DC Superpowers 2022

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:34 am

My Walmart has a few of each of Wave 1 and still has vehicles. I hope they aren't waiting until those are wiped out before bringing in the Flash Wave.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:25 am

PurpleLantern wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:34 am
My Walmart has a few of each of Wave 1 and still has vehicles. I hope they aren't waiting until those are wiped out before bringing in the Flash Wave.
My Walmart got Flash this week but no BWL. Just a solid case of Flash.

They put it on the shelf pegs despite a display being still 3/4ths full.

Walmart really botched these displays. They have a big sign over the figures that says $19.99 (despite literally nothing in the line being $19.99) and blank "price me" tags under the vehicles and BAF figures and Page Punchers on the side.

I've been to 10 Walmarts with displays and EVERY ONE has done this.

They need to be promoting that these are under $10.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:01 pm

Toycollectr magazine has a great first issue. Feature by Pixel Dan, update on Gargoyles with photos of Coldstone, and an interview/preview spotlighting Longbox Heroes.

They revealed the first wave 2 figure that goes up next fall: Savage Dragon.

There's a photo in the magazine.
User avatar
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:35 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:51 am

Still no Flash around here, but I was lucky enough this morning to have the manager @ Walmart let me take home the top banner of the Super Powers display.
User avatar
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:22 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:24 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:01 pm

They revealed the first wave 2 figure that goes up next fall: Savage Dragon.

There's a photo in the magazine.
Savage Dragon will get my money.
bezem
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Chooch wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:24 pm
PG-Superfan wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:01 pm

They revealed the first wave 2 figure that goes up next fall: Savage Dragon.

There's a photo in the magazine.
Savage Dragon will get my money.
For $25 they can keep it; I'll stay on topic with $10 Super Powers, thanks.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:41 pm

Longbox gets around to a Dick Tracy, and I'm right there for it.
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:46 am

Just saw Superman and Batman on the pegs and....yikes.

Batsy looks rough. That head. Not so good.

Supes is slightly better. *Sliiiightly*
User avatar
batprofessor
Runs Around in Tights
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:21 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:09 am

^ Yep, and I think he looks great. This line does exactly what it sets out to do. Continues a brand that originated in the 1980’s, maintaining the same aesthetic.

Image
MrTheFrog
I wish I had super powers
Location: Hollywood, California
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am

Hey everyone,
I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
-Artie
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Unknown Helper
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:25 am

Hmm. I think I’m now ok with Mac not doing exact reproductions as long as their still gonna do the outfits from that era. Which brings us to that Superman. I thought it was strange he was being labeled as Rebirth AC100 Superman but his package art is the old SP art style, even taking into account the simplification of the sculpt. He really does seem to be a reproduction of the SA/BA Superman visually by the figure and package. That bolds well for future figures from that era.
Ric Rueger
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:04 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 pm

[*]
MrTheFrog wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am
Hey everyone,
I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
-Artie
Hi ,

I'm sorry . I've been out of the loop . What do we know about a Mcfarlane Batman 89 Line ?
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:01 am

Ric Rueger wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 pm
[*]
MrTheFrog wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am
Hey everyone,
I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
-Artie
Hi ,

I'm sorry . I've been out of the loop . What do we know about a Mcfarlane Batman 89 Line ?
So far, we know that the Flash movie Keaton Batman is in Multiverse 7" and have reason to believe the 89 Batmobile is being done as 7".

Nothing hard has leaked about 89 but speculation is that 89 Keaton is coming to the 7" line as a retool of the Flash figure.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:30 pm

I'd be happy to buy a McF Super Powers Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, Dr. Fate, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle in the classic Kevin Maguire costumes.
OfficialJihad
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 am

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:55 pm

MrTheFrog wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am
-Artie
-Thanks for the info! As far as the old Super Powers line is concerned, I can care less about the old sculpts & old looks. I’m all about getting the modern versions of the characters, in a classic action figure aesthetic.

-My wish list is already coming to fruition, with the leaked Nightwing & Deathstroke listings. Now, I just want a modern Joker, Harley, Cyborg & Red Hood, etc.

-You’ve really got me intrigued with the Batman 1989 line. Is it going to be Multiverse wave of a 7 inch figures or a separate line with its own scale like Batman ‘66?

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”