Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Toy Hound
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 am

Not that I would ever expect it to happen, but if Super7 were to start including build a figure parts with the thundercats? I just watched the episode with the rock giant in it and thought that would be a great pack in. I think I’d rather have build a figure parts more then all the accessories that I’ll keep in the box. They could spread the figure out over multiple waves. How many people would of purchased capt. cracker if he had a build a figure part with him?
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 am

And when the BAF pieces show up from different waves the colors won’t match because Super7 has a hard time being consistent. No thanks.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:39 pm

Cheetara delay is officially official. We will get an additional head when she ships. The rest of series 3 will be here soon.

elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:47 pm

Glad they’re going back to the drawing board and fixing her, no way those hips would’ve been acceptable and the apology head with the glowing eyes means they will likely give us glowing eye heads for the rest of the cats. Most likely as additional extras with future characters rather than an extras pack like the MOTUC weapons packs. They are doing the right thing by getting cheetara right rather than just getting her out there.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm

Yes, there is no one on the planet who doesn’t hate the wait (S7 included), but there is no arguing against getting it right, especially at the loss they are likely having to take, at least in part.

Cheetara has to be great. HAS TO BE. The wait will be softened by the arrival of the other waves between now and then.

It is unfortunate, but you can’t deny the commitment.

At any rate SLITHE IS SOON.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:34 pm

Love that we're getting a head with the glowing eyes. Panthro's glowing eyes are great (love the cat-eye detail when it glows.)

Glad to hear official news of this. As long as some figures are trickling in, I'm satisfied. I'd much rather get a better figure later than a rushed figure now.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 pm

Surely it's time to ditch that original factory?
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:10 am

Totally OK with the delay.

Very nice to see we are getting a glowing eye apology head :D

At this rate, it would just be weird if Tygra doesn't get one...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:32 am

I fully and completely respect the decision they made on Cheetara. I'd even go so far as to express my gratitude that they're willing to make the big call when it could make them look bad.
fletch137
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 am

scribb wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 pm
Surely it's time to ditch that original factory?
If I'm not mistaken, this *is* the new factory. The original factory is what had Wave 2 hung up so long.

I'm open for corrections, though.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:12 am

Were the deco changes needed to Slithe done? I.e. His belt and what not? I haven't seen an example that looked correct but apparently its on the boat. Guess we wait for someone around China to show us the production figure as usual.
SuperWeirdo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 am

Instead of S7 “doing the right thing” by delaying and fixing their products, and dragging out their releases forever, I’d rather they just get it right the first time.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:10 am

SuperWeirdo wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 am
Instead of S7 “doing the right thing” by delaying and fixing their products, and dragging out their releases forever, I’d rather they just get it right the first time.
You have to trust the factory to follow the instructions you've given them, but in the current climate most companies don't have someone local to the factories who can check on them as frequently as they had prior to 2020. I believe Boss Fight Studios said recently that they had to have the factory go back and fix things that weren't how they wanted them with some of their figures, so S7 isn't the only one this is happening to.
Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 am

So if wave 3 is shipping to use in Oct, we should get these in hand Nov? Can't wait to get more TCats on the shelf.

When are we expecting waves 2 and 4 in hand from that updated shipping schedule?
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:35 am

Gambitfan wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:44 am
So if wave 3 is shipping to use in Oct, we should get these in hand Nov? Can't wait to get more TCats on the shelf.

When are we expecting waves 2 and 4 in hand from that updated shipping schedule?
Yeah the biggest thing for me with all these delays, and yet more delays, is that most of wave 3 is now confirmed by Super7 to begin shipping in October!!! I can hardly believe we will actually have more Thundercats figures, and not Mattel redos to boot, soon. Jaga and Slithe will be most welcome additions. Having some more figures in hand before the end of the year will definitely make the wait easier.

As for Cheetara, I don't like having another delay, but that figure they showed was just terrible. There really wasn't much of a choice for Super7. If they sent that figure out there would have been massive backlash, and no amount of token apology items would have helped. The head and hips were KO quality. This was the right call.

As others have said, the problems are not acceptable, but QC suffers when you can't be there personally to supervise. Super7 is stuck having to rely on the factory following instructions and seeing what comes out after the fact. Like any business when management isn't present to supervise things get missed and quality will suffer.

As for wave 2 and 4, I would hazard a guess that Super7 will probably receive them in their warehouse around 60 days after they leave the factory (instead of the usual 24-30). Then they would have to sort and ship. So probably 3 months after those posted dates people will start to see them on their doorsteps.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”