Gotham Knights

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
thor333us
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Gotham Knights

Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:26 pm

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780ktEjoXWs

gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjRRErYdO4

Doesn't seem related to arkham knight aside from the batcave blowing up but everything else is different.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Re: Gotham Knights

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:28 am

This game doesn't take place in the Arkham universe, but the Suicide Squad game does.

I'm very intrigued by this because it's co-op. It's basically what I wanted from Square's Avengers game.
raullynch
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:38 am

They actually gonna kill Batman now because everyone’s found out the twist early lol
Adamantium Claws
CROM!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:46 am

Missed opportunity by Montreal to make an Arkham game.
lalefi
I wish I had super powers

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:59 pm

I don't know why! but something doesn't feel right about this game....

SHAREit MX Player
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:43 am

So I know this game is still set to come out in 2022. I decided to give it a try when it eventually does come out but for now I’m going back and replaying all of the Arkham games. I know Gotham Knights has nothing to do with the Arkham Universe, but they’re the only Batman games I have. Trouble is, I’m starting to wonder if maybe I jumped the gun a little bit here. I’m already done with Arkham Origins and I was going to move onto the next title, but Arkham Asylum is even shorter. Do we have any indication at all when Gotham Knights is supposed to release? Is it supposed to come out in the Spring or not until Q4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Fenrys-
HULK SMASH!

Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:51 pm

10 hours into the game on my Steam Deck and I'm loving it. Sure it's got some performance optimization issues, but overall it's a fun game and most of the issues haven't plagued me on the Deck. Hopefully a patch will come out soonish to fix some of the issues.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:59 pm

I was kinda torn when I saw the review scores, expected something more in the 80% range instead of 70% but seems like most reviewers with the lowest scores (like IGN) were expecting a new Arkham game, or were just comparing it to AK and saying that Rocksteady did everything better. Dummies, it's a completely new franchise.

I assume I also have around 10h and I'm loving it. This game is much more Insomniac's Spider-Man than Arkham.
-Fenrys-
HULK SMASH!

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:11 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:59 pm
I was kinda torn when I saw the review scores, expected something more in the 80% range instead of 70% but seems like most reviewers with the lowest scores (like IGN) were expecting a new Arkham game, or were just comparing it to AK and saying that Rocksteady did everything better. Dummies, it's a completely new franchise.

I assume I also have around 10h and I'm loving it. This game is much more Insomniac's Spider-Man than Arkham.
Agreed. Any complaints that it's a bad Batman game or a poor Arkham sequel are immediately invalidated in my opinion since those complaints miss the fact that it's neither a Batman nor an Arkham game. And now that you mention it, it really does remind me of Insomniac's Spider-Man game, and that's a huge compliment in my book since I thought that game was fantastic. I'm not very far into the story yet (still gotta go to the Iceberg Lounge) but I've encountered both Harley and Freeze.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 pm

So, a few things I really enjoyed after maybe 13h in. I'm putting them in spoilers just in case but there isn't really anything story related that wasn't in the trailers. Playing strictry as Nightwing so far
Spoiler! :
- they've nailed the relationships between main chars
- there's perhaps too much "I was dead" drama with Jason but I dunno how far on the timeline that happened, and he's clearly still working through that pain (as per the amazing emails)
- really dig Penguin not being impressed by the young heroes
- also a really cool idea to show that Batman will sometimes work with the likes of Oswald and Harley
- Clayface was awesome, I was very impressed with the faceless goons idea, and then the bossfight is a cool
Spoiler! :
horrorshow with multiple monsters attacking
- the prison riot at Blackgate, it feels like shit like this happens every week there
- so so glad to actually have a game about the sidekicks instead of Batman
- I like helping friends and companions of the Bat
- as for Freeze
Spoiler! :
I'm happy that he's still a part of the story even after I've kicked his ass
Arkham Origins was my favorite of the series plot and world building wise, so my expectations for GK are pretty high.
darkmoon
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:46 am

I am also a fan of Gotham kinghts....

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”

Recent Topics