Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:12 pm

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:37 pm
The small head issue really shows on Faker. I displayed him with the robot head and man is it tiny.
Agreed... without the hair to add a little more volume the robot Faker head is just so, so small. I really wish Mattel would adjust their approach on the heads and scale them up a tad. If they did that this line would be so much better.

I do have to agree with KD about the upcoming Savage He-Man . It would have been a lot better if they had decided to be show accurate and do a new over-sized body for the character instead of trying to use the same standard Masterverse body. The figure they are releasing doesn't really work to represent the show.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:58 am

Man, if those pics are legit and that's what the figures will look like, those are pretty great. She-Ra and Catra looking very cartoon inspired, which is great. I will be any cartoon inspired MOTU or POP Masterverse figures they want to make.

Then the Beast Man and BA He-Man, which I assume are New Eternia figures, are very interesting too. Very Barbarian looking takes on the characters.

I just saw Power Con was going to be in Columbus, OH in 2022. I am so going to that! Hopefully they will show off some new Masterverse figures there and I can see them in person.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:02 am

Yo so Beast Man is naked under his loincloth??!?
He’s got sculpted fur down there and everything but, um, *only* sculpted fur down there.
What a very strange choice.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:22 am

... I'm going to look under Beast Man's loincloth because of that post, and I am not happy with myself for doing it, but now I HAVE TO.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 am

Why wouldn't Beast Man be naked under his loincloth?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:48 pm

Spotted the new wave at Walmart today, but they wouldn't ring up at self check. The attendants scanned the figures over and over with different devices, and while the item links were coming up, the prices were not. I looked up Masters of the Universe Revelations on my phone app, and even common figures were coming up at 3rd party prices, 28-40. I told them they were 19.00 so they gave them each to me. Finally walked out with Fisto and Stinkor.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:08 pm

Oh cool! I'll have to keep a look out.
bezem
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 am
Why wouldn't Beast Man be naked under his loincloth?
I believe he was trying to be clever; you know, since there's not a 'third leg' under the loincloth :rolleyes:
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:55 pm

I see Wave 3 is processing in my pre orders at BBTS. So, looks like that set is on the way. I'm very excited about this particular wave. So many great figures.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Interesting, I saw the announcement that Wave 3 is In Stock at BBTS but I have not yet received any notice about my pre-order being processed or getting ready soon. Just checked my BBTS account and it still shows as a pending pre-order with an estimated arrival date of December 2021. Hopefully they get around to processing it soon. I want my Stinkor!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Yeah just saw that I thought I had stinkor on preorder but I just checked and I didn’t so I just ordered him
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:09 am

I think BBTS is processing preorders as we speak - I only got the notification that my order hit my pile of loot at like 4:30 EST.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:50 am

My Wave 3 Stinkor, Fisto, and Scareglow hit my POL today. I clicked SHIP right away, so I should have them next week. I noticed that BBTS has the Deluxe Trap Jaw available for preorder again in case anybody missed it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:39 am

Of course, now that I found Fisto and Stinkor in person, BBTS threw them into my Pile of Loot. I canceled them anyway.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:46 pm

Received Wave 2 from BBTS on Wednesday, and now they emailed me that Wave 3 is shipping! Whoohooo!!!

Absolutely love the figures in the second wave. Only one in this wave where the small head is really noticeable to me is Beastman, but his odd, ape-like proportions really help to downplay that aspect. Of course, my favorite in the wave is Man-At Arms, but the one that surprises me is Spikor. Didn't expect to dig this guy as much as I do, but he's really fun to pose.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”