Gold Label 5-pack theories.

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Gold Label/Exclusive help thread.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:09 am

Target exclusives are a little easier. I’ve got him on preorder anyway.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:08 am

Went back and edited my post with the new info.

And seriously, I wonder if Todd would try and slide a brand new figure into the box set? Maybe even a female? Batwoman, Spoiler, and Orphan come to mind. Even Harley or Catwoman.

I foresee the splitting of wigs.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:15 pm

NJ seems like the last place on earth azbats and parallax are showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:17 pm

I’ve seen AzBats twice. Only seen the pegs for Parallax. I’m in Virginia.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Just ran into more Azbats at a Walmart in Missouri so he’s definitely getting out there
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:35 pm

Another day, another failed attempt to buy Az-Bat off of Walmart's curbside pickup option.

My order was cancelled within an hour of Brickseek reducing the number of In-Stock from 6, down to 2-3, down to 0.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 am

Placed a pick up order for azbats. Pray for me

PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 pm

seditionary wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 am
Placed a pick up order for azbats. Pray for me

Did it work for you?

I, AGAIN, placed 2 orders for 2 different stores and ... both were canceled.

My credit card company must be thinking I'm nuts or something for the number of Walmart orders placed within the last week for the same exact dollar amount only to end up cancelling.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 pm

It did end up working. I almost can’t believe it. Saw it become instock in my cart, set it up for pick up. Got an email early this morning saying it was done. Picked it up about 6 hours later. It was honestly such an easy experience. I went inside and they had no other azbats. Just one other store has limited stock available on brickseek, mine had none after i placed the order

Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:19 am

Found three each of AzBats and Parallax last week at one Walmart and then three more Parallax at another. Makes sense though, since I’m the most casual of McFarlane Multiverse collectors.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:48 am

Hit up seven Wal-Marts over a two day road trip. Not a single one had any of the new Gold Label exclusives. One store had 14 Unmasked Shrieks and nothing else.

Put this shit online and ship it out of a warehouse. You can’t even use Brickseek for Shazam.

14 unmasked Shrieks on the pegs. For all I know the Gold Label came in and the store was like “no room, oh well, back to the back it goes.”
MrImpossible
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:45 am

Found a store online this evening that showed in stock, placed an order. Let’s see by morning.

I can finally put this to the test though. I’ve always wondered if they have to wait til the store opens to grab my order, or if they wait until scalpers come and clean house to try and find my items. At least I hit the “No Substitution” box this time…
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:24 am

Picks from your order are generated pretty much immediately but will have a due time based on your pickup or delivery time. So say like when I did azbats I ordered it early morning like 5 am, and set a 7pm pick time it didn't shift into processing until around 5pm and didn't say ready until about 630.

For those dealing with frustration of cancelled orders one thing to understand is that it's likely not scalpers, more often than not if they have it in stock but after you order, eventually cancel the order irs simply because rhey can't find it.

Simple truth is that the company pushes metrics as the most important thing and numbers like first time pick rate and wait times are paramount. So if an item is ordered that has no modular location (like alot of these exclusives) and no backroom location (like alot of new no location freight) pickers will not be able to find it and after exhausting to much time supervisors will finalize a nil pick and likely zero the on hand to avoid further orders.

It's shitty I know but company wide stores are experiencing immense amounts of extra freight even our systems now show items as "push freight" when scanned. The catch up from shipping delays as overflowed distribution and stores are getting pushed excess or no mod freight and forced to deal with alot more merchandise.

This plus toys just being reset, most stores get new or no mod in but don't locate it in back while waiting for the new mod to set but then don't get the freight ran after its set due to lack of people it's a tornado of failures that makes it hard to do alot of things.
MrImpossible
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:12 pm

Useful info, thanks Magnuz!

The order was cancelled, so clearly one or more of those factors was at play. Ah well.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 pm

I think Azbats will eventually hit in such plentiful numbers that he's gonna clog shelves, especially since by that point most collectors will have already tracked one down. Rarity isn't really a McFarlane thing, even the "chase" artist proofs aren't hard to get because of their lack of desirability for most collectors.

I could be wrong, but I hope not, because i ain't checking the Walmart app anymore after this morning. I've done it every day, multiple times a day since the listing appeared, and I'm sick of it.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”