JazWares 18th Halo

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: JazWares 18th Halo

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:37 pm

I really hope that Jazwares finds better distribution for these. I only saw wave 4 ONCE, and now wave 5 is getting skipped.

I encourage people to reach out to BBTS and express interest in seeing them carry the line. Seriously-- I shot them an email a few weeks back and they stated that, if there is enough interest, they would pursue it.

[email protected]
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:52 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:37 pm
I really hope that Jazwares finds better distribution for these. I only saw wave 4 ONCE, and now wave 5 is getting skipped.

I encourage people to reach out to BBTS and express interest in seeing them carry the line. Seriously-- I shot them an email a few weeks back and they stated that, if there is enough interest, they would pursue it.

[email protected]
Will do.
slim19722
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 pm

I picked up the Anniversary 4pk on clearance for $20 at Target.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 pm

Found wave 6 at Target today, thanks for the heads up that theyre showing up Ash. I absolutely love them, they look beautiful in hand.

Im gonna need a bunch more of these marines!

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:05 am

Glad you found them. I went back to the same store and found the Marine.

Atriox has some faults. Right elbow is restricted due to sculpt. Handle of hammer is too thin, so you have to shove it up till the loop wedges into hand to help secure it. Head doesn’t really turn left/right much.

Marine has soft ratchets in elbows, which don’t feel as secure as previous Marines. Torso articulation doesn’t do much (a general problem with Jazwares engineering for the brand).

Haven’t opened up the other three yet. Not sure I’ll keep the Anubis as it doesn’t do much for me.

Oh one other thing. No more stands for these figures. Not sure if the 2pks will have them included. But wave 6 doesn’t have stands.
BizarroMort
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:08 am

slim19722 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 pm
I picked up the Anniversary 4pk on clearance for $20 at Target.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I was able to finally grab a set.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:17 am

Still nothing at my local Targets, but they usually get this stuff months after y'all post any sightings anyways. Bummer about the stands, but I think I have around 50 of them at this point, so i should be alright if they drop them from here on out.

I talked to BBTS and they said it should only be a matter of time before they start carrying this line, they are apparently waiting for official solicits for this line from Jazwares.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:55 am

Just opened the Skirmisher. He comes with a stand. So it seems only characters who really need them come with them. I have plenty of extras as well. Will just kinda stink if they cut them out entirely.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:32 pm

Yeah, the lack of stands is a bit of a bummer. I really like the Halo stands. I noticed Jazzwares stopped including stands with their Fortnite figures too.

I have a bunch extras as well, so no biggie. And I still feel that we’re getting a great deal at 9.99 for these figures.
BizarroMort
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:15 am

I honestly think the Stands that have come with these figures are some of the best stands I've ever had. They feature two pegs for extra stability, are a good size without taking up too much real-estate, not too tall, interlockable for extra options with display setups, they are great. They even work well with some larger scale figures from other lines. My only real gripe is the different colors of them, so they don't always match. But I just spray paint them all gray and now I have a uniform look to them all. I've gone out of my way to pick up a bunch of extra sets of just the stands on ebay. It will be a bummer if they stop including them with all figures, but I suppose it was too good to be true that they would continue to include things at the low price point they are at.
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:46 pm

I've sent an email to BBTS as well, hopefully they're able to offer Wave 5 (if retail isn't going to be getting it). There's a lot of international collects on the Halo Action Figures subreddit that would love to have an online option.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:54 pm

Any pics of that Marine with other line's 18th dudes? I'm liking the slimmer hips he has over the womanly ODSTs.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:25 am

AdrienVeidt wrote:Any pics of that Marine with other line's 18th dudes? I'm liking the slimmer hips he has over the womanly ODSTs.
Here’s a shot of him next to a few other different line’s figures. He’s a bit in the smaller side, but still works just fine mixed in I think.

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:19 pm

Gracias, brother. I agree he looks fine with the line-up, although I might swap in an MTF head if I can. With the helmet taken into accout that head is inhumanly too-small proportioned, imho.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:25 am
AdrienVeidt wrote:Any pics of that Marine with other line's 18th dudes? I'm liking the slimmer hips he has over the womanly ODSTs.
Here’s a shot of him next to a few other different line’s figures. He’s a bit in the smaller side, but still works just fine mixed in I think.

The Cobra Commander build is a bit on the tall side, IMHO. He scales well with the others which is a good thing. IF I can ever find this wave I'm going to have to snag a few of these guys.

If only we could preorder them online somewhere.

(Everyone email [email protected] and let them know there's a demand!)

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”