Super7 Transformers ULTIMATES!!!!

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Super7 Transformers ULTIMATES!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Yeah, I’m hoping there’s some junkion mix and match potential! G2 megs I’m most looking forward to seeing I think. I’m hoping his design allows for better hip articulation than most of what they’ve done so far.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Just thinking out loud here, but I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order. I wasn't going to go all in on this line anyway, just wanted Optimus Prime. And the MDLX version looks much better to me. It's a little more expensive, but for a 7" scale non-transforming Optimus, I think the MDLX is the way to go. But I do really like the toy head they're including with the Ultimates with the yellow eyes... It doesn't come out until like March, I still have a few months to decide.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:45 pm

wave 3 pics are up now on s7 site.

https://preorder.super7store.com/collec ... -3-figures
enjoy till the mod change this.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Man, I was considering Tarn when he was announced but that design is SO blocky I don't think it has any place on my shelf. But Alligatorcon is definitely getting pre-ordered. I mean, who can pass up a robot alligator? Not this guy.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:21 pm

I wonder if Tarn will be big enough to match War for Cybertron style figures. If yes, then he’s a must-have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:09 am

Cool looking Wave, but none for me this time. For Super7 Transformers Ultimates, I'm trying to just get the main cast of Autobots and Decepticons from the 1984 cartoon, and cherry picking certain favorite characters from the cartoon as well, that weren't necessarily "main" characters.

So, it's nice there is a wave where I get a break.

My favorites out of this wave though are definitely Alligaticon and G2 Megatron. They both look awesome.
MJ Tanner
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:34 am

Tarn was the only one I'm slightly interested in....and I'm still slightly interested.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 am

Not interested in this wave at all. They look cool, but none need to be in my collection.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:13 am

I cannot express how much joy the toy heads on these give me - love the one on wreck gar. Having said that, I REALLY do wish there was a bit more emphasis on articulation. I know the thing with ultimates is the sculpt, but the limiting hip skirts and (depending on the figure) occasional limited elbows, shoulders and ankles is a bit of a killer for me. And I think there are potential solutions to those things that don’t break up the sculpt too much. Again, I know the emphasis on ultimates doesn’t swing that way, but these are so close to my dream line otherwise that I find it a bit of a bummer.

If they continue to put these out and eventually want to come back to op and Meg again, I’d LOVE a ‘toy accurate’ version of those, weird proportions and all. Use their silver hawks style faux vac metal ish paint etc. I love that early supporting media when artists would often draw on the toys (the ladybird books for example).
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:46 pm

Avon wrote:
If they continue to put these out and eventually want to come back to op and Meg again, I’d LOVE a ‘toy accurate’ version of those, weird proportions and all. Use their silver hawks style faux vac metal ish paint etc. I love that early supporting media when artists would often draw on the toys (the ladybird books for example).
I'd love Hasbro themselves to try a line similar to MOTU Origins - the original G1 toy designs, but super-articulated. At least do, like, an SDCC exclusive trial run with Optimus...
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Avon wrote:
I'd love Hasbro themselves to try a line similar to MOTU Origins - the original G1 toy designs, but super-articulated. At least do, like, an SDCC exclusive trial run with Optimus...
Can I get from this fictional Hasbro G1 super articulate line, an Arcee in G1 vintage style? Maybe a little bigger than Wheelie. And an oversized Springer that’s at least taller than G1 Blurr, maybe Optimus height. Please and thank you.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 pm

NORM wrote:
Poe Ghostal wrote:
Avon wrote:
Can I get from this fictional Hasbro G1 super articulate line, an Arcee in G1 vintage style? Maybe a little bigger than Wheelie. And an oversized Springer that’s at least taller than G1 Blurr, maybe Optimus height. Please and thank you.
When I brought up the idea of "super-articulated G1-style figures" on another forum, one commenter said that was basically what Generations is. And I understood his point, even if it wasn't exactly what I meant or wanted. That said, the WFC/SS86 lines do provide the scale you're asking about. Springer is Optimus-height and taller than Blurr, Arcee is just a little bigger than Wheelie, etc.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:39 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:24 pm
NORM wrote:
Poe Ghostal wrote:

When I brought up the idea of "super-articulated G1-style figures" on another forum, one commenter said that was basically what Generations is. And I understood his point, even if it wasn't exactly what I meant or wanted. That said, the WFC/SS86 lines do provide the scale you're asking about. Springer is Optimus-height and taller than Blurr, Arcee is just a little bigger than Wheelie, etc.
Yeah... But I think you and I are talking about something else. At least I'm talking about the original G1 toys, not figures done based on G1 animation models. Retro, vintage, whatever you wanna call it. I want an Arcee done in the same style to supplement my original vintage G1 collection (or the reissues that supplement that collection). I want a Springer that's not shorter than G1 Hot Rod and Kup. And I want them to incorporate new joints so they can actually pose and aren't just bricks. The articulation thing actually isn't a priority for me. But I've been wanting that Arcee and Springer five eva.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Yes! Love this idea too! Interesting to see there’s a few variants on the basic want for ‘g1 toys redux’ - non transforming or transforming, modern articulation or not and ‘correct’ scale.

Did you guys ever come across the Fansproject Glacialord? It was a third party ‘g1’ style combiner, with lots of great callback packaging (like a sticker book etc). Another fun riff on g1 toys.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”