McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Thread

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:55 pm

The figures are generally easy to get and if you’re patient you can snag a bunch on sale. It’s not uncommon for 2-packs to drop to $30. Same with mega figs.

Gold label just means store exclusive these days. As has been pointed out there have only been a few figures that have shot way up on the secondary market.

It’s honestly the easiest line to collect currently. Just watch out. It gets crazy fast.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:08 pm

I was hoping to post on the 400th page that I finally bought an Azrael Batman figure ... but I didn't.

I still want to post on the 400th page though.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Gold Label Azbats is the first McFarlane DC Multiverse figure I have had a hard time acquiring since the line began. Every other figure I wanted, I was able to easily obtain at MSRP or less. Hopefully it shows up in the usual McFarlane quantities in stores and online soon. This scarcity is a bunch of ol' bullshit. I'm sure Walmart is the culprit.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:23 pm

Nik wrote:
Gold Label Azbats is the first McFarlane DC Multiverse figure I have had a hard time acquiring since the line began. Every other figure I wanted, I was able to easily obtain at MSRP or less. Hopefully it shows up in the usual McFarlane quantities in stores and online soon. This scarcity is a bunch of ol' bullshit. I'm sure Walmart is the culprit.
They are, but only inasmuch as they can't figure out distribution. I am quite sure Todd has produced a massive number of Azbats, but how and when Walmart will get them to stores (and which stores) is always up in the air. But people are finding them, and we have to believe they will be available to order online at some point, so hopefully the scarcity won't last.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Had a tougher time with Parallax. I’ve seen AzBats in a store. No Parallax in the wild so far. Around here at least.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:28 pm

Gold label Martian manhunter was hard to find the first few weeks he came out. Todd’s been good about getting stuff to stores, people need to be patient.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Gold Label Martian Manhunter also had an easy preorder. Not so much for the Walmart stuff.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 pm

I think target is better in store but my hope is that with the superpowers shippers that walmart might be taking a better approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:30 pm

Finally got a shipping notice from McFarlane store yesterday that my Beetle/Booster 2-pack and Bane figure have shipped. ETA is Friday the 19th. Fingers crossed.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 pm

Nik wrote:
Doesn't surprise me, he was released in limited quantities and there's just much more demand for him than anyone else. I say this because I've yet to pick up anyone else other than Swamp Thing, and Year 2 Batman. With the later also being in higher demand and limited quantities.

I imagine more will come and then we'd all be complaining about how we see nothing but that "crappy pastel a** Azbat" on the pegs.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:21 pm

I desperately want to get AzBats but I feel totally confident it isn't going to be hard to get in a few weeks.

Also still loving this Deathstroke soooo much. Love it when you finally get a figure you've been dying to get and it lives up to your own internal hype.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:16 am

Finally found some pictures of Bane with the harness removed.

Unfortunately, it's way too much work to customize for someone who's never done anything more than a simple head-swap.

Oh well. The additional harness is starting to grow on me, sort of.
PJ
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:52 am
PJ wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 am
My Scarecrow (Infinite Frontier) arrived tonight from Amazon.
Are you gonna take try to take off the green rag?
Probably not. From the quick look I did under the ponchos It looks like there will be a hole in the torso. So I am just going to keep it as is and hope for a more traditional one down the line.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:00 am

In a weird development, after being delayed almost a week on Wal-Mart's website, my AzBat figure now says, "On Its Way". However, there is no tracking number or place to click for any kind of tracking. The option to cancel the item is gone now though. So, hopefully it really will be shipping out soon.

I really expected it to get cancelled. But I don't have it yet so, I will continue to assume I'm not getting it until it's in my hands.
Christo
Customized

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:29 am

Exclusives are hard to come by in my neck of the woods - I gave up the never-ending chase when I couldn’t find a Three Jokers Comedian. Now, if I find something, great. If not, it wasn’t meant to be.

(Except for Super Powers - I’ll shank children and little old ladies for Super Powers)

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”