Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
W.O.M.
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Ok ok THAT was my last attempt just now. Was able to add to cart and within one second it sold out. So fast that my order with an item went through before I could stop it.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:04 pm

W.O.M. wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm
Lol, same. I need to let it go for right now. I happened to be on my phone at 5 am this morning when the notification came through and saw that there were 9 in stock and I still couldn't add to cart. Just not meant to be for right now I guess, and I think maybe that I just want a new Revelations figure fix in general.

So if I can get my hands on wave 2 soon, I won't be as focused on getting a Faker. At this point I'll probably have a better chance of lucking into one in-store.
Me too. Missed out on scareglow or that woulda been my fix. BBTS has been really slow. Might have to start looking elsewhere
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 pm

After missing on all the rather ironic Faker in-stock alerts overnight (and the night before ...) I just grabbed a set at Target in Buffalo. Really wanted to get a hold of this before they figured out the price discrepancy with the app. It's already gone up in price in store to $31.99 or $32.99. As usual, there's no issue with the price match to the app.

None of the 8 regional stores that pop up in the app have had any stock till the latest alert at 11:09 a.m. when the closest store all of a sudden showed "limited stock." Had to get a couple things anyway so took a quick swing out there and they had three sets on the shelf. Was very glad to turn off the alert.

Also, can confirm that Brickseek doesn't appear to be working with the set.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Popfinr may be working using Faker's TCIN ( 81959444) . Two stores in my search have one each, while the app shows out of stock.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:55 pm

W.O.M. wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm
Lol, same. I need to let it go for right now. I happened to be on my phone at 5 am this morning when the notification came through and saw that there were 9 in stock and I still couldn't add to cart. Just not meant to be for right now I guess, and I think maybe that I just want a new Revelations figure fix in general.

So if I can get my hands on wave 2 soon, I won't be as focused on getting a Faker. At this point I'll probably have a better chance of lucking into one in-store.
Lol me too
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:26 am

So I tried Shock Oil for the first time in my life, but Skeletor's right hip still seems unable to close all of the way into the thigh so it always looks like he's leaning left. On He-Man it kind of feels like the ball joint goes up when you close the legs and Skelly's just doesn't do that. Anyone else experiencing something similar?
sandman21xxi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:35 pm

I kinda like this look for this body, I know I’ve seen someone try it before, skin doesn’t match completely but Im ok with it! Waiting to see how the windswept vintage from the 2pack looks on it ( I don’t have that set …)

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 pm

The app doesn't seem to be entirely accurate with regards to Faker. It said there weren't any in stock in any of my local stores, but I stopped at one on the way home from running errands and there were 3 on the shelf.

He's going to get the sword Skelegod came with so he and He-Man can duel. He might also get a little extra details to his burned flesh areas.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 am

My Faker arrived from the app. Not bad, but still pretty familiar thanks to the reuse. The sculpted torn skin is an excellent touch. The heads are all small, seem even smaller than He-Man’s. I’m using the half torn face. Faker will keep the He-Man armor, but I might use the orange Faker armor on a Classics Faker I put together.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:47 am

Check popfinder. If 1 shows up it means they got a case in. Was thrilled to walk into target and see faker there waiting. Thrilled to have a new he man master verse figure. Target still is blah
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:55 am

When I found Faker in store, the app said there were ZERO in stock, but I was staring at 3 on the shelf. I wouldn't rely on the app for accurate store stock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:55 am
When I found Faker in store, the app said there were ZERO in stock, but I was staring at 3 on the shelf. I wouldn't rely on the app for accurate store stock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
True it’s been hit and miss
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:49 am

Man, I am jonesing for a new Masterverse figure. I have Wave 2 Spikor, Man At Arms, and Beast Man pre ordered at BBTS. So, hopefully they will come in soon. And then I can't seem to find Faker yet on Target's site or in person.

I want some new product. I'm excited about this line. I'm even more excited about next year when those New Eternia figures start coming out.

But there is so much cool stuff scheduled for this year, and I want some now lol.

The only figures in Masterverse I am skipping so far are
Deluxe Skelegod (just don't like the look).
Wave 2 Teela (I want the more Classic version coming later).
Wave 3 Andra (just doesn't feel like the figure fits in with the rest of my MOTU toys, plus I didn't love the character on the show. Didn't hate her either, just don't need a toy of her).

Everything else seems pretty great. I did get my deluxe SDCC Scareglow the other day. And Holy S*** this piece is amazing. Way too cool to take out of the box though. Even though it's made to be taken out and put back in, it just displays so great in the packaging. So, I am glad Scareglow is getting another release in Wave 3.
Noodlechow
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:57 am

Super Camel wrote:
Man, I am jonesing for a new Masterverse figure.
Same. Just picked up Moss Man on a whim and have a Faker coming in next month. I cannot wait for that Classic Teela. Been hoping for a solidly articulated He-Man line so this is ticking all the boxes for me. Even figures I wouldn't normally pick up like Spikor I'll prolly end up getting just to buy.
Jd1000
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am

Noodlechow wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:57 am
Super Camel wrote:
Man, I am jonesing for a new Masterverse figure.
Same. Just picked up Moss Man on a whim and have a Faker coming in next month. I cannot wait for that Classic Teela. Been hoping for a solidly articulated He-Man line so this is ticking all the boxes for me. Even figures I wouldn't normally pick up like Spikor I'll prolly end up getting just to buy.
Right there with you guys. I almost broke down and got scareglow off Mercari but decided I can just wait for the re release and save about $70. Bbts has been slow lately. Really can’t wait for wave two. I was lucky enough to get faker. I’m assuming he’ll be out readily soon including Walmart. This has been such a fun line to collect, I’m actually considering selling some of my mythic legions:)...uh oh.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”