DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:58 am

So, Hasbro showed 21 new Marvel Legends figures today. Decent looking for the most part. Nothing particularly innovative. Although I’d almost buy vintage Star Lord. Impressive lineup from what I can tell. Still no Killraven. Todd refrained from poking them in the eye. He’s becoming more civilized.

I’m very much looking forward to the response. Should be epic.
hbprops
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 am

Did the page for the bat family pack go down??
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:27 am

hbprops wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 am
Did the page for the bat family pack go down??
It seems to have, yes. I noticed it back around 2:00 or 3:00 that it was Temporarily out of Stock. But when you clicked the link, it said the page could not be found.

That keeps happening on and off with the Tim Drake Robin as well.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:08 am

I watched the Marvel Legends livestream. It definitely had a lot of reveals and nice looking stuff. Just not for me. Especially after Todd revealed the Spawn wave and I like the Flash waves quite a bit. Still hoping to see something at NYCC. Maybe Gladiator Batman, Mr. Freeze and Mongul or Frankenstein.

McFarlane Toys has its issues for sure, but just much more fun and exciting where I sit. Largely from Spawn. I'm happy saving money not buying Legends, but always enjoy seeing what they've got going.
Stormbreaker1
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:45 am

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:58 am
So, Hasbro showed 21new Marvel Legends figures today. Decent looking for the most part. Nothing particularly innovative. Although I’d almost buy vintage Star Lord. Impressive lineup from what I can tell. Still no Killraven. Todd refrained from poking them in the eye. He’s becoming more civilized.

I’m very much looking forward to the response. Should be epic.
Just show me at least one Vampire Batman with that response.

The clock’s about to chime midnight where I’m at, which means October is mere minutes away.

And what better month for some red rain? :twisted:
InanimateObjects
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:51 am

So it seems Mr. Todd let this slip. Supposed to be a Walmart exclusive set in greyscale to match the marketing of the Arkham City game.

Can't really say I like this slippery slope toward so many repaints.

But what I find really interesting is the the background and setting of this photo. That's a cardboard set from Extreme-Sets. I've never seen Todd use a commercially available product like that. Usually he spends the money for a custom, dimensional set. Does that mean anything?
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:00 am

Got the page puncher Ollie today. I am simultaneously annoyed that I was so easily convinced to buy a nearly identical figure with a look that I like less than the first version just because his eyes are facing forward... but I am so happy to have my favorite DC character in a cool look with the eyes facing forward. (I probably would've just stuck with the first one if he hadn't transitioned to forward facing eyes.) Now give us Dinah please Todd, Queen's going to be insufferable til she gets here.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:06 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on Spawn over the last several months. I have a sentimental soft spot for the property as it was my entry point into adult collecting. Haven’t picked up any yet and don’t really plan to at this point. Focusing on one line at a time is generally what I do, and for considerations of money and space, Multiverse is the hill I die on.

Having said all that, Spawn is looking fantastic. This last wave in particular. Todd’s coming into his own again. The fun part is that this is really a line without heroes, only degrees of villains. It’s kinda brilliant in a way. Five or six figures a quarter is a manageable number. And I’m a little worried about my resolve when he starts dipping back to classics like Renegade or Zombie Spawn.

And as to Marvel Legends, it’s not really a DC vs Marvel thing anymore. It’s Todd vs everybody. He likes to up the ante if he can. Top himself. Have the last word. I think we get a fall showcase of some sort. And I think the next rumor wave, which we should hear soon, might actually “break the internet”. Might not be next week, but hopefully in the next month.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:47 am

Todays Marvel legends showing was the best I’ve seen in a while. I’ve purchased one ML figure this year and there’s at least 9 shown today I’ll be buying. Big improvement for Hasbro but DC is still my focus.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:35 am

i preordered a few legends today (something i've never felt the need to do before), but seeing the painted on details and thinking "mcfarlane would've had those sculpted" is such a kick in the dick
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:43 am

And then you look at something like Power Ring or red suit Tim and see those clearly cheaply painted on details.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
And then you look at something like Power Ring or red suit Tim and see those clearly cheaply painted on details.
I feel like it's not as egregious with the upper body as the paint matches the sculpt and is on-model to the comic. Those legs are an eyesore though.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:40 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
tim is aggressively bad, power ring is... not good but its what, flat spandex? a construct? don't know care about the lore about green lantern suits but it doesn't seem as bad as the elektra i just ordered. but on the other hand, at least for tim that means the version that sculpt was intended for will actually make sense and not just have everything painted on a flat smooth body like a vast majority of legends and a small fraction of multiverse figures
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:21 pm

Found the gold label shipper at a Target and was able to get Kyle. I almost missed it because it was near an endcap that was two aisles over from where the DC Multiverse figures are usually located. Deathstroke looked cool but left him as I have no connection to that outfit. Rock Adam has that Batman pinched head thing going on. Wonder Woman……..sigh. But at least I got Kyle.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 pm

Ultramane wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:40 am
Shinigami_PL wrote:
tim is aggressively bad, power ring is... not good but its what, flat spandex? a construct? don't know care about the lore about green lantern suits but it doesn't seem as bad as the elektra i just ordered. but on the other hand, at least for tim that means the version that sculpt was intended for will actually make sense and not just have everything painted on a flat smooth body like a vast majority of legends and a small fraction of multiverse figures
I can somewhat excuse it for Lanterns because magic costumes and stuff, they can be whatever. Parallax body is fine but what I can't be ok with is just painting a line over some elements that were obviously not sculpted for that look, like Power Ring's legs or that Rebirth Superman's boots from a while back.

Tim's short sleeves painted over in red are just egregious.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”