DC Superpowers 2022

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Christo
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:00 am

MrTheFrog wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am
Hey everyone,
I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
-Artie
Thanks for posting this! I was a little worried that this line might just be a one-year experiment. Glad to hear they’re excited enough to be looking forward to Year Two already (and that a Catwoman is on the way!)

As far as our desires are concerned: I’d love some 80’s New Teen Titans to go with the upcoming Deathstroke (my greatest wants from the original series). A Batgirl, a Supergirl, Blue & Gold and a Sinestro are also near the top of my list.
Dusty
Customized

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:31 am

This is awesome, but part of me feels JLU should have taken these figures places.
Dusty
Customized

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:34 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pm
These new custom capes are SO much better than the almost plastic ones we got from Uncle Todd.

Retail capes placed in front of them.
ImageCapes by lionpride75, on Flickr

Batman

Awesome, where does one get one of these?
Superman

Capes opened

Together with John
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Forgive me but who is Artie and why is everyone taking his post as fact? Honestly curious his resume and not trying to be a jerk or anything.
Dusty wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:31 am
This is awesome, but part of me feels JLU should have taken these figures places.
I've got enough JLU figures and they're all in tubs. I love that line but it was filling a Super Powers sized hole in my heart.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:52 pm

Found a few Flashes in put into the shipper and 2 BWLs on the pegs at a Walmart in Colorado yesterday. For this line I'd like to see the JSA - either Golden Age, Johns-era or preferably both.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:29 am

Chooch wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:52 pm
Found a few Flashes in put into the shipper and 2 BWLs on the pegs at a Walmart in Colorado yesterday. For this line I'd like to see the JSA - either Golden Age, Johns-era or preferably both.
That gives me hope for over here on the western side of CO. The store I check every M-F morning put out 8 BWL’s this morning but still no Flash on the shelf or in the shipper. Of course I have no interest in buying BWL.
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Mr. The Frog. thank you so much for these juicy tidbits. I don't want to pry but I'm curious how you ended up speaking with a representative. I tried once to find a phone number to call customer service, but I never found anything.

When you were referring to the 80s Catwoman was it the purple and green one, or the gray one?

Dusty, like you I would very much enjoy seeing a few more JLU figures - Granny Goodness! Hippolyta! Felix Faust! Blight! Inque! - but maybe we'll get them further on down the line...? Fingers crossed.

I had no idea Todd is going to be making Batman 89 figures! Would this be in the current 7 inch scale? Or the Super Powers scale? Was it even announced somewhere?

I really hope they're able to work out the likeness rights issues for Jack Nicholson's Joker because he's a must-have. But again, I'm curious about which scale he'd be in.

Were they also looking to blend in Batman Returns as well? Could we also be getting a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman finally?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Dusty wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:34 am
Awesome, where does one get one of these?
geeksummitpresents on eBay
Krypt0nite
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:27 pm

I wonder if the Batman 89 might be in the same scale as Batman 66?
Christo
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:29 am

Stumbled across the listing for The Flash on Walmart’s website tonight. Says he’s sold out, but at least there’s a link now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dc-Comics-Dc ... /989484046

No dice on BWL, though.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:03 am

I really hate that this line is a Walmart exclusive. For me in NYC where there aren’t any Walmarts and with the online availability on Walmart’s site not great, it means these are effectively eBay exclusives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 pm

I was lucky enough to have my wife return from a shopping trip yesterday with 2 Flash figures and a BWL. She knows I don't care about the weird Batman, but bought it anyway just in case. For $10, I'll probably keep him, but I know nothing about the character and don't particularly like his look. I'm really excited to have Flash and I think the figure came out great.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:35 pm

A good Batman '89 line is a dream of mine, especially if we get a wider variety of characters than just Batman and Joker (and Bob). I'd love a Vicki Vale or a Knox as well as Grissom, Dent, Gordon, and Alfred just for starters... I'd either prefer them in the full McFarlane 7 inch scale or in the Kenner size to match my vintage toys. The '66 scale isn't the best, as the figures don't scale well with their own vehicles and playsets.

For Super Powers, I'm also hoping for more retro figures to fill in the gaps. Deathstroke is a great start, and I think all the missing Titans should get made (Starfire, Raven, Changeling, disco Nightwing, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl), as well as the missing Bronze Age Justice League members (Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Elongated Man, Atom, Black Canary). My personal top wants would classic Bronze Age versions of Batgirl, Two-Face, Riddler, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow and the like. I'd absolutely freak out about some Outsiders, too, especially Metamorpho or Black Lightning.
MrTheFrog
I wish I had super powers

Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:50 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:54 pm
Mr. The Frog. thank you so much for these juicy tidbits. I don't want to pry but I'm curious how you ended up speaking with a representative. I tried once to find a phone number to call customer service, but I never found anything.

When you were referring to the 80s Catwoman was it the purple and green one, or the gray one?

Dusty, like you I would very much enjoy seeing a few more JLU figures - Granny Goodness! Hippolyta! Felix Faust! Blight! Inque! - but maybe we'll get them further on down the line...? Fingers crossed.

I had no idea Todd is going to be making Batman 89 figures! Would this be in the current 7 inch scale? Or the Super Powers scale? Was it even announced somewhere?

I really hope they're able to work out the likeness rights issues for Jack Nicholson's Joker because he's a must-have. But again, I'm curious about which scale he'd be in.

Were they also looking to blend in Batman Returns as well? Could we also be getting a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman finally?
I was at the D23 Expo where they were advertising their Avatar line. I struck up a conversation with a couple of the guys and they were excited to talk about it. That’s a good question about Catwoman. I was talking about the purple and green one but I admittedly didn’t make that clear to them. Regarding Batman 89, my interpretation from the conversation was that it would include Batman Returns figures as I mentioned that I was hoping for a Max Schreck figure and they said that they’d keep him in mind.
-Artie
Christo
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:10 am

With NYCC coming next weekend, I’m obviously hoping for a look at the sculpts for Wave Three, but a peek at another vehicle or two (or even a playset) would probably keep me happy through Christmas.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”