Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri May 27, 2022 8:55 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:17 pm
Yea, looks like he sold out in about 30 minutes or so?

I remember him still being up at 9:20 and I was surprised by it.
Less than 10 min. I logged on at 1:09 Eastern and he was gone.
It was 12 noon Eastern, not 1pm that he went live.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:03 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm
I grabbed one. $25.44 is a bit of a tough pill to swallow for an Origins figure, let alone one that I have no attachment to but I like his design and... well, FOMO really. It was mostly FOMO. Ugh.
Can I ask what is the breakdown of that price? Because my breakdown for getting 1 figure to Canada is only $4.50US more than what you paid. Although I actually bought 2 figures.

I paid $46.95US for 2. $34 for the figures and $12.95 for basic shipping to Canada. The real price with exchange, before any duties/customs/taxes I may get hit with (though it does come in under the exemption amount so *fingers crossed*) is roughly
$59.75, so say $60Cdn for 2 figures if I don't get dinged at customs. Not too bad for an exclusive. I basically had to do 2 to justify it to myself, because $17 plus $12.95 for shipping is $30US. Which is $38,17CDN. So since it is the minimum shipping price, i can say I save $8 per figure (not really of course, but hey let me delude myself). :lol:
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Roufuss wrote:

Honestly I don't get why Mattel allowed a limit of 5 per order/person. I'm sure for them it is better to sell out than be stuck with stock for who knows how long. However if he did sell out that quickly, and people missed out then maybe that number should have been 2 per order/person. I got 2 because it made more sense for me with shipping (Canada).

I think there could be a happier median with a lower number. I mean if it sold out in less than 30 minutes that isn't good for the fans. Maybe at a limit of 2 it might have lasted at least twice as long?

Anyway, my transaction went smoothly except for the final processing screen. That took about 2 minutes before it confirmed my order, so I had some fun anxiety with the "will it go through, or will it be a screen of death" wait. :D
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:29 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 pm
Roufuss wrote:

Less than 10 min. I logged on at 1:09 Eastern and he was gone.
That was more than an hour after 'go-live' though. It does look like he lasted just about half an hour. But I'm guessing there'll be more. The only other exclusives they've done for Origins were Sun Man - who has had two other methods of release - and mini-comics tri-klops. Given the quick sell out I'd be surprised if he wasn't available again.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri May 27, 2022 9:34 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:40 pm
They know its an army builder. Why not two per box and make Sun Man harder to find? It's not like anyone besides the super hardcore fans even knows who he is....
Because they're all one per case.
But yeah, I'm sure the optics would be amazing if Mattel decided the black guy in the wave that they just did all this press about adding to the MOTU line-up was 1 per every 2 or 3 cases because they didn't think he'd sell. Super idea.

Listen, your logic is bad. It's bad because it applies to everything all the time. Why even MAKE Sun Man? 'He's gonna sell fewer than other figures,'* so why not just make more of those figures? Why not ONLY make the figures you're fairly sure will sell the BEST?

And why Sun Man? You think Anti-Eternia He-Man is going to outsell the Horde Trooper?

*This, by the way, is called an opinion unsubstantiated by facts. We actually have no idea how he'll sell because there's never been a Sun Man in MOTU before. There's no historic sales data to compare it to. Obviously they have a lot of faith in Sun Man bringing in people that might not otherwise be buying, or in fans being very excited about this brand extension, since they're doing all these figures AND a three-pack, it seems. I imagine they've done some market research on this already. Only time will tell and Mattel can't really make decisions based on what a single dude on an Internet message board thinks is a good or bad idea.
Listen, you are a condescending and pretentious douchebag. Any semi-reasonable points you might make are overwhelmed by your arrogance and rudeness. Get away from the keyboard or phone for a while and learn how to talk to real human beings.

Edited to add: yes, I would talk to you this way in person if I overheard you talking to someone like you did to Disney Boy. I’d verbally abuse you so that you’d learn a lesson, but don’t doubt for a second that there are people out there who would smack you for being an asshole. The world is shitty enough without your attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification, all. I guess I got used to Pulse POs going up at 1pm.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 10:50 pm

Ordered on my phone, no issues, got a few and I love Mattel Creations shipping. $6 for as many figures as you want. Such a breath of fresh air.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat May 28, 2022 1:50 am

Meauxses wrote: Listen, you are a condescending and pretentious douchebag. Any semi-reasonable points you might make are overwhelmed by your arrogance and rudeness. Get away from the keyboard or phone for a while and learn how to talk to real human beings.

Edited to add: yes, I would talk to you this way in person if I overheard you talking to someone like you did to Disney Boy. I’d verbally abuse you so that you’d learn a lesson, but don’t doubt for a second that there are people out there who would smack you for being an asshole. The world is shitty enough without your attitude.

:lol: What a surprise - you've got a problem with me. That's so new.
Given what little I remember of you -- I'm not going to lose any sleep over your opinions. I just don't respect you enough for your wannabe cutting remarks to have any weight. And your nonsense about what you'd do in person? Puffing. And little more. More talk from another keyboard warrior. Thanks for chiming in, though. Please feel free to send any further complaints about me as a person to my PM box (I mean, I'll ignore them, but you can type your little heart out) so it doesn't clutter up the thread. Unless you're so pretentious and arrogant yourself that you think your personal opinions about me warrant taking up more of this thread. Then hey.. don't let me stop you.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 am

Did they say what time Kol Darr was going to go up, or do you just have to keep checking?

The wife and I took a day off and went out to breakfast while the kids were in school. He went up while we were eating and I missed it.

I had the bacon avocado eggs benedict; it was absolutely delicious and I regret nothing.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 28, 2022 12:58 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 am
Did they say what time Kol Darr was going to go up, or do you just have to keep checking?

The wife and I took a day off and went out to breakfast while the kids were in school. He went up while we were eating and I missed it.

I had the bacon avocado eggs benedict; it was absolutely delicious and I regret nothing.
Mattel Creations' website had a page for Kol Darr with a countdown to when he went live.

Kol Darr is forever!!!! You were just renting that breakfast. :lol:

We have all had that happen before, you missed out this time, but there will always be another opportunity for an exclusive down the road.

Considering how fast he sold out, I can't wait to see the s#$+ show that is Wun Dar when he goes up for order if Mattel Creations sticks with the 5 per order limit.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:23 pm

If you got Kol Darr, your breakfast would have gotten Cold Arr.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 1:28 pm

I bet Wun Dar is going to be crazy considering the history of that character and having the chance to get him on a vintage-style cardback for the first time. Hopefully Mattel lowers the limit to 2-3 instead of 5 or makes a larger run.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 3:31 pm

I really hope I get enough notice to prepare for Wun-Dar. Missed out on the Classics figure, don’t want that hole in another collection
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 3:33 pm

I've never heard of Kol Darr. But I have heard of Wun Dar. And I'm already sensing that one will be extremely elusive, based on the reverence with which he's been addressed in the last couple posts.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat May 28, 2022 3:34 pm

I skipped Kol Darr without any regrets, but I absolutely would like to get Wundar. Part of me still regrets selling the Classics version.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”