Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Whiplash, Randor, and Digitino are in my new POL. I passed on Trapjaw. My previous POL has been processing to ship since Tuesday morning when I requested a shipment about 90 minutes before BBTS sent their arrival soon email. I need a POL shipment cancellation button because this is the second time in a row I've had new items arrive while waiting for an order to leave their building. I used to find everything in store before BBTS, but I've been relying on them for the last three waves of regular and deluxe releases.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:18 am

OK something strange I need to confirm here with my fellow Canadian collectors.

I just went to creations.mattel.com (Mattel Creations website) to check on the 40th He-Man set. I wasn't logged in and somehow the price came up as $240!!!! Then I noticed at the top in a little black header line that shipping would be $13CA, or $26CA for express/expedited shipping, and the price was inclusive of duties.

So does Mattel Creations now offer pricing in Canadian for "guests" on their site?

Once I logged into my account, everything reverted back to US pricing ($150 for the set).

So can someone else confirm that for me, or was I imagining it somehow?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:32 am

canprime wrote:

I just went to creations.mattel.com (Mattel Creations website) to check on the 40th He-Man set. I wasn't logged in and somehow the price came up as $240!!!! Then I noticed at the top in a little black header line that shipping would be $13CA, or $26CA for express/expedited shipping, and the price was inclusive of duties.

So does Mattel Creations now offer pricing in Canadian for "guests" on their site?

Once I logged into my account, everything reverted back to US pricing ($150 for the set).

Just checked for you. As a not-logged-in-person, I get the 240 price as well. What's weird is that Boss Fight's store page has been doing that to me lately as well, but it's never actually the true exchange rate, and the BFS crew have said they didn't set that up and have no idea why it's doing that. For the record, 150 USD is currently 205ish Canadian dollars, not 240.

I wonder what's going on with these websites?
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:37 am

KnightDamien wrote:
canprime wrote:

Just checked for you. As a not-logged-in-person, I get the 240 price as well. What's weird is that Boss Fight's store page has been doing that to me lately as well, but it's never actually the true exchange rate, and the BFS crew have said they didn't set that up and have no idea why it's doing that. For the record, 150 USD is currently 205ish Canadian dollars, not 240.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

I know it did say something about duties being included in the price, so maybe that $240 is after tax/duties on the $150US.

Oh and it doesn't need to be said, but yeah one week later and the set is still available.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 am

canprime wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:
canprime wrote:

I know it did say something about duties being included in the price, so maybe that $240 is after tax/duties on the $150US.

Oh and it doesn't need to be said, but yeah one week later and the set is still available.
I swear I'm not trying to be a pedantic ass, but being in Alberta, I pay 5% tax, which equates to 5% duties on items brought over the border. So the 205-ish Canadian dollars becomes 215 or so. Still not anywhere near 240 dollars. 240 sounds like more they're shipping through UPS and USP wants their unearned 25 dollars ON TOP of the shipping fee. Because they're criminals.
It's the same thing on BFS's storefront now -- figures that, in Canadian dollars, would be like 36.58 or some random shit are an even 40 dollars. It makes no sense, and BFS hasn't been able to answer why it's happening.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:28 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 am
canprime wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:

I swear I'm not trying to be a pedantic ass, but being in Alberta, I pay 5% tax, which equates to 5% duties on items brought over the border. So the 205-ish Canadian dollars becomes 215 or so. Still not anywhere near 240 dollars. 240 sounds like more they're shipping through UPS and USP wants their unearned 25 dollars ON TOP of the shipping fee. Because they're criminals.
It's the same thing on BFS's storefront now -- figures that, in Canadian dollars, would be like 36.58 or some random shit are an even 40 dollars. It makes no sense, and BFS hasn't been able to answer why it's happening.
Oh but your are sir and HOW DARE YOU!!! :lol:

I am putting up to the usual business thinking of what's the highest cost for this market? Ok everyone pays that price.

Rather than try and break it down by province, etc. So everyone gets lumped together, and if you happen to have a lower tax rate, too bad. Because, of course, there isn't anything like software that could take care of all of that with a modicum of effort.

Also I'm not aware of BossFight's site, but maybe it has something to do with the provider they and Mattel Creations use for their sites? Is it Shopify, or someone else? I don't know enough to speak on it, but if it is happening to both sites, maybe that is a factor?

Oh and a little more topic. I got my 2 Grizzlors yesterday, I love that fuzzball!! So glad I was able to snag him early rather than having to wait 8 months - 1 year. (Because I am impatient :D )
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 pm

The Evil Horde have arrived!
I still have fond memories of getting the new Horde figures as a kid. It felt like a big deal, and these were big characters with big gimmicks!

Leech came out great, and I'm glad he came with alternate parts so he doesn't suck all the time. The vintage suction cup mouth and hands are fun, but the alternate head is undeniably better looking, even if his hands seem spindly.

Mantenna is still as creepy as the original, but is an upgrade in so many ways. The eye-popping gimmick still works great (the eyes actually click slightly into both regular and extended positions), and the lever is in his head, so he has full neck articulation! He has four regular sized legs, and I can hardly believe he wasn't a deluxe figure.

Grizzlor is furry AF, which can be seen with his fake fur and the sculpt on his limbs. He's the most straight forward in terms of being a figure. His waist articulation is under there too, which I didn't expect based on my muscle memory of playing with the vintage figure years ago. He's so standard feeling though, but I guess I don't realize the expense involved with that fur? I guess that's why he's limited release.

Along with my original (though busted) Horde Zone, I had to take some pics.

No flash came out not too bad.

And for anyone who wanted to see my modified Palace Guards, that's just Ram Man's alternate head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:05 pm

^^^
Great pics Norm! Thanks for sharing! :)

I canceled my Whiplash, Randor, Digitino preorder from BBTS because they received the international packaging and no-text comics again, just like they did with wave 9. I already received Whiplash and Randor (on US cards) from another source, and Digitino (along with MV Catra) will be here Monday.

My order of 3 Grizzlors was supposed to be here yesterday, but FedEx decided to sit on the box (hopefully not literally!) in a town 4 hours away for 2 1/2 days. Now the package should arrive on Monday.

As far as remaining Origins preorders, I think I’m just waiting on the Rulers of The Sun 3-pk from Target. Guess it’s time they formally announce the Snake Men wave and the Mekaneck w/Ground Ripper for preorder!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Thanks Jase.

Rummaging through my figure bin to pull out those Horde members and Palace Guards, I found that Skeletor's forces really filled out well. After Whiplash, really the only figure I want is Two-Bad. But for the heroic forces, I think I still need Sy-Klone, possibly Mekaneck (never had him as a kid, so I have less interest). I did spot Snout Spout at Walmart yesterday, but again, didn't have the original, so I'm not attached. I might pick him up impulsively one day. I wonder if they'll do Rio Blast. I'd probably buy him too.
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:04 pm

Wow, the pricing on the 40th anniversary pack in Canadian just sucks.

Why does Mattel make it so hard to buy their product??
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:08 pm

Wun-dar is back up on MC.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:40 pm

I grabbed a Wundar just now. Not really even sure I needed him but he's the one figure I might just keep carded.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:51 pm

I ordered two Wundar. I feel like this is the opportunity, the second chance. If I want it later, but skipped this MTO window again, it's on me. I got two just to make shipping more tolerable. And I've always liked this look despite only ever admiring it in photos.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:06 pm

I got a shipping notice for my Target Exclusive Rulers of the Sun 3 Pack. So, anyone who had that pre ordered, be on the lookout.

I also got the new Wave of figures today from BBTS with King Randor, Whiplash, etc.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:01 am

Got my notice from Target for the ROS 3 pack also, along with the 40th He-Man (MV). Received Digitino today and also Catra (MV). I already have a Wun-Dar, but I ordered a MTO one today anyway.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”