DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC General Thread

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:27 am

ditko wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:51 pm
Holy Shit that's awesome!! Finally :) I was waiting on that one. Will be great to get that Trinity Element X.

Hope to see DC vs. Vampires stuff soon too! Does this mean we get some new leaked listings soon? Usually that's the pattern.

As for Booster....I don't own the set as I was never a reader of them but happy they got made. They're just quite different from the normal Todd-fare in the sense they are simple, smooth and classic. If we had more of that in the line then I'll grab one. I like the look - proportions could be improved, but I don't have glaring issues. That Infected Superman body should NOT be the definitive Superman mold for proportion reasons. It's great for the Metal series and that's it. I would be buy a Flash on the Booster Gold buck honestly. Maybe Flashpoint.
This is a pretty fair number of reveals with no preorders going up. I’d like to think that’ll happen soon with some serious bundles possible. I’d also guess we get another round of leaks and rumors before the end of the year. I certainly didn’t expect to like the Element X armored figures. But I do. Looking forward to the rest

Booster/Beetle is the way forward on a lot of figures. I’m convinced of that. Just use that style body sparingly and on older pre 2011 character designs. And on second stringers.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:40 pm

Madcap1
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:40 pm
He looks a lot better here. As I suspected, the first pic was likely a bad photo, poorly posed.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:58 pm

McDC’s almost always look better in hand anyway.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 pm

Not into movie figures, but love the look for Aquaman Page Punchers. That's where I'll finally get a Black Manta. I can skip the one above.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:16 am

Just a little score keeping in regards to DC Multiverse in terms of what’s coming up:

Up for preorder: Not yet shipped.

GL Target exclusive Flashpoint Aquaman
GL Target exclusive Deadman (preorder sold out)

Formally announced via Todd’s social media:

PP Injustice Supergirl
PP Injustice Dr. Fate variant
Hush Batman
Movie Shazam
Arkham Riddler
Knightfall Catwoman
Kingdom Come Batman
Conner Kent Superboy
Signal
Infinite Frontier Joker
Mr. Freeze
Jay Garrick
Metal Batman

Shown at NYCC 2022 but not on social media yet:

Eradicator
PP Aquaman
PP Black Manta
PP Ocean Master
PP Aquaman II

Plus an in hand picture of movie Black Manta floating around.

Far as I’m aware, no Gold Labels.

Some of this should at least go up for preorder within the next week. Remains to be seen if any of this hits before the New Year. I’m in for thirteen of the twenty-one. Some pretty cool alt stuff coming, but I’m also looking forward to a little mainstream world building.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:33 am

I backed off for a bit because I needed to, but Todd always gets me back. I got Page Punchers Series 2 from his store, I will get them between now and Christmas. I might be as excited or moreso for Speed Metal but will wait for stores. Likewise Mongul and Frankenstein.

I am 100% in for Gladiator Batman, Mr. Freeze, Connor Kent Superboy, Signal and most likely Kingdom Come.....and Flashpoint. Ugh it's a lot. Maybe I choose my money over these figures, but I enjoy what he's doing quite a bit. And am totally in for Spawn 2023.

I think his best effort is always Capullo - The Merciless and LKNOE series as well as the Death Metal stuff being cool. Plague from his Spawn line etc. So my hopes are up for this Batman Spawn product. It will be expensive as hell the next 6-8 months.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:35 am

Batman/Spawn is gonna be interesting.

I just hope I don’t have to buy too many Spawn figures to get the Batman figures. I’m almost 100% sure that these will be two-packs. Batman/Spawn and Joker/Clown are obvious. But it sounds as though there’s a larger cast to pull from. Don’t need to speculate on other two packs at this point. I’ll at least let the book come out for that.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:15 pm

Cyber Monday.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm

I saw Batrocious at target, looked very good in person.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 pm

Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:15 pm

Cyber Monday.

Isn't this just the same sale they've been having all weekend with a different code?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Yeah.

Different coupon code to track Black Friday shoppers differentiating them from Cyber Monday shoppers. We live in the age of metrics. Everything is marketing data.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:49 pm

Little bit disappointed. Thought we’d see Eradicator today.
Dr. Langstrom
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:14 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:49 pm
Little bit disappointed. Thought we’d see Eradicator today.
I thought we might see some of the new stuff go up for pre-order...guess that was silly of me, what with cyber Monday going on, I guess that was the focus of today...But we gotta start seeing pre-orders for some of the new stuff soon.. :rolleyes:
Dr.Langstrom
aka Man-Bat

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”