items will arrive.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:04 pm

fletch137 wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:
That is a surprise. What continent are you on?
North America. Chicagoland suburbs, specifically.

And I seemed like the last person who preordered on BBTS in the thread in the TMNT section to get my Ultimates wave 3, so it's definitely weird to get Slithe, especially after all those delay e-mails for basically everything else S7 I have on preorder, lol.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”