DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC General Thread

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:43 am

The thing with Kingdom Come is that it’s still very much a 90’s story set a short, yet undefined time period in the future. The fact that it is such a 90’s period piece gives it the problem of being set future without nearly 30 year’s worth of Legacy characters. I know it’s an “Elseworld”, but that’s meaningless to “civilians”.

There were editorial edicts in place at the time, like no Hal Jordan. I heard Ross was incensed and refused to use Kyle. Alan Scott was the compromise and it worked out well.
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:37 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:43 am
The thing with Kingdom Come is that it’s still very much a 90’s story set a short, yet undefined time period in the future. The fact that it is such a 90’s period piece gives it the problem of being set future without nearly 30 year’s worth of Legacy characters. I know it’s an “Elseworld”, but that’s meaningless to “civilians”.

There were editorial edicts in place at the time, like no Hal Jordan. I heard Ross was incensed and refused to use Kyle. Alan Scott was the compromise and it worked out well.
I always thought Kingdom Come was a continuation of the old Earth 2 JSA. They even use Power Girl and have Red Robin, much like Earth 2 Robin continued to wear a version of that suit.
Krypt0nite
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:18 am

I see Kingdom Come as maybe a two-part finale a la Endgame.

Leading up to that, I would do an adaptation of "What's So Funny 'Bout Truth, Justice, and the American Way" to establish the character of Superman again for the audience, and I would introduce Magog here as a member of Manchester Black's Elite.

In a sequel, I would have Superman and Batman face off against Joker and the Legion of Doom, ending with Joker destroying most of downtown Metropolis.

For the final part of this trilogy, I would have the Justice League facing down the Legion of Doom, and Superman in conflict with Magog about using lethal measures against the Joker. The movie ends with Magog killing Joker and Superman retiring from public life.

Then the pieces are essentially in place to hit the basic story beats for an adaptation of Kingdom Come.
ZoomZoom
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:00 pm

I figured the Black Adam was a one off for a great likeness with McFarlane, but that Shazam is better than the first reveal.
Preordered mine through BBTS.
I have the great-looking Mafex Shazam and looking forward to the sequel.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:30 pm

If Mac makes a full blown KC line, I would think Justice would be the gold label for the KC line since it’s the heroes in their younger but more classic looks.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Well for myself, I think more KC is coming. That Batman is gonna sell like hotcakes at weight loss boot camp. More are absolutely inevitable.

I had thought about a KC>GL conversion and it will only work in a limited way. Too many characters don’t correlate from one story to the other. Batman being most obvious.
Nik
CROM!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:14 pm

I swear, if Todd makes a KC Wonder Woman before a standard WW, I'm gonna...

...pre-order it without a moment's hesitation. The entire cast of Kingdom Come is on my mental wishlist, yes even 666.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 pm

The second Spawn/Batman crossover is due this month too. 0% chance we don't get figures of both. Kind of looking forward to it.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:02 pm

I dunno how I feel about all this 90’s nostalgia.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:25 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Well, buckle up until the 2000's nostalgia hits later this decade.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:44 pm

Chooch wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:25 pm
Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Well, buckle up until the 2000's nostalgia hits later this decade.
Will do partner!
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:45 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:48 pm
The second Spawn/Batman crossover is due this month too. 0% chance we don't get figures of both. Kind of looking forward to it.
It was officially announced at NYCC in October. Just waiting on deets. I would think we see/hear something in a week or so. Seems like it should coincide with the comic release but I don't know.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:50 pm

Chooch wrote:Could just be using that picture as it's people planning around a table.
I think this is it.
Considering they haven’t built much a DC Cinematic Universe yet, a project like KC seems unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:50 am

Ro-El wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:30 pm
If Mac makes a full blown KC line, I would think Justice would be the gold label for the KC line since it’s the heroes in their younger but more classic looks.
Liked. This makes sense just not sure its up Todds garden path. Classic looks sem to bore him and that would be a whole line of spandex clad barrel chested leaguers. The Villains could be amazing.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 pm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClzH5VNO ... JhMjlhZTc=
Deadman scheduled for next month.

Got an email overnight from Target that the release date for Flashpoint Aquaman is 1/8/23.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”

Recent Topics