Official "Last game you played" Thread

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official "Last game you played" Thread

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote: I almost never have this much to say about games. Especially positive things. The fact that we've gone back and forth about it this many times is emblematic of how special the game is.
Absolutely. I think what makes it fun/interesting to talk about is how your experiences can be so different from someone else, but with a lot of overlap so there's still common ground. Most games I play either you diverge in skill/style early on and your games are only similar in the actual story but completely different in play, or you've got games where play style doesn't matter as much and your experience is pretty similar to everyone else's.

This game just feels very different from every other game I've played in the last... [email protected]#$.. decade?

Totally agree about unlocking aspects (and the 'special' keepsakes or whatever - which I don't even remember how to unlock and I certainly didn't figure out through gameplay). Those two things felt really off with the rest of the game for the reason you mentioned; they don't track with how the rest of the progression works. You could play this game forever and never know how to unlock those because the conditions are so specific and not very intuitive.

I have to work out of town for a couple of weeks coming up quickly, so I'm probably going to rest this one until I get back and then go at it again in God Mode to try to at least complete the full story. My son is already a bit tired of it even in God Mode, but he's already asked if I think they'd do a Odin/Valhalla version of the game so you can be a dead viking warrior trying to escape Valhalla and I was like... that's a [email protected]#$ awesome idea.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm

im currently playing Battle field 4, ive always liked BF more than COD. great game, not easy.
Lantu
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Currently playing Ben 10 Alien Force for the Wii. Extremely underrated game

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”