Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:59 pm

Hopefully Snarf isn't a full figure, but I'll likely cave and get him even at $55. They all look nice though.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:28 am

Gotta say, I really like the Ratar-O figure and will be very excited to add him to my shelf. The Willa is a bit underwhelming, but she'll work and is a necessary addition. Snarf is going to need to be significantly plused up or come with someone else - Snarfer, a Berbil, something - for me to pay an Ultimates asking price for sure.

Wondering how long until we get confirmation of the full wave contents or a formal announcement. Curious to see where they go and hope they can keep the quality up. After seeing the faces they've done on the Silverhawks figures, I'm nervous about the corners they'll cut to preserve their profit margin at the $55 price tag.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:29 am

If Snarf is a full figure on his own, hopefully he is $34.99 and not $55. No matter what, I must have Snarf to be complete. So, I'm really glad they are making him.

I might get Ratar-O too. But if I do that, I will need Vultureman. I can't decide if I want to just stop at Mumm-Ra in both forms, then Jackalman, Slythe, and Monkian. Or, if I want to add on Vultureman and Ratar-O
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:45 am

Just came in to say: SNARF!!!!!!!!

Carry on...
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:50 am

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:29 am
If Snarf is a full figure on his own, hopefully he is $34.99 and not $55. No matter what, I must have Snarf to be complete. So, I'm really glad they are making him.

I might get Ratar-O too. But if I do that, I will need Vultureman. I can't decide if I want to just stop at Mumm-Ra in both forms, then Jackalman, Slythe, and Monkian. Or, if I want to add on Vultureman and Ratar-O
Come on man... Can't say no to Ratar-O!
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:56 am

Not exactly excited if I end up paying regular price on Snarf but he will finish what I consider to be the essential cat lineup. I'm kind of behind on my purchases but still splurge on the occasional figure from EE or BBTS when finances line up. Ratar-O is a must have. Willa probably eventually but not a priority.

Oh, and hey look, another King Diamond :?
Jett
HULK SMASH!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:44 pm

Man, they are seriously going to drag this out with releasing the kittens aren't they? Every time I see another wave released and no kittens I worry about completing the core team. I don't want this line to die off or something happen to the license before I can get Kit and Kat on my shelf. Come on Super7 please get them in to the line sooner than later or if not just announce you aren't making them so I can go eat ebay costs on the old ones and be done with it.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:01 pm

Jett wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:44 pm
Man, they are seriously going to drag this out with releasing the kittens aren't they? Every time I see another wave released and no kittens I worry about completing the core team. I don't want this line to die off or something happen to the license before I can get Kit and Kat on my shelf. Come on Super7 please get them in to the line sooner than later or if not just announce you aren't making them so I can go eat ebay costs on the old ones and be done with it.

Oh man... I dawned on me that just to troll those customers like you who have been waiting for Kit and Kat, Super7 is going to announce the Thunder kittens and then show figures based on these iconic episode 1 looks

Wave 8 confirmed... all naked space cats, and Chilla
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:19 pm

Me when I was a kid watching a cartoon and realizing the main female character was naked for the first half of it:
Attachments
smile-creepy-smile.gif
smile-creepy-smile.gif (427.09 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:28 pm

Those "naked" cat looks crack me up for SO many reasons.

1. Why do Panthro and Cheetarah have belts on? They aren't holding anything up and they aren't wearing anything else... If they are functional... or even ceremonial, why didn't Tygra get one?

2. Why do they all have thigh cuts at the junction of their legs to their torsos? Is it so they could simulate leotards for the censors? There's no corresponding cuts around the shoulders or neck, though.... it's strange.

3. Are they all wearing boots - despite being naked? Or does each of their fur really have sharp color demarcations at the mid calf?

These are questions that have haunted me for 35 years...
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:54 pm

Question for the ages, dude. Like why do the Cybertron version of the G1 animated characters have bodies and kibble for Earth based alt-modes!?
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:00 am

had to look up snarf since you guys dont post any pics. he looks real good, will get him for sure. will also get Willa, shes a must have since no one makes indigenous female figures
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:46 am

Fictigeonous… I guess
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Mongor in 7.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:18 pm

VeeBee wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Mongor in 7.
MONGOR!!!!!!

That is some great news!!!

Thanks for the update.

The question now... is this going to be a straight across the board $55US a figure wave? Which would mean that Snarf as a smaller figure is going to be $55, but the offset is that Mongor as a larger figure will be $55 as well.

Or will Snarf be packed out with a ton of stuff to try and justify the $55 price, and Mongor will be $75-$85 as a bigger figure?

I highly doubt that Snarf will be cheaper than $55 because I don't believe Super7 wants to go down the road of Ultimate figures being cheaper based on size. More expensive based on size? Well sure they have already done that, but going cheaper is not something I think they want to do with the figures. Of course that is discounting Mon*Star's Throne which was cheaper ($45), but even Brian admitted that it would have been difficult to justify $55 for just a throne.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”