Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Lasastard
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 am

VeeBee wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:18 pm
They will continue on past wave 6.
Well, I guess it's possible. Makes you wonder tho if they have already started production on wave 5, or if they will really wait until the pre-order to kick off that process. If so, man that will be a long long wait again.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Lasastard wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:03 pm
With the amount of stuff S7 has in the pipeline and seeing how troubled their Thundercats line has been, I would be surprised if they carried on beyond wave 6. By that point they should have released all the cats and a considerable amount of bad guys. After that, I imagine the interest will drop substantially to a point where there won't be much profit in it for them (I know I won't buy third-tier characters for 55 bucks...).
If I'm remembering correctly, I think they said they were already planning out Wave 9 during one of the interviews. Who knows if those plans have changed, but I think that's an easy possibility. They still have the cubs to get to, Bengali and a few mutants, Berserkers, Lunataks, and several fan favorite characters (Snarf, Snarfer, Hatchiman, Mandora, Berbils, Mongor, etc.). Not to mention toy repaint variants of characters like Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. With the added steam of the ThunderCats movie script in development, and with these figures using a made-to-order approach, I doubt we've seen even half of the line so far.
The Lunataks were a favorite of mine as a kid. It was a nice break from Mumm-Ra being the only big villain. I'd love to get the Lunataks in this line!

Mandora would be amazing too, with OT without the bike. Either way, I just want her on the shelf.

I wouldn't argue over a Mumm-Ra The All Powerful, either...he only showed up a few times, but he was buffer, taller, and scarier than Ever Living. So that would be a cool "we've run out of characters" option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Chooch wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 am
Yep, just seems like he has a deeper connection to Super 7 than other companies. I was curious if it was enthusiasm or something else.
I think it's just a function of access. Brian is eager to share info so talks to Veebs regularly. Reps from the other companies don't make themselves as available for brief interviews like these as often.
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:15 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:38 pm
Chooch wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 am
Yep, just seems like he has a deeper connection to Super 7 than other companies. I was curious if it was enthusiasm or something else.
I think it's just a function of access. Brian is eager to share info so talks to Veebs regularly. Reps from the other companies don't make themselves as available for brief interviews like these as often.
That's good to hear. The prices are off-putting, but communicative owners are a strong selling point. That may tip my wallet their way.
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:12 pm

Whelp, I took the leap and Pre-ordered the Wave 2 figs I didn't get from Mattel as well as 3, 4, and Silverhawks Wave 1. Fingers crossed that new job comes through!
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:15 am

Chooch wrote:
Whelp, I took the leap and Pre-ordered the Wave 2 figs I didn't get from Mattel as well as 3, 4, and Silverhawks Wave 1. Fingers crossed that new job comes through!
Good luck with the job! I prepared for these by selling two shelves of Marvel trade paperbacks I didn't want anymore. I did so well with them on ebay that I can go 40 figures deep into this line!
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:22 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Chooch wrote:
Good luck with the job! I prepared for these by selling two shelves of Marvel trade paperbacks I didn't want anymore. I did so well with them on ebay that I can go 40 figures deep into this line!
Interesting. I didn't think there was much of a market for Marvel and DC TPBs now that the unlimited subscriotions are out. Did you ebay?
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 pm

Chooch wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:22 am
Rex Mason wrote:
Chooch wrote:
Interesting. I didn't think there was much of a market for Marvel and DC TPBs now that the unlimited subscriotions are out. Did you ebay?
Yep. I think it's because Marvel doesn't keep anything in print, and there's a whole new generation of collectors that still wants a physical copy, but wants it on their bookshelf rather than in a comic box. My Marvel collection is all in trades, and I'd bought the majority of them at conventions and such in $5 boxes. So I had good luck selling them at a very small profit, selling three or four trades in a group lot for $30, etc. Every once in a while, I'd sell a rarer book for a higher price point, but I averaged about $10 for each trade. So it's not the best method to sell trades you bought at full price...
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:19 am

With the 3rd Turtles wave starting to ship, I have to image Thundercats cannot be far behind, considering we've already seen packaged shots of Captain Cracker & Slithe.
Optimuslivs4evr
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:48 am

I wonder if we'll see package shots of Cheetara or if it'll be like the April fig and the first images we get of the finished product will be in collectors hands.
Lasastard
Customized

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 am

It's a bit irritating how S7 chooses to communicate about these on-going preorders... but yea, should be around the corner now, theoretically. Assuming they didn't have to re-engineer Cheetara after the obvious problems with the hips that the test shot showed a few months ago. I swear, if that problem persists in the final production piece.... :rolleyes:
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Chooch wrote:
That didn't work out so I had to cancel my pre-orders. I hope this works out for all of you though and look forward to pics.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:00 am

Chooch wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:44 pm
Chooch wrote:
That didn't work out so I had to cancel my pre-orders. I hope this works out for all of you though and look forward to pics.
Sorry to hear that. Hope something better comes along!
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:32 am

Thanks. Now I have the Rowlf/Kermit duet stuck in my head. :D
Toy Hound
HULK SMASH!

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 am

So with the probability that the next wave will go up for preorder in the next month or so and the hint of a large accessory, who do you think it is? In a recent interview, it doesn’t sound like mandora, so I’m thinking the accessory is either snarf or hammer hand. I leaning towards hammer hand, early show had the smaller silver arm and then other episodes had had the larger arm. Maybe it will have arms you can swap out, depending on how you want to display…. Or it’s Luna and what’s the guys name.. ugg mug?

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”