Batman 1966

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4314
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:41 pm

reveals
Image
Image
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:45 pm

So happy this line keeps going.

Bookworm, Shame and Mad Hatter will be the only villains made by Figures Toy Company that McF hasn't done, hope he can get to them.
User avatar
scottg10
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 am

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:49 pm

fac wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:45 pm
So happy this line keeps going.

Bookworm, Shame and Mad Hatter will be the only villains made by Figures Toy Company that McF hasn't done, hope he can get to them.
Me too! Those three characters are the only reason I still have any FTC figures on display. Would be very happy to retire them and give more space to the 6” Mattel/McFarlane figures.
bezem
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:06 pm

This line is everything I wanted the Mattel line to become, and in scale with it to boot. Very excited for the future of this line.
Dr. Langstrom
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 pm

Krypt0nite wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:06 pm
I would love to see another Batman and Robin, this time with sculpted capes.
This.
Dr. Langstrom aka Man-Bat
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:51 pm

The upcoming figures look great! Cool that they're throwing in Two Face's coin, too. This whole line is a dream come true, and makes my inner kid so happy. Now that they're doing Two Face, it makes me wonder who else we might see from the animated movies or the continuation comic. The line could go for years if they expand to those, but definitely want to see Bookworm and Mad Hatter first.
User avatar
geoffdude
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:04 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:06 pm

I still REALLY want Green Hornet & Kato for this line... makes way more sense than Two-Face since they were in 2 episodes.
bezem
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 pm

geoffdude wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:06 pm
I still REALLY want Green Hornet & Kato for this line... makes way more sense than Two-Face since they were in 2 episodes.
As awesome as they would be, never gonna happen. Two-Face's inclusion is welcomed and makes perfect sense. He was in the animated movie as well as a comic based on the original script for his proposed appearance. He also doesn't require likeness rights and has the same corporate owner.

The more realistic dream is for Todd or another company to license the Green Hornet IP and make figures that happen to scale with this line. That would be awesome. Until then, I'm happy this 66 line has the legs it does. I was worried Todd would do the exact same character selection as Mattel and then call it a day.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 11339
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:20 am

Diamond is making a 7” Bruce Lee as Kato action figure. Maybe McFarlane could also make some 7” Multiverse Batman 66 figures. At least Batman himself.
User avatar
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:55 am

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:22 am

We need a normal Batman re-release too.
User avatar
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1134
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:29 am

I am egg-tremely egg-cited to add Egghead to my collection. I'm an egg-ceptionally big Vincent Price fan.
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3994
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:44 am

Odowan wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:29 am
I am egg-tremely egg-cited to add Egghead to my collection. I'm an egg-ceptionally big Vincent Price fan.
Egg-xactly.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4370
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:22 am

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:26 am

All hail King Todd! Amazingly nice Egghead and Tut - I too hope Batman and Robin get re-dos. Would love to see the dynamic duo with some added articulation. Ball hips and Shoulders would be nice

of course Chief O'Hara, Commissioner Gordon would be great along side Batgirl should they get that license

Aunt Harriet and Alfred with the study! Would love that
User avatar
Odowan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1134
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:16 am

mr Articulate wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:26 am
All hail King Todd! Amazingly nice Egghead and Tut - I too hope Batman and Robin get re-dos. Would love to see the dynamic duo with some added articulation. Ball hips and Shoulders would be nice

of course Chief O'Hara, Commissioner Gordon would be great along side Batgirl should they get that license

Aunt Harriet and Alfred with the study! Would love that
I know that WB/DC doesn't have Neil Hamilton's likeness rights, so Gordon is a no go. And who would want O'Hara without Gordon beside him?

I thought I read Yvonne Craig had signed a likeness rights deal with WB before her death, but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Todd's misogyny may be the only thing in the way of a Batgirl.
User avatar
scottg10
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:21 am

Re: Batman 1966

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:29 am

Odowan wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:16 am
mr Articulate wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:26 am
All hail King Todd! Amazingly nice Egghead and Tut - I too hope Batman and Robin get re-dos. Would love to see the dynamic duo with some added articulation. Ball hips and Shoulders would be nice

of course Chief O'Hara, Commissioner Gordon would be great along side Batgirl should they get that license

Aunt Harriet and Alfred with the study! Would love that
I know that WB/DC doesn't have Neil Hamilton's likeness rights, so Gordon is a no go. And who would want O'Hara without Gordon beside him?

I thought I read Yvonne Craig had signed a likeness rights deal with WB before her death, but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Todd's misogyny may be the only thing in the way of a Batgirl.
McFarlane stated in some previous interview that there were likeness rights issues with Yvonne Craig. This is after Mattel and other companies have done ‘66 Batgirl items, so not sure what has changed.

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”





Recent Topics