DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: DC General Thread

Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:30 am

Kinda thought we’d see some preorders go up today. Then I realized Todd will probably try to push as much as he can through his store from Black Friday to Cyber Monday. Guess we’ll see something up beginning of December now.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:45 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:06 pm
While I grab 100% of my MickDicks at full price (+ some doubles at a discount), after handling Booster, I've decided that I can't pay 20 bucks for any future figure on that awful body, so Deadman will have to wait a few months before I get him.

What? What's awful about it? I have no issues with mine.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:10 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Black Manta is my most anticipated figure in this line. Looks alright, but a bit weird as well. Why are the biceps swivels consisting of cuts through the middle of the biceps rather than above the biceps at the deltoids? Looks weird. Also big diaper and the torso in general looks kind of weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:56 am

He’s wearing an armored suit, so he really doesn’t have definitive muscle groups to sculpt around. Bicep swivel is OK where it is for that purpose.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:14 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Shinigami_PL wrote:
While I grab 100% of my MickDicks at full price (+ some doubles at a discount), after handling Booster, I've decided that I can't pay 20 bucks for any future figure on that awful body, so Deadman will have to wait a few months before I get him.
In truth, there’s nothing wrong with that buck as long as it’s used appropriately. It does evoke a DCUC feel, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing if it’s used correctly. Not for A or B listers. But for C listers and below. It’s an easy way to make this line deeper and wider. One of my favorite characters is Captain Atom. I don’t expect him to be made any time soon, but when or if he does get made, I’m not demanding an all new sculpt. Same with Starman Will Payton. And literally dozens (or hundreds) more.

Of course I want the heavy hitters to have new sculpts. Hawkman, Green Arrow, Alan Scott, Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Wildcat and more need new sculpts. But for a lot of characters I’d like to see in this line, I’m not picking a fight over a reused buck. Save the tooling money for a proper Etrigan. Or whoever/fill in the blank_______.
DisneyBoy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 am

He looks SUPER WEIRD.

Like 60s drug use weird.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:28 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Shinigami_PL wrote:

Just gonna repost what I said on the previous page.

Very mixed feelings about Booster and Beetle. I'm sick of MickDicks having screwed up proportions, and these figures showcase most of the problems. It's just funny how high their diapers sit and how short vertically those pieces are. The lower arms are laughably bad.
Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:28 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
Shinigami_PL wrote:

Just gonna repost what I said on the previous page.

Very mixed feelings about Booster and Beetle. I'm sick of MickDicks having screwed up proportions, and these figures showcase most of the problems. It's just funny how high their diapers sit and how short vertically those pieces are. The lower arms are laughably bad.

The length of the arms is what's most bothersome to me. Kyle Rayner has similar proportions but he's got longer forearms due to the gauntlets, and bigger hands. Looks much better than BB/Booster.

Not that the legs/diaper aren't a problem but I think they are really accentuated by those stubby arms.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:04 pm

This is new
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 pm

Well shit. I was gonna skip these.

That’s pretty awesome.
markhamknight
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:07 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:04 pm
This is new
Surprised he didn't drop Eradicator first, this is an easy skip for me.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Meh, I was expecting something better from this concept, but it still has some cool Kenner vibes. Skip.
Jadeb
Customized

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:48 pm

I don’t normally go for stuff like that, but he looks pretty dope.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:51 pm

Holy Shit that's awesome!! Finally :) I was waiting on that one. Will be great to get that Trinity Element X.

Hope to see DC vs. Vampires stuff soon too! Does this mean we get some new leaked listings soon? Usually that's the pattern.

As for Booster....I don't own the set as I was never a reader of them but happy they got made. They're just quite different from the normal Todd-fare in the sense they are simple, smooth and classic. If we had more of that in the line then I'll grab one. I like the look - proportions could be improved, but I don't have glaring issues. That Infected Superman body should NOT be the definitive Superman mold for proportion reasons. It's great for the Metal series and that's it. I would be buy a Flash on the Booster Gold buck honestly. Maybe Flashpoint.
Dr. Langstrom
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm

DisneyBoy wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 am
He looks SUPER WEIRD.

Like 60s drug use weird.
Nah...I was there in the 60s..wasn't like that at all...
Knight Bats looks awesome...
Dr.Langstrom
Aka - Man-Bat

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”