DC Superpowers 2022

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC Superpowers 2022

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:08 pm

I had no interest in the batman who laughs but that card art on the super powers branding is just too weird to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nik
CROM!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:34 pm

Finally found the big shipper at my local WM the other day. I was pretty juiced to finally try out this line, so I got Green Lantern, and I gotta say, I'm pretty underwhelmed. Pretty bland in hand, and it's not like I expected any different, but it's just not very toyetic. It's almost as if having knee articulation just made me pine for elbows and proper hips, but if he was just 5 POA I would accept his limited articulation more readily. Those knees are like an unfulfilled promise of poseability. I'll probably pick up a few more of my favorite characters as the line continues, so John has someone to share a display with, otherwise he's gonna end up in a John Stewart shrine with all of the various figures of him I've bought over the years.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:14 pm

The line's definitely not for everyone, but I love the simplicity of it. I was a huge Super Powers fan as a kid and I'm having a ton of fun with these toys...especially the vehicles. These are probably my favorite toys to play around with that I've bought in many years. It will probably be a while before they make it onto a shelf. Even then, I at least want an extra Superman to play with, but I'm hoping they fix the cape issue before I buy another.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 pm

Found a mostly empty shipper at a local Walmart today (most of the figures were on 4 pegs in the figure isle), but I did manage to grab a John Stewart, so I am caught up for now.
The shipper here had the remnants of the Endless winter wave (artic Batman & Black Adam) and a Black Adam movie Atom Smasher left among the other random things customers dropped on it.

I found an eBay seller making custom capes for these guys, so I bought one for each of the big 2. The seller is on vacation for a few more days, but I'll snap some pics as soon as I get them in hand. Until then, they can all stay on the card.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:14 pm

Found the huge Super Powers shipper today. It had tons of Batman, Superman, Darkseid, and John Stewart. I picked up a John Stewart. It also had some Black Adam Movie Multiverse figures on the shipper, as well as the 3" Page Punchers Wave 1 figures.

This was in a Wal-Mart in Ohio.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:41 am

SalemCrow wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 pm

I found an eBay seller making custom capes for these guys, so I bought one for each of the big 2. The seller is on vacation for a few more days, but I'll snap some pics as soon as I get them in hand. Until then, they can all stay on the card.
I saw some of those and was thinking about picking them up. I can't wait to see the pics.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:06 am

My walmart had darkseid and batman listed for $4

bezem
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:53 pm

seditionary wrote:

If I saw superman at that price I'd almost be tempted to get a second just for his cape. My original Super Powers Superman lost his cape long ago, and a crappy McFarlane cape is better than no cape ;p

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:23 pm

My Walmart has John Stewart according to brickseek, but they didn't pull out a shipper. The first three figures, Batwing, and Supermobile are on the pegs and shelf after the aisle reset.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 am

I’ve found and purchased Superman, Batman, Darkseid, the BatWing and Supermobile. Still need to find Green Lantern and the Flash. Batman McGiggles can just go away.

I still have all of my childhood Super Powers figures in great condition (even have the capes!) so I haven’t decided if I will keep these new ones or not.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:28 am

Found GL. My WM had tons of the first 4 figures.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:29 am

bezem wrote:
seditionary wrote:

If I saw superman at that price I'd almost be tempted to get a second just for his cape. My original Super Powers Superman lost his cape long ago, and a crappy McFarlane cape is better than no cape ;p

Same!
He was for ten though, unfortunately

StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:46 pm

Was finally able to order the Batwing and Supermobile on the Walmart website. Should have them soon to add to my vintage Super Powers collection. Only other one I am considering is John Stewart from this modern line.
Superman1180
Customized

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 pm

Finished out "Wave 1"! Got lucky and found a shipper loaded with Flash and Batman Who Laughs. Now the wait for Reverse Flash, Wonder Woman and whomever else is in the pipeline. Loving this series and so happy to have it in my collection. I'm really hoping for a playset of some type and a proper Batmobile and maybe a Robin, but we'll see.
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:19 pm

StjJames wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:46 pm
Was finally able to order the Batwing and Supermobile on the Walmart website. Should have them soon to add to my vintage Super Powers collection. Only other one I am considering is John Stewart from this modern line.
I'm waiting to see if the Super Mobile drops back down to $20. It doesn't feel like a $30 toy to me but then again I haven't yet seen it on shelf. As is I had to have WalMart price match their own website to get the Batwing for $20, and it had to show as available at their store on the website/app before they would honor the difference. Was ridiculous when compared to Target.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics