McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:10 pm

I think it's still the closest they've done to a classic Spawn, right? Not counting the kickstater which I wasn't gonna pay for. I might pick it up.
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:21 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:07 pm
NEW BATMAN wrote:Shadow of spawn aka classic spawn
Eh semi classic. It still has the incorrect big boot and gauntlet. There is a way in the base game to remove those gear pieces to have the complete classic costume but you have to earn them in the classic tower matches. However I suspect that McFarlane Toys intends to save that release for their Spawn universe toyline. It’s too easy to not make the attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, semi-accurate. Even the skulls on the cape are from the newer version (reuse) instead of the classic skulls like his belt.

I’d fully expect Todd to do a proper classic Spawn in his Spawn line eventually.

Not bad figures but… *Sigh* another Spawn, a Batman, and an acid-trip Kabal recolor in a Mortal Kombat 11 line feels misplaced. We haven’t seen a single female character since Kitana. No Sonya, Cassie, Sindel, D’vorah, Jade, Jacqui, Skarlet, Sheeva, Frost, Cetrion, Kronika, or Mileena.

Beyond them, still no Kano, Kung Lao, Geras, Rain, Shang, or Kollector either.

I refuse to accept that Nightwolf and Baraka would sell more than Mileena. I’ve seen her fans online. They’re insane and voracious.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:42 pm

Yeah I totally get people don’t want this spawn for the mortal kombat line but yeah I really want it
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:14 am

I saw kitana in store recently and she looked fantastic.

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:24 am

Mixed feelings with that Shadow Spawn, face looks off, liking better the face on my 1st release spawn.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:22 pm

in hand review of the new batman who laughs and shadow spawn.
https://youtu.be/tAG0iLOzBnI
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:51 pm

I have the Shadow Spawn pre-ordered. What's the cheapest Spawn figure that comes with that green effect piece? I wanna get as close to the Spawn #1 cover as I can.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:30 pm

I would assume Commando, but they're not like that cover. They're like...horizontal swords, if that makes sense?

I have my Throne Spawn's arms down at his sides, and I put them in his hands "backwards," which makes them point upward like flame would.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:42 pm

I use a green marvel legends effect on top of the green ones from commando

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:36 pm

seditionary wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:14 am
I saw kitana in store recently and she looked fantastic.

Apologies for quoting you a month later, but just today, I saw Kitana at a Walgreens I hadn't been in for several months. I thought she looked great and bought her. I vaguely remembered seeing pictures of the two versions of her, but couldn't remember how far back she was released. I was surprised to find YouTube reviews from two years ago! I can't believe I never came across this figure before today.
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:50 pm

My Spawn was delivered yesterday and I have not opened it but I watched Robo's review. I think this was the Spawn I was waiting for even more so than Garbage Throne Spawn. Todd really is a mystery. Why release sucha perfect Spawn in a video game line as opposed to the Spawn proper line where he could be kitted out with Spawn related extras? The chains look cheesy but I'll be getting a cloth cape and and chain set as well as some custom 1/12 scale chains I bought years ago to take care of that. I think without the boot and glove this might have been the best ever, including the Kickstarter Spawn who should have been the best ever but due to Tods's insistance on including a preposed torso and plastic slab shaped somewhat like a cape (which he made virtually impossible to remove) he falls short. I think I'm good until a Japanese third party company makes a bootleg cloth suit Spawn. Is Redeemer in this game? That might be the only way to get a good 90's Anti-Spawn Redeemer.
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:51 pm
I have the Shadow Spawn pre-ordered. What's the cheapest Spawn figure that comes with that green effect piece? I wanna get as close to the Spawn #1 cover as I can.

Malefik Spawn comes with the green effects and he is $17.99 currently on Amazon. You might also like the figure (as I do). I think I'll hold out for an even lower price he doen't look like he'l sell out.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:39 pm

Thanks. I feel like I have to give him something too, since he has a gripping hand with nothing to grip.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:46 pm

vs Throne Spawn

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”