Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat May 28, 2022 3:58 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:23 pm
If you got Kol Darr, your breakfast would have gotten Cold Arr.
Bada-bump...... :lol:

I Wundar when Mattel Creations will put up Wundar for order.

Thank you goodnight, I'll show myself out, don't forget to tip your waitress... :D
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat May 28, 2022 5:24 pm

canprime wrote:
NORM wrote:

Thank you goodnight, I'll show myself out, don't forget to tip your waitress... :D
I think I speak for everyone when I say you are no longer welcome here.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 3:53 am

I'm a bit surprised so many people are excited for Wundar, but we're lukewarm on Kol Dar.

I guess for me it came down to aesthetics and not history, but I love the yellow viking look. Wundar is a less cool he-man in my eyes.

I guess no matter which you prefer, it's great we're getting this stuff. I'm super pumped for some of those snake people on the Kil Dar card.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 29, 2022 11:36 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:24 pm
canprime wrote:
NORM wrote:

I think I speak for everyone when I say you are no longer welcome here.

Well let me tip my hat to you sir and make a graceful exit, a la Jerry Lewis.... :D (HEY LADY!!!)
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 29, 2022 11:40 am

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:53 am
I'm a bit surprised so many people are excited for Wundar, but we're lukewarm on Kol Dar.

I guess for me it came down to aesthetics and not history, but I love the yellow viking look. Wundar is a less cool he-man in my eyes.

I guess no matter which you prefer, it's great we're getting this stuff. I'm super pumped for some of those snake people on the Kil Dar card.
Yeah I agree that Kol Dar is the better looking figure just because of the helmet and gold trim.

However Wundar has a more oversized presence in the fandom and I think many people, myself included, never had him so to get a shot at him in a similar form to the original is great. Now I just hope I can get him when the time comes. I lucked out with Kol Dar so fingers crossed.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun May 29, 2022 6:55 pm

canprime wrote: Well let me tip my hat to you sir and make a graceful exit, a la Jerry Lewis.... :D (HEY LADY!!!)
:lol: :lol:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote: I'm a bit surprised so many people are excited for Wundar, but we're lukewarm on Kol Dar.

I can only justify my own preferences but in case you're interested:

Kol Darr is a figure I find interesting from a 'history of the brand' perspective - a lot like Wundar but with a way less impressive/interesting pedigree. Where it fails is that I actually kind of hate the goofy horned helmet and the tube top armor. The colors are cool, but I think the design itself is kind of 'meh.' Whereas I actually rather like the Wundar design of the cosmic enforcer harness and brown-haired He-Man look. So Wundar is just more exciting to me than Kol Darr, even though Kol Darr finally getting an action figure is absolutely a cool thing.
Although I'm also kind of hoping this version of Wundar will get a secondary head -- maybe the Alcala head with brown hair. That would be really cool.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 10:31 pm

Wun-Dar just screams kitbash in different colors. Kol-Dar at least has new unique parts, and horned helmet beats He-Man with dyed hair any day.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 4:12 am

Just like many of you, I have more interest in Wundar, but it has more to do with the Wonder bread legend than how cool of an actual figure it is. I'm also directing my collecting towards recreating the vintage line and he was a part of that even if he was a crappy promotional mail away figure thought up by suits to trick kids into buying more figures.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 31, 2022 3:03 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKamG44JDU
Thundarr, Ookla the Mok, Princess Ariel, and the two faced wizard would be a cool wave or exclusives set for origins.

Also Wun-Dar should be coming soon
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs_axCkoMGo
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 31, 2022 5:50 pm

canprime wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:03 pm
mikeysee wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm
I grabbed one. $25.44 is a bit of a tough pill to swallow for an Origins figure, let alone one that I have no attachment to but I like his design and... well, FOMO really. It was mostly FOMO. Ugh.
Can I ask what is the breakdown of that price? Because my breakdown for getting 1 figure to Canada is only $4.50US more than what you paid. Although I actually bought 2 figures.
$17 for the figure
$6.95 for shipping
$1.49 for tax
mprincem
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am

I thought I saw a few months ago that Roton was coming out in this line. Any idea on when it’s being released. Is it the next vehicle release after Stridor?
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:27 am

mprincem wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am
I thought I saw a few months ago that Roton was coming out in this line. Any idea on when it’s being released. Is it the next vehicle release after Stridor?
They haven't revealed when it's coming out, but boxed images have leaked out, so I'd bet on maybe August/September.

BBTS has the 200x/Mantenna/Pighead wave plus Leech and Snout Spout up for pre-order.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:10 am

Sun Man is 7.49 on Amazon right now
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:14 am

I pre ordered all that stuff from BBTS. Deluxe Snout Spout and Leech, and then the 4 figures in the 200X He-Man and Pig head Wave. They had new Masterverse figures up as well which I pre ordered all of.

And all of that stuff is scheduled for June. Thats a lot of products coming our way real soon.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:18 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:03 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKamG44JDU
Thundarr, Ookla the Mok, Princess Ariel, and the two faced wizard would be a cool wave or exclusives set for origins.

Also Wun-Dar should be coming soon
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs_axCkoMGo
While personally I would want Thundarr and crew in their own style/scale/whatever first, I would be all in on Origins versions of them. They are a perfect compliment to the MOTU aesthetic.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”