Bungie's DESTINY

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: Bungie's DESTINY

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:44 pm

One guy in my raid group got the helmet. It does seem like more rewards drop now.

I want that Saint 14 Defender Titan helmet. I used to play Defender almost exclusively, even in PVP because I love those magnetic grenades. But lately I have been playing Striker Titan a lot. Flashbang grenades are amazing in PVE against wizards and knights. And the lightning grenades are fantastic in Control PVP. Plus the Fist of Havoc is a fun super. Hard to pick between Helm of Inmost Light vs Armamentarium, but I almost always go with Armanmentarium, partly because Xur had the upgrade for it, but primarily because I just love having dual grenades. I try to get my discipline stat as high as possible.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 am

That's the one plus with the skull fort is it has high discipline. With it and my other armor my discipline is maxed but I have only like 50 intellect so my super takes longer.

I rolled a variation of the vanguard chest I already have out of an engram and instead of discipline and strength it has discipline and intellect which is very tempting but it's perks are for hand cannon and fusion rifle which I don't use and I don't have a lot of shards to finish leveling a new chest after already doing my other one. I'm gonna focus on finishing my new arms and then seeing what I can do or I'd it's worth it.

For the most part I like having a grenade more readily it's been a nice change from being focused almost entirely on strength when wearing inmost light.
Akatsuki

Bungie's DESTINY

Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Felt like I got a lot out of Xur this week. I bought the upgrades for Thorn and Plan C, and I replaced my old Patience and Time with a new upgraded one. I also go through the Dark Below story mission a second time, with my Hunter now, so he was able to get the new gauntlets.

Eris' armor rewards are pretty cool. The Titan's gauntlets are supposed to be made of Knight bone, the Hunter gauntlets are made of Acolyte, and apparently the Warlock gauntlets are made out of Thrall. Sort of morbid, but I guess that's what Eris and her fire team had to do to try to survive in the Hellmouth.

Also finally managed to get a commendation so I got get an expansion version legendary helmet for my Titan. That means my Titan gear should get me close to level 32, once it is fully leveled.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 am

Ya it was nice to get arms from her so I didn't have to buy them so my titan has all new gear till I get raid gear or I should say if.

I finally started getting through her quests with my warlock cause I've been lazy but I only need arms for him now so might as well get hers.

I've been playing the roc Playlist a lot to get marks and such and this game continues to just tease and screw with me. I continue to see other people get legendary ships and I've yet to at all. Four different times now I've went to start playing the roc Playlist and it immedietly starts me on archon priest which is annoying because it seems om always playing either it or mars. For a Playlist it doesn't wanna give me much variety.

Then the icing on the cake is old Raoul. Three times now I've brought him legendary engrams and instead of giving me a piece of legendary armor I could use or break for shards or even just shards he's given me ascendant energy. Three freaking times in a row I'm getting energy from armor engrams which is killing me cause I need shards.

In fact the only legendary armor I've gotten from him came out of rare engrams psh.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 am

Didn't get to play much today, newborn fatigue & all. However I managed to drop Icebreaker in IB3.0, which irks me, as I need an exotic shard to finish off my chest armor but was hoping for a shotgun or fusion rifle to break down. Heck, even another Last Word. I've been thinking about hanging on to a secondary & heavy exotic "just in case" Bungie ever decides to let us equip all our gold gear. (fingers crossed) I favor the Hand Cannon, Sniper rifle & Rocket Launcher combo.I still have tomorrow, so I'll try to grind to R4 IB so I can replace my legendary sniper rifle. Also for someone who doesn't high end PvE, how the heck am I supposed to get ascendant shards? I'm in crucible most of my gametime. o.0
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Doing only pvp I dunno where you are gonna get shards outside of breaking armors or getting from random engrams or the occasional reward from leveling either the vanguard or a faction.

Pve options include just doing some of the weeklies on higher level and I think high level daily can give materials but I don't remember. Doing events in public areas can net materials and the fastest way to get the most is doing the vault of glass as most of the chests net shards or energy.

The way this game works is try to get you to do everything not just one thing though pve will net your more than pvp alone.

I got my warlock to 30 and I'm to the point of getting the urn from xur to work towards getting arms from eris from her. My hunter just needs a helmet from the vanguard so I'm doing good so far. I'm also in dire need of shards because my hunters got arms and legs that need leveling at least.

Been using thorn on my warlock and now the dead orbit hand cannon on my hunter so I've gotten a lot more into using hand cannons and they aren't as bad as I thought before. I still need new legendary snipers and machine guns for all three characters or at least my titan but I haven't had any luck yet. I am just gonna have to start grinding pvp for crucible marks cause dead orbits got a machine gun I want and crucible van has a sniper I want.
Akatsuki

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Fastest ways to get ascendant materials are running the daily missions every day, running public events, and running the raid, although Crota's End might just give the new radiant shards and energy. Not sure.

I usually try to run the daily at least once a day. It's best if you can run it 3 times per day.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 am

As far as I know crotas end only gives radiant materials since the weapons and armor from that raid require them to level. I nice way to force people to keep playing just crotas raid.

So if you play a raid for materials do vault of glass.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Ascendant energy I have, I keep ending up with purple guns to break down. It's shards. I need 13 more to finish my dead orbit helmet, & one exo shard for my Alpha Lupi. On the brighter side, I DID get two perun's fire, Icebreaker, Gheleon's Demise & two legendary ships, Steel Atreus & Tiger Tiger out of Iron Banner this week, and I managed rank 4 for my Efrideet's Spear legendary sniper rifle, which I kept stock for the firefly perk. BEAUTIFUL looking weapon too. Gold with the Iron Banner wolf & tree logo that I favor for my emblem. With my Alpha chest. I got wolves happening all over!! :ugeek:

I'm going to try running the dailies with Mrs. YoJimBo, once her mom leaves. (she's staying over for the holidays. :rolleyes: )What I normally do is spend all my *extra* crucible or vanguard marks buying armor to break down, I have really bad luck with purple drops. Since the DLC, I went broke upgrading :oops: I still have 4 exotics in my stash that need leveling up. I also never seem to drop anything good in normal crucible. I had a pretty good run in IB.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:24 pm

I played the daily today and got an energy and a legendary helmet engram. Thankfully the engram gave me a warlock helmet I could break for shards and I got a few from events while doing bounties and leveling the vanguard. All in all with a spare chest I broke down I had enough to sink two more upgrades into my hunters new armor so he's 29 and moving up. I'll eventually have all characters at 31 if I get enough stuff but I may just stop at 30 dunno. I never maxed them before because I knew there was better raid armor but dunno if I care now.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:17 pm

So Christmas is over and I've still been playing. Got a turtle beach headset and it makes playing this game crazy with all the sounds you can hear.

I got the husk of the pit rifle from a blade of crota while playing my hunter today. Didn't even see an item drop it just popped up the second I killed him but I know white drops are hard to see so I dunno. Had to plow through the moons underground grinding hive with it to level it's one upgrade then bought the embalming orb from eris and upgraded it to eidolons ally the legendary auto rifle.

Everything I've read says you have to get the crux of crota (the last damage upgrade on the rifle is instead an upgrade requiring this item) from beating the crotas end raid on hard then it evolves into necrochasm which is an exotic auto rifle with arc damage and precision kills cause cursed thrall explosions in enemies.

Dunno if I'll ever get to do crotas raid on hard I may try to find someone with a hard save at the boss see if I can sneak one but honestly dunno if I will try that hard. Stats wise it's lime most of the new dlc auto rifles very high rate of fire and low impact and using the legendary version so far I'm not all that fond of it. Nevertheless it's something cool.

Also got my hunter and warlock to 30 so I'm good till I play the new raid. Xur is also in the tower an extended time till approximately 10 pm tonight to make up for the server problems but I'm disappointed he didn't have an engram. I bought no land beyond tried it out hated it and scrapped it, just a waste weapon imo.
Akatsuki

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 am

I am so close to being 31 on my Titan. I just need radiant shards. Hope to run the raid tomorrow.

And I finally unlocked the devourer perk for my post-expansion Thorn. Thorn is a really nice weapon to use. I prefer scout rifles on general, but Thorn actually has great range and high impact. I'm also upgrading my Abyss fusion rifle from Crota's End. Seems like a very powerful secondary weapon.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:41 pm

I maxed out thorn and use it on my warlock it's definitely my favorite hand cannon. I ended up getting the last word out of the strike play list and I've been leveling and using it on my hunter. It's movements are dumb but fun the biggest flaw is aiming with the characters hand whipping up and down to slap the hammer.

I've continues to run the chest on the raid and have now rolled 3 exotics one with each character so it's pretty nice. I haven't played the raid yet I'm just playing my characters like normal just trying to get new weapons together and upgraded and trying to get eris to level 4 so I can get her final shader for my titan.
Akatsuki

Bungie's DESTINY

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 am

Can you only do the Crota chest trick one per week per character? I just tried and gr radiant energy all 3 times. What a bummer. All I need are radiant shards to get my Titan to 31. So close.

Edit: But still managed to get to 31! Didn't realize I was close to leveling my helmet. My helmet is my only armor that isn't exotic or raid armor. Still need tons of radiant shards for my gauntlets and legs.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Ya just like doing the raid itself rewards are only once a week per character.

If you need shards you should be leveling eris cause at level 4 you can trade her one radiant material for another so energy for shards and vice versa.

Also bungies holiday gift arrived it seems I got a "special delivery" from the post master and it was a legendary vanguard scout rifle. My friend got a pulse rifle. I assume it's a primary weapon random type but dunno for sure I've already seen people complaining.

Also for the raid chest I can offer my experience with it, obviously this whole game is random reward but mine was first time materials second time class item third time exotic, that happened with all three characters. My last trip my titan got just materials again the warlock got the class item again and the hunter got an exotic (I just got his class item last week.)

But that's just mine so far, I've stocked up 16 shards and 14 energy and I'll keep doing it till they fix it so I have materials for if I ever get raid gear.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”