MAFEX DCEU Figures

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX DCEU Figures

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:23 am

I’m so fricken tired of seeing DCEU Harley Quinn figures. Sorry. I know that’s not constructive, but I’ve been holding it in for a long time now. :wink:
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 am

Mafex should probably focus on getting out their backlist of dozens of DC and Marvel movie and comic figures before soliciting new ones at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:18 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 am
Mafex should probably focus on getting out their backlist of dozens of DC and Marvel movie and comic figures before soliciting new ones at this point.

Exactly.

I got 7 delay emails from Amazon JP today. A lot of them is for stuff they had apologized for being delayed, and then promised they'd be out by their new dates.
Bip
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:09 pm

Xavion2004 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:23 am
I’m so fricken tired of seeing DCEU Harley Quinn figures. Sorry. I know that’s not constructive, but I’ve been holding it in for a long time now. :wink:
You're probably going to see more with The Suicide Squad coming out.

Man, Medicom's prices are getting ridiculous. While its nice to have another Harley I would rather have more variety when it comes to the DCEU. We have no MoS figures, mostly Harley and Joker figures from Suicide Squad, one figure from Wonder Woman and Shazam, no Ocean Master to complete the Aquaman series, and only Harley figures for Birds of Prey. I know covid screwed everything up but more variety would be nice.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 12:00 pm

Just watched Brad The DCU Geek's review of the Aquaman movie figure with Black Manta. The waist joint just snapped on the Arthur figure during the review. Makes me worry about the MAFEX QC as I've heard some horror stories.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 am

Got Mera in the mail today. Wow. What a stunningly beautiful figure. The likeness is so much stronger in person. No defects, beautiful paint apps, gorgeous hair...I think she's the most beautiful figure in my collection.
TheRealSmallville
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 8:24 am

Kassle wrote:Got Mera in the mail today. Wow. What a stunningly beautiful figure. The likeness is so much stronger in person. No defects, beautiful paint apps, gorgeous hair...I think she's the most beautiful figure in my collection.
This is great to hear. I ordered mine from Amazon Japan, but she won't be here until next week. Got any pics?

The main selling point for me was the non-headpiece hair...it looked like it was wet in some of the promo shots, like she had just walked out of the ocean. I can't wait to get her.

SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:55 pm

pr1983 wrote:
Just watched Brad The DCU Geek's review of the Aquaman movie figure with Black Manta. The waist joint just snapped on the Arthur figure during the review. Makes me worry about the MAFEX QC as I've heard some horror stories.
The ball joint was obviously fused in the joint, just like he said in the video.

I have not seen or heard of that being a massive, widespread issue, and that figure has been out for a bit.
eazyse7en
Super Poseable

Sun May 09, 2021 6:01 pm

pr1983 wrote:
My Mafex superman snapped at the waist. Was completely stuck when I got it and the attempt to free it, even with care and heat, just broke it. Mafex QC has not really improved over the years.
Benedict
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 9:44 pm

First Mafex for me was 2.0 Batman, that put me off their line for years. They’ve definitely improved their QC.
dHunter333
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 6:58 am

My first was The Dark Knight Batman 1.0. SOOOOO bad. Falls apart by looking at it, it is so poorly made. I have no idea how they are still in business. How did they survive with that as their launching point? Their recent stuff is solid though after progressively getting better over the years.
macstertome
Customized

Wed May 12, 2021 12:11 am

dHunter333 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:58 am
My first was The Dark Knight Batman 1.0. SOOOOO bad. Falls apart by looking at it, it is so poorly made. I have no idea how they are still in business. How did they survive with that as their launching point? Their recent stuff is solid though after progressively getting better over the years.

They make a ton of other things. The 1/12 line of figures is their most recent entry into the market. Here in Japan you can buy small vinyl statues around of ton of properties. They also make some pretty decent 1/6 scale figures that are highly sought after around here by collectors of that scale.

They really had an awful launch period though. The materials, the engineering. Everything was horribly made or made of such shoddy stuff that it just fell apart. It took overlong for them to get anywhere near the levels they have now. But it has been iterative where very release has tried harder than the last to be up to snuff. Hopefully as time goes by this will all become just a memory. But they need to do better about quality assurance. It is not OK that any percentage above 1% gets to leave the factory with a defect. Their figures have not been getting cheaper over time and the pricing should also reflect better quality than what we are getting.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 am

Benedict wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:44 pm
First Mafex for me was 2.0 Batman, that put me off their line for years. They’ve definitely improved their QC.
My first were their old Iron Man figures and they were absolutely horrid. I sold them at bargain prices and still felt like i was scamming the buyer.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm

So first Iron Man gets an update and now Harley. Can I get a dang mudhorn for my Mandalorian now??? :lol:
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Reinanigans wrote:Image

So first Iron Man gets an update and now Harley. Can I get a dang mudhorn for my Mandalorian now??? :lol:
Stay tuned Image

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”