Threezero MDX

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
piggyv01
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Threezero MDX

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:31 am

How about them Threezero MDX figures? Pretty cool. Threezero detail in 4.5-7 inch, affordable figures.
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Threezero MDX

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:45 pm

I think it looks super cool, I think they showed off an Optimus too.
Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:15 pm

There’s more pics of op out now (eg on tfw2005), and I think megs and rodimus have some art teasers? I’m pretty tempted to pick one up, but not sure op or bee don’t enough for me at the mo. Very looking forward to seeing reviews when they come though.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:05 pm

I'm 100% into these. I've loved what they've done with the movie stuff so doing even more affordable versions at the level of quality they already product is awesome. Definitely the Transformers product I'm most excited about these days.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:14 pm

I have the Super7 Ultimate on pre-order, thinking that would be the best option for a non-transforming Optimus Prime. But man, this Threezero looks better in just about every way.

Image Image
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:30 pm

It looks rad. Classic high end pelvic thrust action. I could be swayed depending on price and availability, at least for Optimus and Megatron.
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Optimus is up on BBTS for 80 dollars
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 pm

I just pre-ordered Optimus. This'll be my first Threezero figure, hope it's worth the money.
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Threezero MDX

Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 am

Handsome wrote:I just pre-ordered Optimus. This'll be my first Threezero figure, hope it's worth the money.
IMO, it’s the best cost benefit in the hobby. Definitely my favourite manufacturer.

I have 4 Transformers DLX and 2 Evangelion Robo-Dou, amazing engineering. Check Robo’s review of the DLX Bumblebee’s Optimus Prime, you will be amazed.

I still can’t believe that their Hulkbuster is about half the price of the competition.

The only reason I’m not all over this MDLX is my reluctance in starting another Transformers collection in a different scale (were these DLX scale, I would definitely get them).

I know there aren’t many options for expanding the Bumblebee movie DLX line, but I would love a few more characters (Shatter and Dropkick are important characters in the movie, also, in minor appearances, Shockwave, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Arcee, Brawn, Starscream and the other seekers), or even some original concepts in that aesthetic.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:33 am

I don’t collect any ThreeZero, I don’t know anything about their offerings. What’s the difference between DLX and MDLX in terms of scale, quality, price, etc? Do any of their figures scale with any scale of official TFs from Hasbro or Takara?
yorick_skirata
HULK SMASH!

Threezero MDX

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:15 pm

NORM wrote:I don’t collect any ThreeZero, I don’t know anything about their offerings. What’s the difference between DLX and MDLX in terms of scale, quality, price, etc? Do any of their figures scale with any scale of official TFs from Hasbro or Takara?
I don’t collect any other transformers line, so I can’t compare to Hasbro or Takara.

Since no MDLX was released, we can’t talk about their quality for sure, but from what I read, they are supposed to be the same quality as DLX. If so, excellent, IMO.

For comparison, I’ll take Optimus Prime at BBTS:

DLX: 11.20 inches (28.45cm) - $209.99 (sold out atm).

MDLX: 7.01 inches (17.8cm) - $79.99.

I’m almost pulling the trigger in the MDLX as well.
SuperWeirdo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:21 pm

These look super dope. I personally do not find any joy in actually transforming a Transformer, so for me non-transforming Transformers are perfect. Three Zero’s products are amazing, so I’m sure these figures will be too. I’m in.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:45 pm

I just discovered this on HasbroPulse when pre-ordering some Legacy stuff a few weeks back. Haven't ordered it yet, but this will be my first ThreeZero purchase and I'm very excited. I normally don't do non-transforming Transformers whatsoever, but got a R.E.D. figure and this is too cool to pass up given the scale and price. I'm in :)
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:14 am

NORM wrote:I don’t collect any ThreeZero, I don’t know anything about their offerings. What’s the difference between DLX and MDLX in terms of scale, quality, price, etc? Do any of their figures scale with any scale of official TFs from Hasbro or Takara?
DLX range from 10 to 12 inches. The movie stuff leans closer to 12. Bumblebee movie Bee, Prime and Soundwave are currently sitting in my POL so I can’t help with pics, but recently got Seige Prime, Megs and Nemesis and I absolutely love them. They are a mix of plastic and some die cast. They also hover around the $200 mark. These guys might scale with Masterpiece but I don’t own any so I can’t say. I will say these are my favorite figures now and I plan to get the Dark of Moon Optimus and Bee as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:04 pm

I was that putz that thought there was no place for non-transforming TFs in my collection. Then I bought a few Earthrise and Studio Series figures that were never transformed (and they felt kinda cheap, so they were sold). Clearly non-transforming Transformers weren't actually a problem. But alas, where would I find a cool Optimus?

I don't like slavish cartoon looks, so Super7 was out, and haven't even collected MPs since they became cartoon accurate.

Then I started researching ThreeZero TFs. They looked phenomenal! That, along with what people said about the quality of ThreeZero figures, had me thinking they'd be perfect at more of an action-figure size. Then they showed the MDLX Bumblebee. And Prime. And line art for Megs and Roddy. So yeah, I'm sold. On the whole MDLX TF line.

Man, I can't wait to shoot Megs and Prime facing off!

Have fun, all!

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”

Recent Topics