McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SITE! - DC Club Infinite Earths, DC Unlimited, DC Collectibles and all the rest! Come in and talk about them.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:30 pm

I know this Batman has a new head sculpt but it does resemble the DM Bats head sculpt.
DM Bats is my favorite Batman so far that McFarlane has done even being story specific. The range of motion is pretty terrific on that figure.
I know one has been done but I would still love to see a new Rebirth Bats redone using this body.
He could be in a 2 -pack with Bane. A new Bane of course based on the story I Am Bane.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 pm

Kenobi wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 pm
VictorD10010 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pm
samhain2731 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Anyone edited black undies on that Batman yet? :lol:

:drool:

Perfection. This is what I want.

Once in hand adding the black trunks (if desired) should be a super easy paint job. I'll probably do it to at least one or two of them. As I plan to get multiples of this one.

IamI
HULK SMASH!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:32 pm

I’m hoping the Dark Knights Metal boots fit on this figure for a more generic, post Knightfall look.
ChrisLyne
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:48 pm

Definitely in for Batman & Batgirl, probably Red Hood too. The trench coat on the Comedian looks amazing, but I’ll probably go for the more traditional looking Clown version depending on how the full body shots look.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:54 pm

Got the green lantern two pack today and Hal Jordan is awesome I can’t believe that it’s just a few parts swaps from the John Stewart
jaygarrick1940
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:32 am

They need to make a Gaggy figure to go with the 3 Joker figures. He could be packed with a variant Joker figure with a bullet wound in his head. But since the figures can't have guns, I guess no alternate heads with bullet wounds.
kboe1313
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 am

jaygarrick1940 wrote:
They need to make a Gaggy figure to go with the 3 Joker figures. He could be packed with a variant Joker figure with a bullet wound in his head. But since the figures can't have guns, I guess no alternate heads with bullet wounds.
It would be cool if we got a lot more classic and classic versions of Batman characters. I think the "criminal" Joker will go good with the Y2 Batman.
FPJonesIII
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:51 am

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:19 am
FPJonesIII wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:05 am
Similarly, I was expecting a new head sculpt, but this is definitely the Death Metal Batman head.
It not. It's completely new.
Made a comparison and I'll admit that I was incorrect, but it's definitely not completely new. The mouth and chin are different, but everything else looks identical to me:

MarvelElite wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:04 pm
Wouldn't be surprising if Three Jokers Bats ends up with a gold label edition with black undies, or an all black figure as a tribute to Batman 89.
Don't know if I would prefer it, but I would be interested in seeing what a Keaton themed repaint of this Batman would look like.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 am

While the ears are the same length, the new ones are more pointy and slim than DM Batman's. Also, he has more wrinkles in his frown than the previous figure. It's similar, but it is a completely new head.

But yeah, I don't like it either. Too wide, too old-looking. He almost looks DKR Batman old.

It's weird, the body seems good enough, but they had to put a weird head on it. Maybe we can find one that fits the proportions and isn't hard to find. Funny that neither of the two Batman they've shown have had a great looking head sculpt.

I also feel like the symbol's really small on his chest, but I can let that slide.
Jadeb
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:35 am

Ninjak wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04 pm

Once in hand adding the black trunks (if desired) should be a super easy paint job. I'll probably do it to at least one or two of them. As I plan to get multiples of this one.

That looks great. Anyone know an easy trick to getting a clean edge along the utility belt? If so, I might give it a try.
spinc wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 am

I also feel like the symbol's really small on his chest, but I can let that slide.
That’s the size I think the oval should be (not just on this fig but in general), and I can’t stand over-sized versions. Huge ovals are deal-breakers for me, hard stop.

Goes to show you can’t please everyone!
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 am

jaygarrick1940 wrote:
I had the same thought regarding a Gaggy pack-in. I'd prefer an alive Gaggy, though.
Ultramane
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:37 am

i think considering the flexible nature of the crotch piece, you might be better off trying to dye the trunks black and painting the belt.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:56 am

There's a 90% chance that the belt is removable. I'm too lazy to check if the diaper piece is the exact same on this and Y2 or not (if they are, then the belt is a separate piece for sure) but even if they're different, with Todd there's always a chance of the belt being its own piece.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:13 am

I love how Todd puts out one of his best Batman’s and a Batman that’s pretty similar to the much praised David vonner prototype…and theres still comments like “well…I wish this was different.” It’s just funny. Everyone has their own preferred look for Batman.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:54 am

One thing I like about preorders for Mcfarlane's DC Multiverse is the time from preorders to release is usually a month or so compared to Hasbro, Mafex, Mezco, etc who have preorders for figures that won't release for 6+ months.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Watchtower: The Unofficial DC Toy Board”