DC General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
ditko
Thread Killer
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:36 pm
Nah, those have to be 2 all new figures.
Yessir. No interest in repacks there.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 pm

A couple of Shazams popped up at a close-ish Walmart yesterday, but I'm guessing there's zero chance one is there by the time I'm off work today. Should I make the trip anyway? Hmmmmm

I got my Az Bat and Parallax at that store (amazingly) by placing an online order, but if I'm not mistaken, Shazam is not online yet, correct?
Nik
CROM!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:46 pm

I'm giving up on Azbats. I checked the app religiously for weeks to no avail, and I go to Walmart at least 3 times a week for various reasons and it's always bupkus. I think I'm just going to convince myself that I'm waiting for a re-release with painted claws that may never come. So weird for there to be DC McFarlane figures that are hard to get after all of these years of them being the easiest line to collect.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:03 pm

Wally West was simple to find. Parallax and AzBats a bit harder. Shazam and Dark Flash have been the most difficult, by far, for me to find. Particularly since Brickseek took a shit and the Wal Mart app doesn’t have a listing for either. The other three I was able to order, no sweat.

As soon as they go below $40.00 on eBay, I’m considering going that route.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Good news is that the Speed Metal wave should be here today.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Snagged Kyle and black Adam with throne.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:43 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
A couple of Shazams popped up at a close-ish Walmart yesterday, but I'm guessing there's zero chance one is there by the time I'm off work today. Should I make the trip anyway? Hmmmmm

I got my Az Bat and Parallax at that store (amazingly) by placing an online order, but if I'm not mistaken, Shazam is not online yet, correct?
Did you get Brickseek to give you a quantity on Shazam? He's still just coming up as Unknown when I search for him and still doesn't have a listing on Walmart's site or app.
yojoebro82

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Johnas wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:

Did you get Brickseek to give you a quantity on Shazam? He's still just coming up as Unknown when I search for him and still doesn't have a listing on Walmart's site or app.
No, no trace of him online at all but there have been physical sightings in my area.

I was seeing if lightning could strike twice and I could have a successful in-store pick up transaction on two different occasions.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:04 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Johnas wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:

No, no trace of him online at all but there have been physical sightings in my area.

I was seeing if lightning could strike twice and I could have a successful in-store pick up transaction on two different occasions.
How did you do an in-store pickup on something not listed on Walmart's website?
yojoebro82

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:11 pm

PG-Superfan wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:04 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Johnas wrote:

How did you do an in-store pickup on something not listed on Walmart's website?
For Az Bat and Parallax. They were sold out online but showed up as in stock at one of my stores at one point about a month ago. Was able to do a store pick up for those.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 pm

Surprised to not only run across the new Target gold label display with Kyle/Deathstroke/Black Adam/ WW - but also surprised to see that Deathstroke was by far the one picked over the most. I ended up grabbing the last two - yet the other 3 characters were barely touched.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm

Speed Metal wave showed up a day early.

Love ‘em all. Now I really need the fifth figure in this wave…Dark Flash.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:57 pm

https://toynewsi.com/14-44532

WM exclusive Batmobeast with a figure. 50 bucks. But it’s basically just the roll cage.
thewyldman
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:59 pm

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:57 pm
https://toynewsi.com/14-44532

WM exclusive Batmobeast with a figure. 50 bucks. But it’s basically just the roll cage.
I almost wonder if these are repacked overstock based on how long both of these releases have been clearanced. THe removal of the shell is just odd though
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:35 am

As someone who enjoyed Dark Knights Metal and Death Metal, and have most of the related McFarlane figures, even I’d say this is a bit much. But I do understand why. I’m just relieved he didn’t put a new figure in with the vehicle.

Todd can keep up the Metal stuff in perpetuity as long as retailers keep biting. But to me, as someone who really liked the comics, there’s only about three more characters I even care about: dried up Swamp Thing, Death Metal Harley, and Zombie Jonah Hex.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”