McFarlane DC Multiverse The 3 Jokers wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The 3 Jokers wave

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:11 am

I found the Criminal, the Clown, and Red Hood at Target today. The only one I haven’t seen at this point is Batman, oddly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheMadcapLaughs
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:00 am

Got Bats a few days ago

Of the 3 Three Jokers figures I own, I'd have to rank them Comedian>Batman>Batgirl

Comedian Joker is probably my absolute favorite Mick Dick. Excellent sculpt, excellent paint work, and while there are some limitations to the articulation, it's fully expected with the trenchcoat. My biggest nitpick is the lack of a revolver, which due to the WB mandate, I can't really fault Todd for

Batman is a really good figure, but I have some gripes that hold him back from being truly excellent. My biggest gripe is the lack of forward movement in the torso. His ankles are also a bit limited going back. I will say, though, that I was pleasantly surprised by how much thigh twist he gets. I'm also not feeling that bat-grapple accessory and would have gladly ditched it in favor of him just having fisted hands.

Batgirl is hindered by her reused parts. Compared to newer figures in the line, the movement in the reused legs feels very stiff, and you really don't get much thigh twist at all. You can also count me among those who don't care for the side-eye.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:07 am

Apologizes in advance but I am going to spam the thread with more pictures. I really enjoyed the 3 Jokers book, not a bad tale and artistically stunning. Best I have enjoyed in a long time. These figures truly look to have jumped off the page and onto my shelf. Ton of fun posing them today and really happy with how they look together.

At $20 each I am not sure I can nit pick these...found all but the Gamestop ex in store before PO's were fulfilled. I think McF does a great job at adequate distribution.

presenting for one night only - The new JokEr.

Best Joker figure ever in my opinion. Just perfect and at $20 to boot.

The 3 Jokers

Black Arbor
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:13 am

bananaman wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:07 am
Apologizes in advance but I am going to spam the thread with more pictures. I really enjoyed the 3 Jokers book, not a bad tale and artistically stunning. Best I have enjoyed in a long time. These figures truly look to have jumped off the page and onto my shelf. Ton of fun posing them today and really happy with how they look together.

At $20 each I am not sure I can nit pick these...found all but the Gamestop ex in store before PO's were fulfilled. I think McF does a great job at adequate distribution.

presenting for one night only - The new JokEr.

Best Joker figure ever in my opinion. Just perfect and at $20 to boot.

The 3 Jokers

That stage is awesome! Mind sharing the recipe? :D
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:27 am

I assumed the stage was something Muppet related. I know you mentioned it previously, but where were the tommygun and dynamite bundle from? I thought it was something Fortnite but can't quite remember plus the old thread got zapped and I can't go back to check.
bananaman
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:33 am

Hi guys, stage is 100% Michaels, craft wood and imagination. Tommy Gun is fortnite and dynamite Mezco=either Harley or Joker not sure which.
IamI
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:49 pm

My 3J Batman from Amazon arrived a week earlier! The arms were stuck which may have been because when he was delivered and left outside the temperature was in the 20s. A little hot water and now he moves freely.

There’s something about his noggin I just don’t care for. I may cut the ears off an Arkham Batman and put in place of the current ones. Or I may do a head transplant from the upcoming Zur-En-Arrh figure. Probably at sometime I will do both!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:43 am

I also got Batman today and he is up there for a mcfarlane figure the head isn’t as big if a issue as I thought it would like the year 2 figure but I have to say I may enjoy year 2 more but this is still a fantastic figure
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm

I’m probably in the minority on this but I’m not that impressed with this Batman. It’s an ok figure but I guess the combination of the suite and sculpt are not clicking with me. The head is a little pinheaded too.
bat1975
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:50 pm

For me, this is definitely the best Batman he's made so far. I would almost venture to say it's my definitive 1/12 scale Batman, except I've never been a big fan of the yellow oval/black cape, etc., combo (Prefer either black, no oval, a la Year One, or blue, with oval, Neal Adams style).

The comedian Joker is also amazing, it's the first Joker figure I've ever seen that I think actually captures just how scary he would be in "real life."
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 am

Been to several Targets in my area over the last few days, and The Criminal is piling up at all of them...not a bad figure per se, but compared to The Clown, I just don't think he fits the general buying populace's view of the Joker.
Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:32 am

Ro-El wrote:
I’m probably in the minority on this but I’m not that impressed with this Batman. It’s an ok figure but I guess the combination of the suite and sculpt are not clicking with me. The head is a little pinheaded too.

I'm with you. The spandex looking suit doesn't quite mesh with the textured boots/gloves. It also doesn't really match the source material, there are some big differences in the cowl/cape/gloves on this Batman compared to Fabok's artwork.

Starting to see more of these show up on shelves though. Found a Criminal and Clown at a Target near my brother's house. Probably will wait and see if they go on sale. Maybe it's the hairline but something about the Clown just seems a bit off despite the great face sculpt.

Batgirl is a must have though.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:43 am

Ro-El wrote:
Maybe it's the hairline but something about the Clown just seems a bit off despite the great face sculpt.
Partly why I stuck to just the Comedian Joker this time. The hairlines of the other two threw me off getting them as well.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 am

I don't want to be negative about this set but Red Hood's head sculpt is around the same size as ML Retro Spiderman. I mean come on these are supposed to be 7 inch scaled action figures.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:37 am

I got KJ Joker from Gamestop a couple weeks ago on sale and love him. I stopped at a local Target today looking to see if the NECA FrankenRaph had hit locally yet and noticed the crime boss Joker in the NECA section, so I grabbed him and walked over to the toy isles. On the pegs were another of that figure, as well as 2 of the Comedian Joker, 3Js Batgirl and armored Batman. I had the Jokers in my hand when a friendly and helpful employee asked if there was anyone else from the wave I was looking for, because they had Red Hood and KJ Joker in the back. I said if he didn't mind running back, I would happily take a Red Hood. A minute later I'm thanking him and walking to the registers with the 3 figures from the wave I still wanted.

It was a good toy day.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”