7 inch Page Punchers: Wild @$$ speculation thread.

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
BizarroMort
Faster than a speeding bullet

Re: 7 inch Page Punchers: Wild @$$ speculation thread.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:17 pm

Saw these in a local Target here in CT as well. They look kinda neat, maybe a good way to team build without breaking the bank. I was debating tipping my toe in the line, but they are smaller than I imagined them to be. Don't think I can mix them with any other lines that I have, so I will have to pass. But again likely a good option for someone starting out in the scale, or looking to build alot of characters. Hopefully they keep the line going and are able to get a bunch of team together.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:08 pm

Saw the b/w variant of Batman at Target this afternoon and I had no idea these were out already. Looked ok but I have no interest in these variants but definitely will be on the lookout for the regular versions.

Also had the teeny ones and those are significantly smaller than I expected, dropping my already minimal interest in those to zero.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:39 am

This is the work of an artist named Leila del Duca. This is from the Wonder Woman Dark Crisis Special. I’d bet the rent this is on the way from Todd. Obvious pick for Page Punchers. This is why I talk comics on this page.
Please, no. Can we get just ONE standard, comic accurate Wonder Woman before we do any more variants? Then do all the variants you want.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:25 am

Does anyone have the set of the first four of these? Wondering if there’s anything different in terms of sculpt, paint, or articulation that makes them different from the DC Multiverse line?

Or are these the exact same style of figures with just different branding and a comic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:42 am

Xavion2004 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:15 am
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:39 am

This is the work of an artist named Leila del Duca. This is from the Wonder Woman Dark Crisis Special. I’d bet the rent this is on the way from Todd. Obvious pick for Page Punchers. This is why I talk comics on this page.
Please, no. Can we get just ONE standard, comic accurate Wonder Woman before we do any more variants? Then do all the variants you want
Not remotely disagreeing with you. But this is the type of design Todd could go to town on.

But yeah, we need to at least have a standard comic accurate Wonder Woman announced by years end.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:36 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:25 am
Does anyone have the set of the first four of these? Wondering if there’s anything different in terms of sculpt, paint, or articulation that makes them different from the DC Multiverse line?

Or are these the exact same style of figures with just different branding and a comic?

These aren’t out yet at least not in my stores. Anyways they’re second option… they’re the same as multiverse but different branding, comes with the comic book and priced the same as the baf figures.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:17 am

Toy Shiz has a review of John Constantine courtesy of McFarlane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pSWXz7x3Q
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:57 am

I’ve got John, Superman and Batman in-hand and they are wonderful. I’ve held a lot of Batman figures in my hands in the last 44 years, and this one is the best so far. No joke. And Constantine is so nice that it really makes me hungry for more “guys in suits” like Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

Also Constantine looks like a young James Purefoy. Great “casting”.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Constantine and Black Adam shipped from Amazon for me. No movement on the other two.

joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Everything looks really nice from what I've seen so far. Have Batman and Constantine on pre-order. Seeing how well Constantine and (separately) Hush have turned out makes me hope for a basic Commissioner Gordon in his trench coat, whether in this line or the basic one.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:29 pm

Yep, my Constantine and Superman have shipped from Amazon.
I have no movement from Batman and Black Adam from McFarlane's store.
It being the weekend I really didn't expect any movement until Monday.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:44 pm

Now that Dan DiDiot is gone, I’d love to see Alex Ross do a cover for a new Page Punchers comic starring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. The villain: Darkseid. Since Ross only does iconic looks, these would be the ultimate figures of these characters.

Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:26 pm

I recall several months ago Ross teased something new for DC on Instagram and it was quickly taken down. Not ready to announce I guess.

As for Ross in McFarlane Multiverse, there are three possible directions:

1) Kingdom Come
2) Justice
3) Justice Society (covers)

The first two are they’re own thing, worlds in the Multiverse. JSA was a cover gallery of mainstream looks from before New 52. First and third for me although I’m guessing Justice is where most folks would latch onto.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:48 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
I’ve got John, Superman and Batman in-hand and they are wonderful. I’ve held a lot of Batman figures in my hands in the last 44 years, and this one is the best so far. No joke. And Constantine is so nice that it really makes me hungry for more “guys in suits” like Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

GIVE THEM TO ME.

But seriously, from Amazon?? Todd's store? I am ordering this week, but now wondering if I should try Brick and Mortar. From the time he revealed them they looked like the best DC heroes Todd has made yet.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:58 pm

ditko wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:48 pm
aceofknaves wrote:

GIVE THEM TO ME.

But seriously, from Amazon?? Todd's store? I am ordering this week, but now wondering if I should try Brick and Mortar. From the time he revealed them they looked like the best DC heroes Todd has made yet.
Constantine showed up from entertainment earth; Superman and Batman from Amazon. Black Adam should be here in a few days.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”