McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Ultramane
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane DC Multiverse The Batman movie wave

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:10 pm

"triggered"
"snowflakes"
"critical thinker"

kinda says it all, tbh
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:13 pm

Kenobi wrote:
TheRealSmallville wrote:
Ultramane wrote:remember: it's extremely easy to block and ignore the cRiTiCaL tHiNkErS and let them shit up threads to an audience of nobody
I have enjoyed many posts from Kenobi, so I'd hate to have to utilize the block function myself Image It just seems like lately there's been a bit of lashing out occurring.

I think it all started with Todd slapping him in the face, and it snowballed from there. Not sure though.
TheRealSmallville wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 pm
Kenobi wrote: lol you are joking right? Did you bump your head?

What baiting did I do in this thread? Or before? I wasn’t even the first to talk about the movie!

What line don’t I collect? What are you even trying to say?

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind lol. Try reading the posts. I said what you said already, I don’t care if you like it. You missed that huh? Probably missed the name calling goo huh? Have you seen the replies to me? Literal paragraphs trying to change my mind!

And you have the audacity to only call me out :lol:

I get it now. No critical thinking allowed, no criticism allowed, because y’all can’t handle a differing opinion :lol:

It’s all about mindless consumption here everything is great nothing is bad.
You also break out the name calling every so often in other threads, so don't play it like you were attacked here, man. You even accused me the other day of "rubbing purchases in peoples' faces." Every time someone asks you to dial it back, you come out with this victim routine. "You're so mean! I guess you don't allow other opinions! I'm being oppressed! Arrgh!"

It's old, and dare I say, not very Jedi-like. Go outside, get some air.
I give it back if people wanna be assholes towards me like you are right now. I have no issue giving it back. I’m not gonna come out and call someone idiotic or dumb for liking/hating something unprovoked like the vast majority here do.

And lol at blocking people. Can really tell who the snowflakes are.
Well, hey, I appreciate you proving my point ImageConsistency is key.
Ultramane
CROM!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm

i also find it interesting that people feel the need to put forth the time and effort to read and reply to threads about things they don't care about. you don't see me in the ZSJL or 66 threads because i have nothing to contribute there. what good is it if i tell you how much i dislike something i have no interest in? boring for everyone
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:38 pm

Do we have any mods on this forum?
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:57 am

Ro-El wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:20 pm
Ugh. Still wish unmasked heads are included with regular figures. I might be more enticed to get everything if that were so.

Lol. I've said it before... I've got a massive jar of unmasked and alternative Marvel Legends heads that are basically useless.

I can only really select one head to put on the figure for display.

McFarlane releasing the variant heads with their own bodies, makes sense... given the directive of McF to make cool figures meant to be displayed by adult collectors.

Those who want a masked and unmasked BatPat, can display both simultaneously with this release strategy.

As long as McF keeps the prices as low as he does, it's fine.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 am

Ultramane wrote:remember: it's extremely easy to block and ignore the cRiTiCaL tHiNkErS and let them shit up threads to an audience of nobody
That was easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KNR
Customized

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:05 am

Back to being on topic.

I really like these designs, they make for fun toys. The Riddler especially stands out to me, I really dig the vibe he has. If I was to find a complaint, it would be Catwomans mask, I wish it just was better?
But all and all, I like this wave and will be purchasing them. Can’t wait to see Riddler and I hope this movie is as good as the trailer has me thinking it will be and gets a sequel.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:17 am

Other retailers (Dorkside, etc.) have these available for pre order now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:35 am

K_Steel wrote:
I've got a massive jar of unmasked and alternative Marvel Legends heads that are basically useless.
Yeah, as much as I like to tell myself it's nice to have options, part of me knows the vast majority of all those alternate heads are in the zip lock bag to stay. At this point if Todd can keep doing low cost new sculpting I'll just go ahead and pick if I want masked or unmasked and be good.

Also, what's that accessory Riddler comes with?
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:44 am

Where do I go to get my permission slip signed to be able to say that I dislike this new trend of figures with "side eye." Menial as it may sound, I was warming up to Barbara Gordon's late 30's looking face but balked when I saw the look she'd be giving me in perpetuity. It's like Todd decided "well I can't make a rotating knob of plastic like unmasked Kickstarter Spawn's head again, so I'll just jack the pupils to rob them of perceived head articulation."

As for masked or unmasked, is there a reason we can't have both heads with the figure and just pay $5 more rather than rebuying the whole thing? "I do it for the fans man!"
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 am

K_Steel wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:20 pm
Ugh. Still wish unmasked heads are included with regular figures. I might be more enticed to get everything if that were so.

Lol. I've said it before... I've got a massive jar of unmasked and alternative Marvel Legends heads that are basically useless.

I can only really select one head to put on the figure for display.

McFarlane releasing the variant heads with their own bodies, makes sense... given the directive of McF to make cool figures meant to be displayed by adult collectors.

Those who want a masked and unmasked BatPat, can display both simultaneously with this release strategy.

As long as McF keeps the prices as low as he does, it's fine.
Not for me. I too also have a “jar” of alternate hands and heads…..but I actually use them and switch them out from time to time. I’m not the type to want to pay twice the cost for a similar body just to display a new head. I’m also the type of collector that moves his figures quite frequently so alternating hands and heads is my preferred way of enjoying my figures as opposed to letting them stay static on a shelf(nothing wrong with that either btw)

But I get it. Mac is just not catering to my specific needs nor collectors like me. If what he is doing is making the line successful then it is what it is. I just like to vent every now and then in the case Mac does look around here and take suggestions.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:54 am

Ro-El wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 am

Not for me. I too also have a “jar” of alternate hands and heads…..but I actually use them and switch them out from time to time. I’m not the type to want to pay twice the cost for a similar body just to display a new head. I’m also the type of collector that moves his figures quite frequently so alternating hands and heads is my preferred way of enjoying my figures as opposed to letting them stay static on a shelf(nothing wrong with that either btw)

But I get it. Mac is just not catering to my specific needs nor collectors like me. If what he is doing is making the line successful then it is what it is. I just like to vent every now and then in the case Mac does look around here and take suggestions.
True. It depends on who's buying.

I assume the majority of us (especially for McFarlane figures) just place them behind the glass, on displays and leave them. Like statues.

Personally, I find it more convenient to select the variant of the figure that I like to display... instead of ending up with an alt-head that just ends up in a jar.

If I want a figure with unmasked and masked, I like the idea of getting both versions... so both can be displayed together.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:35 am

Also, what's that accessory Riddler comes with?
I've been wondering the same thing. Almost looks like a little putty knife or small shovel/trowel. Maybe something he uses as a weapon or to write a message in the movie? Definitely curious.

EDIT: According to the listing on BBTS, it's an ice pick.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Alternate heads are a nice idea but I find myself never using them. Same goes with alternate hands. Depending on the character I never use this stuff. I pick my preferred setup and stick with it. With ML, I never use the unmasked Wolverine heads. I also never use the non claw hands. It just seems pointless.

There are rare exceptions....like Spidey. He's one character that I find myself swapping wall crawling hands, fist hands, web shooting hands. But even with him, the unmasked head never really makes an appearance.

In this line I picked up Thomas Wayne unmasked, Batfleck unmasked and Bloodsport unmasked. Thomas Wayne never gets displayed, Batfleck I'll probably sell....Bloodsport is probably the only one I'll use (and sadly his head is the worst).

I would like to see a move away from trigger finger hands when there's nothing to finger. Superman should come with fists and open hands. Batman fists and gripping hands. Everyone else....eh.....just give us better default hands that make sense for the character.

I'm happy they included a gripping hand in the Batcycle. If that's what it takes to get extra hands for a figure, that works for me.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:36 pm

wow check this out from mattel, a 1/10 scale r/c 2021 patson batmobile with figure and display station. all this for $500 from mattel creations.

for those who don't have twitter

edit:
here is the link from mattel creations.
https://creations.mattel.com/pages/mc-d ... -batmobile

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”