McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 pm

Those would be so valuable for them to make. Add a new head, effects, hands and same body repainted like 8 times.
Id literally buy all of them. I wonder if they will get there eventually? Didn’t he also announce the new movie?

I do like some of the new designs. Im sorta supplementing those in with my storm collection for characters Im not huge on. Kabal for instance is a sick figure by McFarlane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 pm

seditionary wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:58 pm
Those would be so valuable for them to make. Add a new head, effects, hands and same body repainted like 8 times.
Id literally buy all of them. I wonder if they will get there eventually? Didn’t he also announce the new movie?

I do like some of the new designs. Im sorta supplementing those in with my storm collection for characters Im not huge on. Kabal for instance is a sick figure by McFarlane

Kabal and the new Spawn guy Soul Crusher look like they both hang out in the same post-apocalypse universe.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 4:56 pm

Deckard wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:38 am
Mcfarlane rep at NYCC or Toyfair before covid said Mcfarlane could make designs from all the games. I'm sure its WB pushing the new designs.
My theory will always be McFarlane doesn’t care about Mortal Kombat in the least, and this was just a vehicle to get Spawn back to retail, prove it could still sell, then use that to get a Spawn line back on the shelves.

I feel like whatever he’s putting out is just contractual obligation, which is why he just dribbles out two figure waves every six months and doesn’t bother to ever talk about them personally.

I’d be surprised if WB is so hands on with figure selection for a game that’s years old, because I doubt they would mandate McFarlane to make Nightwolf of all people or a second Baraka, who was barely important to the story.

Otherwise there is no reason why McFarlane doesn’t just pop out ninjas all day. Tons of alternate costumes to reuse the same bodies over and over again. Jade, Mileena, and Skarlet from Kitana are right there.

Even just doing a Scorpion Vs. Subzero two pack where it’s repacked figures would sell given their eBay prices.

I dunno, this line frustrates me. Glad we have Storm but they don’t touch MK11, and there were so many characters from this game I wish McFarlane would make that weren’t in older games.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:40 pm

Yeah, This line is sorta a slow frustrating pace. It seems to sell pretty well from what I notice. And I do think it was a Spawn showcase a bit, alongside the kickstarter. My hope is with the new movie they will step on the gas.
Seems like WB and McF have a pretty good working relationship so far.

dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 am

It’s the 3rd Baraka =)
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 3:50 am

3rd? any pics?
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:55 am

First was regular
Second was bloody
3rd is
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09M51KW ... prod_image
Although he looks very similar to the first release
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:04 am

thanks hunter
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Just in case there was any doubt in your mind, yes, Commando Spawn's pistol is indeed molded into the holster. I really hate that sort of thing so I'll likely slice the whole thing off. Seems less radical than cancelling my pre-order over it, which is my knee-jerk reaction.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”